[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Panther Dave

Brentastic

I remember he was a perenial poster for at least a year - then he apparently didn't payout in a league he commished and could not be found. I'm bored and was just thinking about this. Did he ever show his face again and/or payout or is he still MIA? He seemed like such a good guy but that was such a bizarre situation, so I'm just curious.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PD took a good month or so to pay me when I won the league he ran (huddler nation I think). He eventually paid me, but then didnt invite me back in the league for whatever reason. So the next year was the year he ran off. Good thing I wasnt in, because then Id have to go find him and get my money. :wacko:

Not sure what happened, but whatever. If he needed help, he could have asked and probably got more than he did from the Huddle group here.

He was a contractor if I remember correctly, and it always sounded like he lived a bit of a lavish lifestyle. My impression was that he went under in the housing bust. He probably didn't have enough to cover his fantasy debts and cut bait on the huddle and the money owed. I'm definately not making excuses for his actions, but I'm sure he had to be at rock bottom and I doubt he's proud of his actions. I agree he should have reached out, explained himself, and made arrrangements for payment down the line.

He was a contractor if I remember correctly, and it always sounded like he lived a bit of a lavish lifestyle. My impression was that he went under in the housing bust. He probably didn't have enough to cover his fantasy debts and cut bait on the huddle and the money owed. I'm definately not making excuses for his actions, but I'm sure he had to be at rock bottom and I doubt he's proud of his actions. I agree he should have reached out, explained himself, and made arrrangements for payment down the line.

+1 :wacko: He didn't owe me anything, so perhaps it is easier to consider his life got quite a bit harder in rapid measure. He certainly wouldn't have been the only one in that boat.

+1 :wacko: He didn't owe me anything, so perhaps it is easier to consider his life got quite a bit harder in rapid measure. He certainly wouldn't have been the only one in that boat.

I am amazed at leagues in which the commissioner (or whoever holds the money) cannot or will not make the payouts at the end of the season. I am still waiting for my money from a local in which I won the SuperBowl. Our commissioner is notoriously slow but come on, April? When I commished our local I paid out the NEXT WEEK to the league winners at the conclusion of the season. I never used league money for anything other than league expenses. I have no pity or excuses for commisioners who misappropriate league funds. I half way expect PD to be nominated for a post in the Obama administration with those kind of financial mores.

It wasn't a fantasy debt. He was holding other people's money. If you want to call it anything, call it embezzlement.

Hmm now THERE's a killer website idea. An impartial place to hold money for a small fee. Like an escrow firm, but with really small amounts. :wacko:

Could run afoul of the law, though. :D

There already is one just like that designed for fantasy leagues.... forget the name of it, but j2v (I think it was j2v) posted about it and vouched for the owners of the site.

ETA: I believe it was called leaguesafe or something like that

Edited by Big Country

There already is one just like that designed for fantasy leagues.... forget the name of it, but j2v (I think it was j2v) posted about it and vouched for the owners of the site.

correct

That is the one and it's a good idea to check it out.

Dangit! I've re-invented the wheel about a million times in my life. :wacko:

Edited by cre8tiff