[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For the NFC title game - Vikes / Saints

MustOfBeenDrunk

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love all the desperate fpacker fans posting here....it's HILARIOUS. f you all and I hope a large plane crashes on your f'ing stadium...in fact I may make it happen

:wacko:

Pull yourself together man, it's a game. Even after a bad loss vs the Cards, I never went around making death threats (joking or not).

Edited by budlitebrad

I love all the desperate fpacker fans posting here....it's HILARIOUS. f you all and I hope a large plane crashes on your f'ing stadium...in fact I may make it happen

Hey, all i can say is that we told you that Favre would do this to you like he did it to us. Poor Valhalla, the truth really DOES hurt!

My hats off the Vikings. Was a heck of a game and were it not for the turnovers they probably would have won.

Super Bowl bound!

ETA: Thanks for the victory pants Chief!

that bad PI call aside, the Vikes lost this game from turning it over too much....

unlike 1998 though, I will be rooting hard for the Saints to win it all...good game and good luck

Geaux Saints!

ps - and to all the Packer fans chiming in, I am glad for your sake Favre didn't win the big one with the Vikes this year becuase your heads would have exploded...bunch of when I wore my first dressing losers....

Edited by alexgaddis

Better watch what you say bro. I can see the FBI knocking on your door tomorrow.

I think the MVP of this game should be the receiver who sold that PI call to the refs. He looked like Greg Louganis. I feel bad for the Vikes and fans, but I feel bad for Saints fans too because as a Steeler fan I know this will never ever go to bed.

There was, literally, zero chance he catches that ball.....zero.

I just rewinded and rewatched that play...I agree that he wasnt going to catch the ball but the ball landed in bounds and the defender didnt even try to turn around and look for the ball....I can see how the ref called PI on that play especially on real time speeed....It was an easy sell....

Except if you look at the replay, the flight of the ball shows the receiver had a play on the ball if he's not tackled.

That ball was not that high.

agreed.....looked like leber grabbed his hands which kept him from turning and made him lose balance

There was, literally, zero chance he catches that ball.....zero.

just watched it a bunch of times in slo-mo (not that they really gave many good looks) and it looked like at a min. Leber was guilty of illegal contact but once the ball comes his way I think it turns into PI

Even if it was catchable I don't think it was pass interference. Looked to me that their feet got tangled. Looked absolutely horrible to me and I'm no Vikings fan.

if you go back and look at it you can see that Leber is actually engaged with the TE after the 5 yards and what looked to be hand fighting for lack of better words seems to be what caused Thomas to lose his balance

Besided, we're not hurting that much:

GB:

12 NFL Championships

03 Superbowls

08 Conference Championships

13 Division Championships

25 Playoff Appearances

21 Hall of Famers

MN:

01 NFL Championship

00 SuperBowl Championships

04 Conference Championships

18 Division Championships

26 Playoff Appearances

09 Hall of Famers

It still was a good game, though.

Entertaining Game, but it did look like the Saints were looking to knock farve out of the game. How that one hit was not a 15 yarder I will never know...... And that last PI call was suspect. But you can hang this one on Farve being Farve. He had that game at the end of the 4th..... Typical Farve bonehead move.

And the clock has just started on the Farve Retirement Drama......

Childress just semi-threw favre under the bus:

"When you turn it over at the 5-yard line, and throw an interception at the 20....those points are big in a 3-point loss"

Its the truth, but interesting he mentioned those two turnovers.....and not the bumbled miscommunication that led to 12-men in the huddle, costing them a shot at a 51-yard game winning FG.

I think the MVP of this game should be the receiver who sold that PI call to the refs. He looked like Greg Louganis.

This. I watch enough NBA and soccer to know a flop when I see one.

All that aside, if Favre runs five yards instead of throwing a suicide pass, Longwell probably finishes it right there. I doubt any NFC Championship game has ever been won by a team fumbling six times too.

What a farce. A classic game gone to shame.

For the record, I was rooting for the Saints. The Vikings got jobbed at the end.

I'm glad I'm not a Queens fan.

I am glad I am not a bears Fan. When was your season over, week 7?

I don't think we got jobbed, should of never been in that position.

The fumble by Favre/Peterson before the half would have been at least 3 points and than the Harvin fumble where they then scored a TD. Thats a 10 point turnaround. They should have won they game earlier if it wasn't for the mistakes and turnovers.

Childress just semi-threw favre under the bus:

"When you turn it over at the 5-yard line, and throw an interception at the 20....those points are big in a 3-point loss"

Its the truth, but interesting he mentioned those two turnovers.....and not the bumbled miscommunication that led to 12-men in the huddle, costing them a shot at a 51-yard game winning FG.

without looking were those the only two in the RZ?

Entertaining Game, but it did look like the Saints were looking to knock farve out of the game. How that one hit was not a 15 yarder I will never know...... And that last PI call was suspect. But you can hang this one on Farve being Farve. He had that game at the end of the 4th..... Typical Farve bonehead move.

Heck, to me the blame goes more on the coaches for trying to get cute at the end of regulation. All the Vikes need to do is run Peterson into the center of the line and at least have a CHANCE at a FG to win. Instead they bring 12 men in the huddle, which pushes them out of field goal range.

There's your game.

Edited by Chief Dick

Now you all you Vikings fans get to go thru the same BS we did. Maybe now you'll understand. The only difference is you DON'T have the QB of the future on the sidelines like we did.

That's the beauty of this game today. I'm not a Vikings fan or a Saints fan. Everyone sees it a different way.

That game had opportunities for both teams to win. The Vikes had some calls go their way. The Saints had some calls go their way. Both teams made big plays today both on offense AND defense.

Great game to watch, and neither team should feel jobbed. It was THE game we all wanted to see for the NFC Championship, and both teams delivered.

This is truly one of those games where you say: "It's too bad somebody has to lose."

Agree on all points here.

Except that last one. bye bye Favre, c ya at the next retirement press conference - don't forget your tissues :wave: :wacko: