[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it wrong to want your wife to lose weight?

Cunning Runt

+1 I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'd rather have 20 lbs over than 5 under. Wimmens are supposed to be soft, curvaceous and smell nice. Bones and angles are NOT what we're looking for guys. :wacko:

[mr.cliche] the bigger the cushion, the better the pushin [/mr.cliche]

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya - 2 together. An 8yr old and a 5yr old - both boys. A 16yr old from a first marriage.

So she's given you 2 kids, and just 20 lbs over in her mid-40's? And you're this obsessed about it? Get help dude - seriously. This is your problem, not hers.

If you get the liposuction, be sure to ask the Doctor to keep the fat from the back. Now, what you do is get some fresh green beans, put the fatback in there, some salt and pepper and let it simmer for awhile. Add some olive oil afterwards. Also, try it with pinto beans. That's some good eating.

I once had a baby and I didn't like that baby fat, so I paid a Mexican doctor $35.00 to remove it. Ain't nothing better than babybackfat.

So she's given you 2 kids, and just 20 lbs over in her mid-40's? And you're this obsessed about it? Get help dude - seriously. This is your problem, not hers.

we joke about it, but i'd actually like to see some pics here to know what we are dealing with ...

yeah, you're so "blunt" and honest you come to an internet message board to ask how to tell your wife you think she's getting too fat :wacko:

some truth here: when you try and say "blunt", "visual", "impatient"....the words you are really looking for are shallow and narcissistic - and yes, to a fault.

For clarity, the post was - is it wrong for me to want her to lose weight - not - how do I tell her?

Why do you feele compelled to judge me? Because you have a different outlook than I do. Your outlook ain't right and neither is mine. We're all different. We all care about different. I want to be able to look at my wife and think she's hot (regardless of whether others do or not). That's about it. If you're satisfied with how your wife looks, that's great for you. I personally think mine needs to shed a few.

Me mentioning my impatience has nothing to do with anything in this thread anyway. I threw that in as an aside.

If you get the liposuction, be sure to ask the Doctor to keep the fat from the back. Now, what you do is get some fresh green beans, put the fatback in there, some salt and pepper and let it simmer for awhile. Add some olive oil afterwards. Also, try it with pinto beans. That's some good eating.

I once had a baby and I didn't like that baby fat, so I paid a Mexican doctor $35.00 to remove it. Ain't nothing better than babybackfat.

:wacko:

Hardly obsessed - seriously.

I don't need any help - seriously.

And no, the problem ain't mine. So you like 'em bigger? Good for you. That's ok. I happen not to. Personal preference. That too hard for you to grasp?

For clarity, the post was - is it wrong for me to want her to lose weight - not - how do I tell her?

Why do you feele compelled to judge me? Because you have a different outlook than I do. Your outlook ain't right and neither is mine. We're all different. We all care about different. I want to be able to look at my wife and think she's hot (regardless of whether others do or not). That's about it. If you're satisfied with how your wife looks, that's great for you. I personally think mine needs to shed a few.

Me mentioning my impatience has nothing to do with anything in this thread anyway. I threw that in as an aside.

I think some people could hang in with you or at least see your point when it was just about weight. When you answered Jax question about age , which none of us could stop, it just came off shallow . God forbid your wife had some kind of accident that altered her appearance. Would you be able to handle that ? Like I said in my earlier post. I am not judging you. You are entitled to your outlook and opinions but your true feelings for a person should be based on more than that IMO. Is she a good Mom to your kids, Is she a good wife aside from the weight thing, are you compatable ?

You dont trade in a good woman .

I asked my wife and she said as long as you're borderline telling her she's overweight you should at least offer her incentives for each milestone she makes while working out again. She suggested new coach purse for working out 3 days a week the first month. New watch for working out continually and losing 5 lbs by the end of the second month. Spa day for reaching 3 month goals. Beach vacation for 2 without the kids if she makes her 6 month goal.

Just a thought since you're basically telling her she's not hot enough for you. :wacko:

:D aw hell no - bribes?

I would plan a beach vaca and if she can't meet the weight requirements, find a younger model that will

god bless u married dudes I don't know how you do it

CR- encourage in a positive way, it is a slippery slop tho some gals just don't like to workout - but I am with ya physical attraction is hugh

if that fails get her a scrip for Adderall- dat chit will make her drop some weight pronto

Maybe he feels compelled to judge you because you asked us to.

In the last two to three years my wife has put on an additional 20lbs due to some medication she was taking (has since quit). I honestly don't care about her weight from an appearance stand point. Most people that look at her wouldn't even notice she is carrying any extra weight unless they saw her in a swimsuit or nude. My problem with her weight isn't even the health issues as 20 lbs on her frame really isn't enough to be a concern medically. My only complaint is what it has done to her sex drive, as she feels more self conscience about her body and being nude. I know it isn't me, as she really has never had a problem with me being bigger and I've lost 40 lbs in the last 6 months or so. My wife is horrible when it comes to dieting, she just won't do it. There are some things she just won't do with out, and there are lot of things she just refuses to eat. So for her dieting is pretty much out. Well, in an attempt to get myself healthier I've started walking the dog for 45 minutes a day every day. If she is at home when I do it, I'll ask her to join me. She's probably lost 5 lbs in the last month or so as a result.

BTW, I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting your wife to lose some weight and even encouraging her to do it. I think there is something majorly wrong with even considering leaving the mother of your children because her appearance isn't exactly what "turns you on" anymore.

Can we get this moved over to the Food & Beverage Forum?

When did cliaz hack into Tim's account? :wacko:

:D no schit.

"am I wrong?"

"yes"

"why are you judging me?!?" :wacko:

Except it's basically a yes or no question, yet you felt compelled to add editorial comment.

It's cool though.

I'm well aware how it comes across, and ya, I guess I am shallow if wanting your wife to be attractive to you (keeping in mind that means different things to different people) makes one shallow.

BTW, I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting your wife to lose some weight and even encouraging her to do it. I think there is something majorly wrong with even considering leaving the mother of your children because her appearance isn't exactly what "turns you on" anymore.

Bingo.