[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Re-visiting really old PC games....

BeeR

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duke Nuke'm = the only game where you gain health by using the restroom. "Ahhh, much better."

Come get some...

That is the game that got me hooked in FPS, but the #1 game of all tiem for me is Counter Strike. I don't know how many hrs I logged in for playing that game but it has to be ALOT.

Pool of Radiance - loved that game and still have the Forgotten Realms collection that came out not too long ago.

Still have all those AD&D games. Plus all the Ultima up through 7.

Bards Tale was one of my all time favorites. Every once in awhile I think about pulling all those out and playing again. But most of them are down in CA with my boy. Maybe I will have him send some of them up. :wacko:

The whole C & C series.

Agree - great for their time. Skirmish mode kinda sucked though; they always ended up building too many units and getting "stuck" (couldn't move). :wacko:

The orig Age of Empires was great too, played that off and on for a long time. Like DOOM, my fav way to play was to hook up a PC w/someone else and we teamed up to beat the PC. Problem was trying to find the right mix of baddies so it was challenging but not impossible (and AoE used to cheat like hell).

I was mucking around w/DOOM the other night and got through about 4 or 5 levels. It's almost scary how much I remember ie the rooms etc.

But ask me what I had for lunch 2 days ago and....

My kids and I still play the hell out of Age of Mythology. In 1st grade my boy would write down all of the greek gods that he remembered from playing the game. His teacher asked us what it was he was making a list of. My wife replies "oh, that's just all of the greek gods", teacher "ummm, oookkay". She probably couldn't name 2.

Pretty funny I thought.

Not so early, but I really got into Myst there for awhile. Cool graphics and sounds.

I also bought this ridiculously huge NFL game program for the pc....must have had something like 20 floppies. I never really got the thing going because by the time I finished loading all the discs I was exhausted with the whole process. Why did I buy it? The pictures on the box were SOOO cool! :wacko:

FPS kicked ass, I would still rather play that than Madden. (again for me it's not really about graphics - way more user-friendly, for one) God I hate EA.

From what I remember, MS's NFL game was good too, except it had one glaring fault, I think it was that it had no support to play others via modem or online/etc.

Edited by BeeR

In before Duchess starts talking about old Sierra games.

I'll see your Sierra Games and raise you the old Gold Box D&D Games. (Pool of Radiance, Champions of Krynn, Secret of the Savage Frontier, etc).

On the Sierra end - some of the greatest games in the world w/ with Quest for Glory being the best of them - the Lucas Arts games (Monkey Island, Indy, Maniac Mansion, etc) we fun as well.

I loved Civ. I was also a big fan of an old EA game called Starflight. They had 2 version and a third by a different name. Starflight ranks right up there with the Sierra and Gold Box games.

edited to add - most of these were lovingly played on my Tandy HX, SX and TX

Edited by Duchess Jack

You can download Duke Nukem 3D on the 360 these days - set up a lazer trip wire, drop a few pipe bombs and blow up your friends. Or - if that's too forward for you - you can set up a HolloDuke and shrink and stomp on a buddy while he's wondering why his rockets keep on going through you.

You can download Duke Nukem 3D on the 360 these days - set up a lazer trip wire, drop a few pipe bombs and blow up your friends. Or - if that's too forward for you - you can set up a HolloDuke and shrink and stomp on a buddy while he's wondering why his rockets keep on going through you.

LOL, I completely forgot about the shrnik and stomp. :wacko:

Front Page Sports Football Pro was an AESOME football sim for the PC. It was Madden before Madden. Easy to play plus a pretty cool dynasty mode. :wacko:

I almost forgot about that game!! Awesome! And way ahead of its time. Wolfenstein was cool. Leisuresuit Larry!! Any King's Quest fans?? My favorite was probably Wing Commander.

Still have all those AD&D games. Plus all the Ultima up through 7.

Bards Tale was one of my all time favorites.

I would have never pegged you for a BT fan. I can remember countless nights at my friend Richy's house each taking turns playing while the other was using grid paper to map out the game. One of the best all time RPG games IMO

I'll see your Sierra Games and raise you the old Gold Box D&D Games. (Pool of Radiance, Champions of Krynn, Secret of the Savage Frontier, etc).

Champions, Death Knights, and The Dark Queen of Krynn is a trilogy with no equal in the RPG gaming genre....again, IMHO