[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Halloween Plans

darin3

I imagine the majority of y'all will be doing stuff with your kids. No little ones for the d3's quite yet, so we're gonna make the most of the holiday falling on a Saturday (especially since by this time next year, we might just be parents :wacko: ...).

The wife is dressing up (as an Indian... or uh, Native American? Is this PC? :D ...) for work tomorrow and has a small work-friend party tomorrow night. I, unfortunately, have to work - slingin' chicken wings - but will be able to head out for some beers with work buddies after my shift.

Saturday night will be spent giving out candy until probably around 6:30, then finding a good spot downtown to watch the UT-OSU game. I am, naturally, dressing up as a cowboy. Problem is, as a UT fan, this is like the worst costume to wear ... with OSU being the Cowboys and all. I might go as a "dead" Cowboy or something. :D .... rest of the night will be spent bar-hoppin', hanging out with the sexy nurses, sexy maids, sexy butterflies, sexy pixies and Michael Jacksons. :D

Anyone got any big plans?

:D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sat at work i'll be doing inventory (bleh). sat night a neighbor is having a party... so we'll do some trick-or-treating with dani, then settle in at the party. sunday....... just planting myself in front of the tv for the games :wacko:

Already did ONE thing - movie/food/drink fest with good friends, costumes encouraged but not mandatory.

Pumpkin carving party tomorrow night, that's it for the "actual" Halloween weekend.

Purported throw-down shindig the weekend of the 7th as well. Old HS friends. We'll see.

All I know is my wife and I kick ass in our Wonder Twins costumes.

Saturday night will be spent giving out candy until probably around 6:30

6:30? Kids in our neck of the woods don't start trick-or-treating until after 6:30! Gotta be dark, no?

Sounds like a fun night....takes me back to the times we used to let losse on Halloween BC (before children). My college town throws a righteous parade every year....we use to shroom it up, and go out on the town and make complete idiots of ourselves.

Good stuff :wacko:

Chili cook off, church party, trunk ' treat, go begging for candy with the kids and gettin' a special brand of freaky with the Mrs. :wacko:

Love Halloween. :D

I'll be doing the exact same thing, except I'll probably be hoping to get freaky with the Mrs., only to be told it is late, she is tired, and has to get up early to prepare the Sunday School lesson in the morning.

I heard this phrase before, but have no idea what a "trunk-n-treat" is...wasn't in wikipedia, either.

Basically church groups normally do it, it is where you go to a parking lot or farm or something, park a bunch of cars decorate the trunks/hatchbacks and let the kids go around to each trunk to get candy and crap. Basically it allows your kids to trick-or-treat a bunch of people you know so you and you can keep an eye on them and don't have to drive them all over BFE or worry about them getting arrested roaming the neighborhood with a bunch of their friends alone (if you live in an area this is still safe to do).

Beggar's night was last night around here. Had a record turnout I think.....yet none of the kids actually live on this street. :D

Couple real cuties.....my pumpkin seemed to be a hit. :D Lots of :D costumes last night.

Tonight.....BlueJackets/Penguins match @ 7pm.....then down to German Villiage for a late dinner. :yeah:

You all must know by now...I'm a Penguin fanatic. Unfortunately the only jersey I have is one that was a gift in the Blue Jackets' inaugural season. You know that's gonna kill me...to wear a Blue Jacket's jersey to a PENGUIN game. :wacko:

Nothing but football planned for Saturday. :D

Happy Halloween.

I'll be doing the exact same thing, except I'll probably be hoping to get freaky with the Mrs., only to be told it is late, she is tired, and has to get up early to prepare the Sunday School lesson in the morning.

There's ways around that, Perch :wacko:

I heard this phrase before, but have no idea what a "trunk-n-treat" is...wasn't in wikipedia, either.

I thought this was in the pron when they go from...

Tonight.....BlueJackets/Penguins match @ 7pm.....then down to German Villiage for a late dinner. :yeah:

You all must know by now...I'm a Penguin fanatic. Unfortunately the only jersey I have is one that was a gift in the Blue Jackets' inaugural season. You know that's gonna kill me...to wear a Blue Jacket's jersey to a PENGUIN game. :D

Have fun! Go Pens! :wacko:

What will you be wearing under the jersey? :D

Normally we'd give out candy but we're going to see Pearl Jam. Really glad we won't be home, what with the trash that moved in next door and their 3 welfare rugrats. Also last year it got depressing at times, the 11-year-old girls in sexy nurse outfits and packs of cigarette smoking teens with no costumes. Ah, Halloween in the ghetto. :wacko:

Normally we'd give out candy but we're going to see Pearl Jam. Really glad we won't be home, what with the trash that moved in next door and their 3 welfare rugrats. Also last year it got depressing at times, the 11-year-old girls in sexy nurse outfits and packs of cigarette smoking teens with no costumes. Ah, Halloween in the ghetto. :D

:D

Ok...last night one boy had an orange "correctional facility" jumpsuit on. :wacko:

All I kept thinking was.....don't get TOO comfortable in that thing, son. :D