[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Prayers/Good Vibes requested

max

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How old is your Dad? I'll be praying for him.

A friend of mine has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. I heard about it last weekend. He's, gulp, 50.

:wacko: 58/59

BJ strikes again and is spot on. My Dad is 59. Still a young guy. Mike, my thoughts and prayers are with your friend.

Thank you all for your kind words, thoughts, and prayers. It is very appreciated. Huddlers are amazing people. I will keep you all posted as I find out more information. I probably won't find out any new information until tuesday or wednesday of next week. Hopefully I will have good news to update you all on. Thanks again!!!

I just got an update today on my Dad earlier today.

He is still in the hospital but the doctor told him that all signs are unfortunately pointing towards prostate cancer. They aren't sure of the severity of it yet and are testing to determine if it spread to his hips or not. No real new information other than that. I am hoping that if it is, he can beat this thing. The good thing is that dad is in good spirits and confident that he will beat it.

Please continue to keep my dad in your thoughts and prayers.

Also, please keep mikes vikes friend in your thoughts and prayers as well.

Thanks again for all your well wishes, prayers, good vibes/thoughts. It is appreciated!

Just now saw this Max. Your dad has prayers on the way from Florida. He sounds like a hell of a fighter so sounds like he's ready to beat this thing. Hang in there, and hang in there also Mike. Prayers for your buddy coming also.

Thanks for your continued support everyone! You all are the reason the Huddle is so great!

MAX, prayers for you--his attitude & determination more than 1/2 the battle. god bless you

Just now saw this Max. Your dad has prayers on the way from Florida. He sounds like a hell of a fighter so sounds like he's ready to beat this thing. Hang in there, and hang in there also Mike. Prayers for your buddy coming also.

Scooby and Jax, he is determined and is a fighter. To give you a little history about him, when he was 5 years old he was told he had 6 months to live due to kidney issues. About 54 years later, he is still proving them wrong. He beat the odds once before and he will continue to do so.

Thanks for your continued support everyone! You all are the reason the Huddle is so great!

Scooby and Jax, he is determined and is a fighter. To give you a little history about him, when he was 5 years old he was told he had 6 months to live due to kidney issues. About 54 years later, he is still proving them wrong. He beat the odds once before and he will continue to do so.

love it!!! & yes he will

Today the doctors gave my dad some more test results. Apparently they discovered that the prostate cancer spread into his hips and also a little into his spine. The good news is that the doctor said that it can still be treated successfully but they haven't determined the treatment plan yet. Also, dad continues to be in good spirits and said he will beat this thing. Thanks again for your support and well wishes.

I just got an update today on my Dad earlier today.

He is still in the hospital but the doctor told him that all signs are unfortunately pointing towards prostate cancer. They aren't sure of the severity of it yet and are testing to determine if it spread to his hips or not. No real new information other than that. I am hoping that if it is, he can beat this thing. The good thing is that dad is in good spirits and confident that he will beat it.

Please continue to keep my dad in your thoughts and prayers.

Also, please keep mikes vikes friend in your thoughts and prayers as well.

Thanks again for all your well wishes, prayers, good vibes/thoughts. It is appreciated!

Thanks for including my friend. I think that they must have caught his in the very early stages. His older brother was diagnosed so he decided to get checked out himself on his own. The doctors don't even want to see him back for a month or so. I find this to be a little odd myself as one would think that the more aggressively they act the better it is. But his wife works in the medical world and the Mayo doctors know what they're doing as well. I take that as a positive for now.

Good luck with your Dad. The C word isn't what it once was before. Nothing to take lightly but people are winning the battle now more than ever before. :wacko:

Edited by MikesVikes

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone.

I got another update on my dad. They developed a treatment plan for my dad and it looks pretty promising. :fingerscrossed: The Doc said that they will most likely be able to effectively treat the cancer. The Doc said they won't be able to get rid of the cancer but can contain it and help reduce it some. He wont get any worse and will start to feel better over time. He told the Doc that one of the things he wants in life is to see his grandchildren get married (currently 3 yrs old, 2 yrs old, and 9 mths old) and the Doc looked at him straight in the eye and said he will get to see that happen. The Doc basically told him that he will eventually die with cancer but will not die because of cancer. It was a great thing to hear. I told my Dad about this thread and he was very touched and thankful for all of your support. Thanks again for all of your well wishes. You all are truly GREAT people and you all are appreciated very much.

Just saw this Max. I'm very happy to read the great news and know that all will go as planned. Prayers and positive vibes going out to you.

• 5 months later...

Hey everyone. I just wanted to give all of you an update on my dad. In October, his doctor here gave him some shocking news and told him he had 6 to 18 months to live. I immediately told him to make an appt at the Cleveland Clinic. He was admitted there for several days in November and the Dr said he thinks he could help him. He changed his pain meds and treatment. Now he is having less really painful days. The days where he cannot walk are a lot fewer than before. The Dr in Cleveland is basically running the show from there and is working with Dr's locally so he doesnt have to travel back and forth as often. During his appt in early December, the Dr mentioned that if his latest treatment is successful, there would be a chance of remission.That is a big big change from the local dr telling him 6 to 18 months to live. His next appt is Cleveland is next weds and I am very hopeful the news will continue to get better. In the meantime, we are throwing him a surprise 60th bday party this weekend. Should be fun.

I just wanted to thank you all for your thoughts and continued support. You all are the greatest!