[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

my perfect day.......

Bier Meister

skied vail in the morning. very happy that my ankle gave me no problems. met wife and daughter for lunch in town (schnitzel, spaetzle, big hefeweizen). just got back home..... watching pro-bowl and will hot tub and drink more bier shortly :wacko:

What's yours?

sounds absolutely lovely, my 3 yr old's been running a fever since Friday nite, complained about a "frog in his throat" has a red rash over his body, had to go to a weekend clinic today since the office was of course closed, waited for 3 hrs, he has strep throat, but the good news--they gave him a shot of penicillan and he should be better by tomorrow...invariably, he gets sick on the weekend

Dropped my son off at CCD. Picked up my son and went to church with the family. Went shopping with the wife and kiddies, then went through the car wash at the kids request. Then spent some time teaching my son how to ride his bike without training wheels.

Oh and for those of you who like analogies- LordOpie is to Bier Meister as Isleseeya is to Whomper.

skied vail in the morning. very happy that my ankle gave me no problems. met wife and daughter for lunch in town (schnitzel, spaetzle, big hefeweizen). just got back home..... watching pro-bowl and will hot tub and drink more bier shortly :D

What's yours?

Glad you had a nice Day Bier. Gonna meet up w/ RR Juniorette next Sunday for brunch.

:D Boring. Watching a little of the Pro Bowl. :D

My Mom and wife went to Ultra today and when they got home mt Mom was eating "Vitner's Buttered Popcorn" (A good alternative when the wife doesn't want to pop her corn, not to mention it's quick and tasty)!. I said DAYUM....where did you get that. Mom say Ultra Foods. I boogied over there mid afternoon, couldn't find it. Had two helpers w/ me NADA!!!! :wacko: According to Mom, it was in a place that was not the general place.

Goin' back tomorrow!

sounds absolutely lovely, my 3 yr old's been running a fever since Friday nite, complained about a "frog in his throat" has a red rash over his body, had to go to a weekend clinic today since the office was of course closed, waited for 3 hrs, he has strep throat, but the good news--they gave him a shot of penicillan and he should be better by tomorrow...invariably, he gets sick on the weekend

Dam...when those little guys get sick it's hell for both of you. Hope the penicillin works...RR Juniorette was allergic.

Have you experienced "Projectile Vomiting" yet??? Your not a parent (yet) unless you have and most of it is on the walls (Usually freshly painted, and yourself!) :D I been there!

Good luck w/ the 3yo.

Edited by rocknrobn26

irish- sorry about the church thing

Thanks. I don't know if you're a church going fella but Sundays for me are pretty rough. The ladies that run CCD are brutal and make for a terrible experience for my son. The pastor at my church is an ex-alcoholic, druggy, gambler. Even though it does make for some interesting Homilies (some great stories), he's pretty much a wreck and always asking for more money and he's abrasive about it. Note: he wasn't even part of this particular church when we joined but came aboard less than a year later.

but really.... who doesn't?

Man speaks the truth!

Oh. Oops.

Umm, err, he's #3 after Taz and Atomic.

Irish is #4... I do love me some me.

:wacko: Now that'll never get old.

Dam...when those little guys get sick it's hell for both of you. Hope the penicillin works...RR Juniorette was allergic.

Have you experienced "Projectile Vomiting" yet??? Your not a parent (yet) unless you have and most of it is on the walls (Usually freshly painted, and yourself!) :wacko: I been there!

Good luck w/ the 3yo.

thnaks for the encouragement, he did, indeed, have projectile-like vomiting Friday evening, supposedly a signature strep-throat phenonmena for little kids, not adults

thnaks for the encouragement, he did, indeed, have projectile-like vomiting Friday evening, supposedly a signature strep-throat phenonmena for little kids, not adults

You're there! A REAL Parent!

Took a day off one day w/ my daughter when she was sick. She was puking like a fountain. I had 2 buckets. Reason??? As I was dumping one, she was filling another! :D:wacko::D

Ahhhh...Parenthood!

