[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How often do you get paid (exclusive of bonuses)?

muck

How often do you get paid (exclusive of bonuses)?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you get to take money home during the year (other than bonuses)?

• Daily
    • Weekly
    • Every other week
    • Twice a month
    • Once a month
    • Varies, generally is more than once a month
    • Varies, generally less than once a month but more than once a quarter
    • Once a quarter
    • Varies, generally less than quarterly
    • Other

I used to get paid every other week. Then about two years ago they switched to paying us twice a month. They did this at exactly the same time that they upped our medical insurance contributions. I think they were trying to trick people into thinking they were still taking home about the same overall pay as they were before (since the paycheck amounts were about the same). Alas, I think it worked. Dumbass PhDs.

We pay the entire company weekly, primarily because the laborers expect to be paid weekly and most probably aren't he best money managers. I'd rather do it monthly, but I'm afraid I'd lose most of my workforce if I did that.

I used to get paid every other week. Then about two years ago they switched to paying us twice a month. They did this at exactly the same time that they upped our medical insurance contributions. I think they were trying to trick people into thinking they were still taking home about the same overall pay as they were before (since the paycheck amounts were about the same). Alas, I think it worked. Dumbass PhDs.

Wait, so, you earn 2 fewer paychecks per year but the amount of the paychecks are the same? Your medical contribution went up 1/13 of your salary in one year?

Wait, so, you earn 2 fewer paychecks per year but the amount of the paychecks are the same? Your medical contribution went up 1/13 of your salary in one year?

I'd have to go back and check exactly how much things changed--conflating everything was that they put the changes in at the same time that our annual raises kicked in. But yes, overall, our medical insurance contributions went up substantially.

Where's the "as soon as my clients pay me" option?

you = me

Do you not just draw a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly salary, and then take a distribution periodically through out the year?

We pay the entire company weekly, primarily because the laborers expect to be paid weekly and most probably aren't he best money managers. I'd rather do it monthly, but I'm afraid I'd lose most of my workforce if I did that.

Exactly the same here. Office = biweekly, craft labor = weekly and executives = monthly.

We are paid every other Friday. It used to be semi-monthly which is superior from a budgeting perspective.

Biweekly suits anyone making 26 mortgage payments instead of the standard 12 in an attempt to pay it down quicker. My mortgage comes out the same day the salary check goes in.

Do you not just draw a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly salary, and then take a distribution periodically through out the year?

As of right now, no. Since it's a startup I draw what's necessary to cover my bills then put the rest into the company.

Biweekly suits anyone making 26 mortgage payments instead of the standard 12 in an attempt to pay it down quicker. My mortgage comes out the same day the salary check goes in.

Who in their right mind would ever want to pay down their mortgage early? Instead of putting that extra money into your house, you should invest it in the stock market. (Hell, even better, take out a negative amortization mortgage and put all of the monthly savings into the stock market. Then just sell your home after it appreciates in value and walk away with the extra equity you will get.)

It's just so easy.

:wacko:

Who in their right mind would ever want to pay down their mortgage early? Instead of putting that extra money into your house, you should invest it in the stock market. (Hell, even better, take out a negative amortization mortgage and put all of the monthly savings into the stock market. Then just sell your home after it appreciates in value and walk away with the extra equity you will get.)

It's just so easy.

I remember going round and round with Proninja about that a while back. Haven't seen him around in a while, though.

It's just so easy.

:D

Just like the brilliant idea of investing a portion of SS payments into the stock market. We'd be rich!

It's just so easy.

Just like the brilliant idea of investing a portion of SS payments into the stock market. We'd be rich!

Over the long haul you probably would still be better off, particularly better of than you would be with SS. An argument can be made for the house note, but I can't see any way I wouldn't be better investing than paying SS.

Edited by Perchoutofwater