[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Have you ever met a famous person ?

whomper

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay met most of below very briefly but :

Pujols - accomodating and kind to the kids who were looking for autograph

Mariano Rivera - really nice and friendly

Arod - cold and a bit icy

Ozzie Smith - incredibly nice and accomodating

Carlos Zambrano - very nice and friendly

Tommy Lasorda - great guy , hearty laugh and big smiles for all

Bill Cowher - a true class act , very friendly and accomodating

Jose Reyes- obnoxious and unfriendly

David Wright - super guy ...accomodating and very friendly

JFK Jr - at a restaurant , said hello , smiled ..seemed nice

Ryan Braun - wonderful guy who was talkative and friendly

Nomar Garciaparra - went out of his way to sign autographs and be nice

Mia Hamm - looked annoyed and like she wanted to leave ...

Matt Holiday ( has a gorgoeus wife btw ) - also friendly and willing to take time for the fans

Cano - super nice , big smile , very friendly

Bobby Nystrom - talkative , friendly and really a good guy

Rob Schneider - i scared him in the street by accident but he was nice enough all the same

John Calipari - huge Yankee fan and really nice and talkative

Lou Carnesecca - as good as they come ...friendly

OK, this wasn't me but is maybe my favorite story involving interaction with someone famous:

A friend of mine (Mitch) was in a crowded bar in NYC. He and the guy next to him were both trying to get the attention of the bartender, when Mitch looked over and saw the other guy was Paul McCartney. After about 5 more minutes and no bartender, Mitch turned to Paul and said "Geez, I guess you gotta be famous to get a drink around here!".

I do have an inside bead to play golf this summer at Lake George in upstate NY in a foursome with Barry Melrose. That would make mah pants tight the entire summer if it happens.

Mullet envy?

I forgot I did play some 3 Card poker with Tom Tolbert. He was in Tahoe for a celebrity pro/am golf tourney and his gilfriend/wife was one of the hottest women I have ever seen.

Jordan, Barkley, Emmitt and a few others were in the high rollers area and there was a line of security outside so tha people couldn;t stop to watch.

Tolbert seemed like a decent guy FWIW.

Met Viking qb Tommy Kramer 25 years ago at an after hours party. He of course was drunker then chit. Took him for about 200 bucks playing cards in a half hour before Ricky Young, Viking rb and Steve Payne, a North Star, drug his ass out of there.

I might have bumped into Viking LB Jeff Siemon in the shower at Midland Hills golf club about 15 years ago. :wacko:

Dang near knocked Nick Bakay over coming around the corner at Wcoff this year.

Played a couple rounds of golf with Shjon Podein, former NHL player this past summer. Very nice guy. Just one of the guys, hangin' around drinkin' beers and jaggebombs afterwards.

Edited by BillyBalata

I've met Goldie Hawn, Kurt Russel, and JT Walsh (now dead) when I was working at a restaurant in college they all 3 came in together and dined, Goldie Hawn looked like crap without make-up, she drank Franzia boxed wine, ate a filet-mignon, Kurt Russel was too-tanned, JT Walsh was the most gracious of the 3

Also, Carlos Santana on the elevator at La Mansion in San Antonio, I just said Hi, he smiled back and said hello, my hubby stuck his foot in his mouth saying, "What a comeback you've made" He said, "didn't know I had gone anywhere to come back from"

I partied with Giles and Pat Borders when they played for the Indians. We hit the flats and the warehouse district, those two and my brother and I. We had gone to an event where they had to show up and sign autographs, etc. They were really cool, absolutely pounding beers and busting balls the whole night. Giles was the biggest chick magnet I have ever been around, I mean ridiculous attention.

I didn't even think to actually get an autograph. Must have been 1994 or 1995, I guess.

OK, this wasn't me but is maybe my favorite story involving interaction with someone famous:

A friend of mine (Mitch) was in a crowded bar in NYC. He and the guy next to him were both trying to get the attention of the bartender, when Mitch looked over and saw the other guy was Paul McCartney. After about 5 more minutes and no bartender, Mitch turned to Paul and said "Geez, I guess you gotta be famous to get a drink around here!".

Also, Carlos Santana on the elevator at La Mansion in San Antonio, I just said Hi, he smiled back and said hello, my hubby stuck his foot in his mouth saying, "What a comeback you've made" He said, "didn't know I had gone anywhere to come back from"

lol @ both of those.

I met Jay Leno backstage of the Tonight Show, after the show - way after, in fact almost no one around and as he was leaving. Incredibly gracious and accommodating. Also said hi to 2 of his guests backstage right after the show as they walked by: Randy Travis and Chris Farley. Both were pretty much douchebags, couldn't even be bothered to smile or say hi. And least but not to be the least: Mean Jean, the Dancin Machine! Surprise, he was even fatter (but really nice).

Also met the greatest QB ever, no not Trent Dilfer the other greatest, Johnny U, at a card-signing thing. Most unassuming "regular" looking guy, like someone you'd talk to over your fence in the back yard. Total, total class act.

I shared a plane ride with Anson Dorance once, but apparently he's not very famous because every time I tell someone that they say :wacko: You figure it out. Also met lots of celebs at the Jimmie V Golf Classic here in Raleigh (Dickerson, Coach K, Smith, Boeheim, Hamm, Barkley, and lots of hockey players).

Pele. Cool dude, although it was about 25 years ago.

Ken Daneyko. Seemed decent enough.

I think that's it. Do those two even qualify as "famous"? :wacko:

I was gonna say, since you think soccer is ghey...funny you mention the most famous soccer player to ever live. Just come out of the closet already and admit you like it. :D

I was in a bar in Houston October of '07 when I found myself sitting next to some Steelers Linebacker. I posted the story here but I don't remember the guy's name. He was pretty famous according to the Steelers' fans that posted

I've never met anybody famous. I rode in the same plane with Jim Kleinsasser once from Fargo to the Twin Cities. I saw Chris Walsh in a Vikings bar down here in Arizona once. My mom babysat the Broten boys when they were little. (Neal, Aaron, and Paul)

I take that back. I've met Az, Bier, Atomic, Soup, Thews, and Opie. They were all dicks. :wacko::D