Edited by rocknrobn26

You're there! A REAL Parent!

Took a day off one day w/ my daughter when she was sick. She was puking like a fountain. I had 2 buckets. Reason??? As I was dumping one, she was filling another! :D:wacko::D

Ahhhh...Parenthood!

Can you come over for a visit and some help?

I had a weekend of taking care of my wife and 12 year old. Both had some virus that was pretty damn strong. Fluids from either end and sometimes both at the same time. :wacko: Now my boy, almost 21, is coming down with it. I really hope this thing gets past me without taking me with them. It looked really nasty for my girls.

Oh and I didn't mean to rain on your perfect day, Beir. It sounded like lots of fun. :D

skied vail in the morning. very happy that my ankle gave me no problems. met wife and daughter for lunch in town (schnitzel, spaetzle, big hefeweizen). just got back home..... watching pro-bowl and will hot tub and drink more bier shortly :wacko:

What's yours?

:jealous:

Yesterday my wife and I had one of the best days we have had in the past 5 years. My parents took my daughters for the day. My wife wanted to do some work around the house and I said no. I told her we were going to be lazy and do nothing but indulge. She agreed and we rented a movie , laid on the couch , ate chinese food and bumped uglies. We laughed all day . It reminded me of when we first got married and lived in our apartment. It truly was a special day that I enjoyed tremendously.

Woke up and made pancakes for the family (including niece who stayed over) with apple and strawberry topping. Then I put on Pandora.com and listened to country music while cleaning the basement and watching the Red Wings shut out the Penguins. Went to the YMCA for a little cardio then ruined the exercise by going to a local Mexican joint with the family for dinner. Just finished a couple of excellent beers from Bell's Brewery, a Hopslam and a Two Hearted Ale while chatting with a cousin I haven't talked to in years on Facebook.

Enjoyable day overall.

Yesterday my wife and I had one of the best days we have had in the past 5 years. My parents took my daughters for the day. My wife wanted to do some work around the house and I said no. I told her we were going to be lazy and do nothing but indulge. She agreed and we rented a movie , laid on the couch , ate chinese food and bumped uglies. We laughed all day . It reminded me of when we first got married and lived in our apartment. It truly was a special day that I enjoyed tremendously.

Isleseeya was over? Did things get hairy?

All kidding aside, good for the two of you. With the rush of life recently for my wife and I, we could really use one of those days or a night out. I can't tell you the last time we went out on a "date". I'd love just to do dinner and a movie at this point.

well duh! whomper was there.

As expected. I should have said that I gather things got hairy rather than questioning it.

Can you come over for a visit and some help?

:D Bet on Detroit winning next year's SB as opposed to me coming over to help w/ poopies or pukies! You'll get better odds :D Sorry Scooby!

I changed poopy diapers for my daughter, wiped puke off the walls, floors, etc., and dumped her puke buckets as necessary, and gagged the whole time every time! (Is there a Mom gene that some fathers don't get that makes Moms immune to this foul stuff??? My wife never gagged! ) :wacko: We had a record year this year w/ new births to family and friends. I will NOT EVEN CONSIDER THE SAME FOR THEM!!!! Parent's job.

Sorry Scooby! :D

:D Bet on Detroit winning next year's SB as opposed to me coming over to help w/ poopies or pukies! You'll get better odds :D Sorry Scooby!

I changed poopy diapers for my daughter, wiped puke off the walls, floors, etc., and dumped her puke buckets as necessary, and gagged the whole time every time! (Is there a Mom gene that some fathers don't get that makes Moms immune to this foul stuff??? My wife never gagged! ) :wacko: We had a record year this year w/ new births to family and friends. I will NOT EVEN CONSIDER THE SAME FOR THEM!!!! Parent's job.

Sorry Scooby! :D

:D

you may be on to something as far as stinky diapers and mom's not flinching in the least...all I can say is that we're genetically wired to be the strongest of the 2 genders...even goes for pain tolerance