[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Powerball Lottery Tickets

nuke'em ttg

3 & 8 tacos over somethun like 16 years or whenever it started :wacko:
The most I've ever won from a single ticket was $7. The most I've ever won from a single drawing was around $50. Even then, that was when it was a group purchase of ~20 people each chipping in $5 so the per person winning was trivial.

I only play occasionally though, usually when the prize is over $200m. It's not worth my money below that. Apparently it's also not worth my money above that either...

I've been playing the same Mega Millions numbers for about 8 years and won $150 on a ticket the first year. Since then I've won $2 or $7 a handful of times. I just play for fun and don't kid myself into thinking I have a good chance of winning the jackpot. It's a good fantasy that keeps my spirits up living in the redneck ghetto.

I've been playing the same Powerball numbers for about 10 years and won $7 a handful of times. I just play for fun and don't kid myself into thinking I have a good chance of winning the jackpot. It's a good fantasy that keeps my spirits up living in the redneck ghetto. It's only $250-$300 a year.

+1

About a month ago, I won $15 bucks, but it cost me $10. A quick pick $5 and the powerplay on powerball. Best I have every done, except for my dreams.

E2A: We had a $116 Million winner in my town, I only buy them when I am out of town now. Lightning never strikes in the same place twice, right?

Edited by Rebellab

E2A: We had a $116 Million winner in my town, I only buy them when I am out of town now. Lightning never strikes in the same place twice, right?

About 15 years ago, there were a slew of winners who bought their lottery tickets on Main Street in Fond du Lac, WI.

About 15 years ago my nephew was born on 3/24. When he turned one my dad played 3241 in the nj pick 4 and hit for 4500 bucks. He and my mom went to Boston that weekend to visit his army buddy and he played it again in the boston lottery pick 4 and hit again for another 4500 bucks.

Mississippi doesn't have the lottery, but usually when I travel I will pick up a ticket or two just for the heck of it. My wife's best friend from high school married a guy who's dad won the big pot and I work with a guy who got all the numbers but the power ball in Louisiana. I don't remember how much that was, but I know it was a very large chunk of change.

ETA: Looked it up, all numbers without the Power Ball = $200,000

For those that say they don't play because the odds are ridiculous... Maybe they are, but somebody has to win and if you just happen to be that extremely lucky one then you & all of your loved one's could be set for life. To me, even that remote chance is worth a few bucks.

Edited by rajncajn

My buddy and fellow Huddler's (SayItAin'tSoJoe) father hit the Michigan Keno grand prize about 20 years ago for a cool $250K.

Edit: I've probably bought a ticket 5 times in my life.

Edited by Puddy

I've been playing the same Mega Millions numbers for about 8 years and won $150 on a ticket the first year. Since then I've won $2 or $7 a handful of times. I just play for fun and don't kid myself into thinking I have a good chance of winning the jackpot. It's a good fantasy that keeps my spirits up living in the redneck ghetto.

my grandmother played the same 6 numbers for her state lottery for like 5 years ...even when she went on vacation she made sure someone played her numbers for her....about 2 or 3 weeks after she stopped playing those numbers all 6 hit :wacko: