[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For the NFC title game - Vikes / Saints

MustOfBeenDrunk

from the NFL rule book

A catch is made when a player inbounds secures possession of a pass, kick, or fumble in

flight (See 8-1-3).

Note 1: It is a catch if in the process of attempting to catch the ball, a player secures control

of the ball prior to the ball touching the ground and that control is maintained after the

ball has touched the ground.

Thanks

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, but when you gotta keep repeating something for 2 months before it finally happens, it doesn't make you right, it makes you a loser. Yea, that's right, I called you a name, no go act all indignant about it.

:D Nice get em Billy cause I'm a fan of neither the vikes or packers but I'm sick and tired of hearing the cheeseheads give you guys the business for what seems like an eternity now! Guess what we get it your all butt sore cause you think Favre bent the packers over at the end of his days there. BLAH BLAH BLAH!! Get over it the more you speak of it and say haha we hate favre and am glad he is on your team and not mine anymore! The more I really think you love him madly and are probably hiding in the bathroom after each of his TDs and great plays and doing yourself in secret! Why oh why did you leave us Brett? WHY? :wacko:

:D

:D Nice get em Billy cause I'm a fan of neither the vikes or packers but I'm sick and tired of hearing the cheeseheads give you guys the business for what seems like an eternity now! Guess what we get it your all butt sore cause you think Favre bent the packers over at the end of his days there. BLAH BLAH BLAH!! Get over it the more you speak of it and say haha we hate favre and am glad he is on your team and not mine anymore! The more I really think you love him madly and are probably hiding in the bathroom after each of his TDs and great plays and doing yourself in secret! Why oh why did you leave us Brett? WHY? :wacko:

Yeah.....okay. Whatever you need to make you feel better is fine by me. Even thought it's completely ridiculous. As long as YOU feel good. You go girl!

In his presser, he's saying maybe he should have run, but he was late in his throw to Rice. He's looking pretty bad...I feel for him.

sitting here and my wife just said the same thing (feeling bad for him and guys when they have to answer these questions)

from the NFL rule book

A catch is made when a player inbounds secures possession of a pass, kick, or fumble in

flight (See 8-1-3).

Note 1: It is a catch if in the process of attempting to catch the ball, a player secures control

of the ball prior to the ball touching the ground and that control is maintained after the

ball has touched the ground.

I've changed the bold to the important bit.

Not even sure what to say... I feel like I've been here before. Close NFC Championship game after which all that we (Minnesota fans) are left with is a bunch of "What If" and "Why" questions to ask. :wacko:

First and foremost, CONGRATULATIONS to the Saints and their fans. I mean that 100% sincerely. That said, I went into this game thinking that I would no doubt cheer for the Saints in two weeks if they outplayed the Vikings today, and won the game. The only problem I have with that, though, is that I genuinely come away from this game having an EXTREMELY hard time saying that the Vikings were outplayed. Granted, figuring out who outplayed who is sort of a "glass half-full, glass half-empty" type of thing... I'm sure Saints fans feel like they outplayed Minnesota by "forcing" so many turnovers. I don't know, though... I just feel like the Vikings completely gave this game away. On the other hand, a team that gives the ball away that many times doesn't really deserve to be in the Super Bowl, no matter how much they outplayed their opponent. So, once again, I guess it really does come down to how you choose to look at it... Were the Vikings outplayed because they were dominated in the turnover battle, or did they outplay the Saints in every area EXCEPT turnovers? Sadly, if Minnesota "limits" their turnovers to "just" 2 or 3, I think they win this game by double-digits.

Favre... what can you say about the guy? Most impressive athlete I've ever seen, in any sport, in terms of his ability to stay "healthy" over his entire career. I use the word "healthy" in quotes because I'm not sure if it's that he can avoid injury, or if his pain threshold is just simply out of this world. The punishment he took today was up there with the worst that I can remember seeing... The fact that he didn't take a sack is maybe the most misleading single-game statistic I've ever been witness to. Given all of that, he had the team in a position to win the game, with under a minute to play, despite the four turnovers (up to that point). If there is one play that I think all Vikings' fans would like to take back, though, it would be that second pick... The first thing my wife said to me, after the turnover, was "Why didn't he run it?" I have absolutely no answer for that. Favre the gunslinger came back at the most inopportune time, I guess. He could have literally crawled to the 30 yard line without being touched... There was nobody within 50 feet of the guy. To make a throw like that, at a time like that, is simply inexcusable... would have been better off throwing it away and taking our chances with a 55-yard FG.

As far as the refs/calls go, I thought there were several questionable calls, both ways. For example, the first Thomas pass-interference call (the one that WAS called) was a tough one. But, a couple of plays later (right before the FG, I think), the refs didn't call one that probably should have been. Unfortunately, for the Vikings, not only did more of the questionable calls not go their way, but the ones that didn't go their way happened to have the biggest impact on the outcome of the game. No excuses or sour grapes here, though... Without the five TO's, those questionable calls don't come close to making enough of a difference for the Saints to win the game.

Not sure who I'll be pulling for in two weeks... I'm definitely happy, despite the outcome today, for the Saints. Once the frustration of today cools off, I'll probably end up cheering for them, just like I thought I would all along. Should be another great game.

I've changed the bold to the important bit.

i will have to wait to see the replay of it on SC or something because I didn't record it and changed the channel...but as short as my memory is, I thought he had possession prior to going to the ground...i easily could be wrong...i posted what I did because I thought you guys were saying it wasn't a catch because it touched the ground and the rules do allow for that.

...he's saying maybe he should have run, ...

Maybe???

Easy to armchair quarterback like I am, but damn,,,, I saw that open from this armchair fo sho. Was the game IMO. I was pulling for them big time. Be that as it may, the Colts will just have to beat the Saints instead. No matter.

sitting here and my wife just said the same thing (feeling bad for him and guys when they have to answer these questions)

I'll add to that too..I feel bad for Favre. Tough way to end the season, maybe career.

He had an amazing year. No matter how odd he may be off the field, the guy is a true, tough football player. No doubt.

i will have to wait to see the replay of it on SC or something because I didn't record it and changed the channel...but as short as my memory is, I thought he had possession prior to going to the ground...i easily could be wrong...i posted what I did because I thought you guys were saying it wasn't a catch because it touched the ground and the rules do allow for that.

I understand that. It was the "possession" (which equals full control) PRIOR to the ball touching the ground that I was questioning. God knows the rule is applied incredibly inconsistently.

:D Some of the Packer fans here have been quite chivesy all season long.

+1 My wife just said something in the like, and added that Favre looks like he came out of a boxing match rather than a football game.

I understand that. It was the "possession" (which equals full control) PRIOR to the ball touching the ground that I was questioning. God knows the rule is applied incredibly inconsistently.

I don't think you can overturn that call, looked like his hand was under the ball.

:wacko: Some of the Packer fans here have been quite chivesy all season long.

that happens when their megawimmins start nagging them during the NFL season.

I don't think you can overturn that call, looked like his hand was under the ball.

disagree...looks like the ball moved, hand under or not.