[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Philosophy

Thews40

What do you do?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Close the door and go again.
    • Walk out the door and choose not to go again.
    • Still thinking
    • Puddy
    • Post yet another ninja cause they're still funny

The implication of the stated "second chance at life" which was how everyone thus far has read it...

so let me see....

Why on one hand are you saying its implied that you'll come back human (the same as the life you just lived)......but on the other hand, you're saying there's a good chance that you'll likely come back as a Chinese woman?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so let me see....

Why on one hand are you saying its implied that you'll come back human (the same as the life you just lived)......but on the other hand, you're saying there's a good chance that you'll likely come back as a Chinese woman?

Maybe Pope is a Chinese woman?

My assumption was that if I took another chance at life that I would almost certainly end up in a MUCH worse situation than I have in my current life. Still, if the higher being recommends that I do it again, I am going to do it again.

Has anyone considered there's:

a 95% chance you wouldn't be an American.

There's a near 40% chance you'd be Indian or Chinese. Overall probably close to 20% chance you'd be a female Indian or Chinese.

You would totally be aborted if you tried to come back like that Pope. :wacko:

I assumed from the beginning that it was a distinct possibility that you might return as something other than a human being. In fact, much of my appeal for the choice to return derived from this possibility.

I assumed from the beginning that it was a distinct possibility that you might return as something other than a human being. In fact, much of my appeal for the choice to return derived from this possibility.

Aren't you the Buddhist monk? You know you're like the 14th incarnation of Karl Marx anyway - you don't have a choice, right?

so let me see....

I'm not following you. Is time travel involved? There's nothing implying a "do-over" here. It appeared more to me like you're back in the queue to be "born again" (as opposed to ton style Born Again©). You die in this scenario in 2009, from the scenario given it seems Life 2.0 starts with a birth in 2010. Not a rewind to live it all through again.

And Billay being Buddhist is of course going to entertain that possibility.

My assumption was that if I took another chance at life that I would almost certainly end up in a MUCH worse situation than I have in my current life. Still, if the higher being recommends that I do it again, I am going to do it again.

That higher being is messing with you. I think he makes a commission on recycling.

OK, I give up...whats the answer?

Breaking it down, the only thing that’s a given in this scenario is that you would be subservient. If the atheist’s view is correct, we never wake up. In that scenario we are not subservient, but rather the highest form of intellect. In any faith-based religion, there is no confirmation regarding what one believed in life was “correct,” as the decision only states which door is going to be passed through. The only given then, is we would know conclusively that we existed (soul) and someone(thing) was/is the boss of us.

What if the decision was a catch 22? If you chose the green door, then you would have to also know that the boss of you thought it was in your best interest to go again, but you chose to make that call differently. That would take some major stones, but it was presented to you in the form of an option, so maybe this proves you’ve learned enough? Too many variables to decide what happens next based on the choice.

If that guy needs me for some sort of cosmic mulligan, I'll take his advice with a grain of salt.

If all this turns out to be some sort of experiment, I have no to desire to test an alternate hypothesis.

I dunno. I wouldn't mind coming back as a lipstick lesbian. :wacko: