[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is your drink ?

whomper

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if I tell the barkeep a Tanqueray Stone Tonic, they would know what I meant, based on that... :wacko:

Good question. Its actully a cool name for the drink too. Im a rook. I bet Chester can answer your question though.

You're right, Jack and diet is my beverage of choice if out and about. In Vegas, I stick with Grey Goose and 7up. I rarely drink at home, but if I do it's usually just a couple of cold beers out on my patio enjoying the weather. I'll shoot just about any whiskey or just about any shot concoction anyone can dream up.

Try this on for size next time you have a crazy group of bridesmaids:

1 part - Vanilla vodka

1/3 part - cranberry juice

1/3 part - pineapple juice

1/3 part - grenadine

squeeze of lemon

squeeze of lime

We dubbed this "The Panty Dropper". :wacko: There are actually many shots/drinks out there with this same name, or so I've heard; this is just our version. :D

Waddya got? :D

Very few things I wont drink , Bud light and Tequila are the first on my black list. :D

I love me some Bloody Marys, MRs. T's spicy mix :wacko: ; Heineken and Guinness as regular fare, (actually I prefer Beamish as my Irish stout of choice but it is much harder to find here) and the occasional shot of Crown.

New comer faves this yr. include Van G ohs coffee vodka ; (Man that is super yummy for shots) , and a Miller Chillada now and then .

I wonder if I tell the barkeep a Tanqueray Stone Tonic, they would know what I meant, based on that... :wacko:

Good question. Its actully a cool name for the drink too. Im a rook. I bet Chester can answer your question though.

Whomp, you give me way too much credit, but thanks. My bar is bare bones. We have no martini glasses, no blenders, single serving Gallo wines, top shelf scotch consists of J & B, a bottle of vermouth that has been open for 6 months, etc.

But, yes, I would have gotten the 'stone' reference, though I would clarify before making it.

Oh, and I agree with Det and Bier, when I order it totally depends on the place.

Maybe a good beer (usually English, Belgian, or a top notch micro - I'm picky)

glass of wine

screwdriver when hungover

but 80% of the time it's a vodka (not rot gut) tonic - no lime - I HATE it when the bartender just squeezes the lime right in without asking!!!

Drambuie neat for an after dinner drink.

• 1 year later...
If you are out or home having a drink what do you usually order ?

If I'm out, I keep it simple - usually a draft beer, or a Beefeater & tonic with lime.

If I'm home and I'm not pillaging my beer stash, I will usually crank up a margarita.

I don't order margaritas or Bloody Marys when I'm out as a general rule, as mine are much better than you'll find in a tavern. :wacko:

Shots: Goldschlager...all day long

Cocktails: Bloody Mary's and Screwdrivers

Beer: I'm a domestic guy but any place that serves Takate is my new home away from home.

Is that the Japanese version of Tecate? or are you a gringo who tries to drink Mexican beer and mispells the name? :wacko:

any beer but bud-lite

polish vodka

knob creek small batch bourbon

crown royal

home made sangria

appleton estates dark rum

sake

I bought a 3 gallon container with a spout that I bring to BBQ's and parties we get invited too full of my home made sangria and I have to say that people really love it . Especially in the summer. Its an interesting drink because it seems fruity and harmless but it packs a quiet punch and sneaks up on you. Here is my recipe after much trial and error. Amaretto is the absolute unsung hero of home made sangria IMO

Chop up a bunch of fruit. I use Apples peaches blackberries strawberries rasberries. Put it in a pitcher. Put like 5 packets of sugar over the fruit. Then use Carlo Rossi "paesano" red wine. Fill the pitcher a little over half full with the red wine. Then give a healthy pour of orange juice, triple sec, a small to medium pour of brandy , then top it off with a big pour of amaretto. and let it sit in the fruit for as long as you can before you serve it. The longer it sits the sweeter it gets. Then right before you serve it pour some plain seltzer in it to carbonate it a little. Not that much maybe 1 small bottle of seltzer