[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where did the term "cougar" come from?

muck

I was listening to NFL sirius radio tonight and heard an ad for "cougar life DOT com" ... some sort of website matching older women with younger men. I'm sorry if I sound a bit prudish, but the whole idea of having to warn my boys to avoid floozies their own age ... AND ... avoide floozies 15yrs their senior seems a bit overwhelming. Besides, to hear a 40-something woman refer to herself as a cougar seems a little bizarre to me.

What's the story behind the whole "cougar" thing? What do you guys think about middle-aged single women who think about themselves in terms of sexual conquests over younger men and affiliate themselves with others who think about younger men in a similar fashion?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few definitions/origins courtesty Urban Dictionary

I would assume because they're on the prowl and just "eat you up" and move on to the next. :wacko:

And perhaps this may shed some light...

Hmm, I was told a few years back that it was, in part, due to the prevalence of animal prints in said womens' wardrobes, in addition to being "on the hunt."

Regardless, I think it's a wholly unappealing thing to hear a woman refer to herself as a cougar.

It's really no different than hearing a woman say 'I am a slut,' is it?

they don't - a true Cougar never refers to herself as one - they just do their thing - in this case the muck boys, poor little guys

they don't - a true Cougar never refers to herself as one - they just do their thing - in this case the muck boys, poor little guys

While "true cougars" may not refer to themselves as one, I have heard more than a few women refer to themselves (or their friends) as cougars.

:blech:

Regardless, I think it's a wholly unappealing thing to hear a woman refer to herself as a cougar.

It's really no different than hearing a woman say 'I am a slut,' is it?

Probably more along the lines of a guy bragging about his sexual prowess.

Is that to be scorned and vomited about?

Probably more along the lines of a guy bragging about his sexual prowess.

Is that to be scorned and vomited about?

No man is a whore; he invented the name

No man is a slut; he feels no shame

No man is a slag; he's one of the lads

No man is a cow; and she knows now

The Newtown Neurotics

Edited by Ursa Majoris

I was listening to NFL sirius radio tonight and heard an ad for "cougar life DOT com" ... some sort of website matching older women with younger men. I'm sorry if I sound a bit prudish, but the whole idea of having to warn my boys to avoid floozies their own age ... AND ... avoide floozies 15yrs their senior seems a bit overwhelming. Besides, to hear a 40-something woman refer to herself as a cougar seems a little bizarre to me.

What's the story behind the whole "cougar" thing? What do you guys think about middle-aged single women who think about themselves in terms of sexual conquests over younger men and affiliate themselves with others who think about younger men in a similar fashion?

avoid? never!!!!

I'm sorry if I sound a bit very prudish, but the whole idea of having to warn my boys to avoid floozies their own age ... AND ... avoide floozies 15yrs their senior seems a bit overwhelming.

Yea, guys have it rough. Especially when women get aggressive and go after them. I don't know how they'll make it.

good luck "warning" your boys about floozies :D

gawd bless those cougars - chit we all love the younger chicks, let them old broads have some fun too

:D +1

While "true cougars" may not refer to themselves as one, I have heard more than a few women refer to themselves (or their friends) as cougars.

Seriously though. When some of the women get older, I think they just know what they like/want so they don't mess around (or play stupid games like some of the younger females). That may seem like it's more of a "hunt" but I say do whatever works. And some dudes like cougars. I have a few friends that ended up marrying older chicks. Granted we gave them poopy for being trapped by a cougar. But who really cares if they like the chick and she isn't crazy (well at least less than average). :wacko:

Ask the broad from church.

:blech:

meh. It's kind of the embracing of the term fag by the gay community, or N word by the black community. Terms that were coined to be derogatory to a certain group that the group then used to empower themselves (boy do I hate the term 'empower', just cant come up with anything else right now)>

Really, though a 45 year old woman trying to skank on a 24year old guy seems frankly a lot less creepy to me than when the genders are reversed. JMO>>>>

Not that I am a big fan of either one though.

BTW my brother and I were trying to define 'inapropriate' in a relationship age wise. This is what we came up with:

Let X=age of skanker

Let Y=age of skanky

Y<1/2X+3.5yrs = Skanky Situation

Any thoughts on our variable?

meh. It's kind of the embracing of the term fag by the gay community, or N word by the black community. Terms that were coined to be derogatory to a certain group that the group then used to empower themselves (boy do I hate the term 'empower', just cant come up with anything else right now)>

Really, though a 45 year old woman trying to skank on a 24year old guy seems frankly a lot less creepy to me than when the genders are reversed. JMO>>>>

Not that I am a big fan of either one though.

BTW my brother and I were trying to define 'inapropriate' in a relationship age wise. This is what we came up with:

Let X=age of skanker

Let Y=age of skanky

Y<1/2X+3.5yrs = Skanky Situation

Any thoughts on our variable?

Let me make this clear, if a dude gets offended or thinks a 40 yr old is a skank because she wants his 22 yr old pekcer...I hope het gets paid alot of $ for doing formulas his whole life cuz he aint ever gonna get laid.