[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would you let your daughter go?

NAUgrad

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pending additional details, i don't think i'd have a prob with her going to a party.

factors that might alter my opinion:

- parental supervision

- time it ends (if not an overnight)

- if an overnight...no boys stay over!!!

- crowd attending

What is the point in trickling the information out like this? A good parent isn't going to agree to let a kid go to a party unless they have all the facts. So until they are all provided, my answer would still be "it depends".

+1

What is the point in trickling the information out like this? A good parent isn't going to agree to let a kid go to a party unless they have all the facts. So until they are all provided, my answer would still be "it depends".

Just to have some fun.

Okay here's a little more VITAL info.

There will be 2 girls and 2 boys at the party. That's it. Not sure what the parents have planned yet.

The boys will come over for a couple hours then go home, but my daughter is to spend the night. I haven't talked with the parents yet, but I'm going to today. I already have formed an opinion now what do you think?

Edited by NAUgrad

Just to have some fun.

Okay here's a little more VITAL info.

There will be 2 girls and 2 boys at the party. That's it. Not sure what the parents have planned yet.

The boys will come over for a couple hours then go home, but my daughter is to spend the night. I haven't talked with the parents yet, but I'm going to today. I already have formed an opinion now what do you think?

Just 4 kids? Sounds wierd. It's not a party with 4 people.

I would NOT let them spend the night.

I haven't talked with the parents yet, but I'm going to today.

How can you possibly even consider a yes without this. There are things that might require a 'no' without talking to the parents - but a 'yes' should never come before talking to the parents.

As for as those automatic 'no' items - the two boys two girls thing could be one of them - but this all boils down to who your daughter is and what she is capable of. Do you trust her to do the right things when being supervised by parents that you have talked to and have expressed your concerns to?

Okay, more information, but just a little at a time.

It will be with a group of kids from church and will be at another girls house. They are all in middle school.

Does this change your mind any?

As a parent, with the information given, absolutely not. But that's not to say I wouldn't let my daughter go. My 9 year old just went to a Halloween party at a friends house recently & I had no problem with it whatsoever because we knew the parents, knew they would be supervised & knew they would not be leaving to go anywhere else. You can't really expect anyone to answer this question without giving all the details.