[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For the NFC title game - Vikes / Saints

MustOfBeenDrunk

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck, to me the blame goes more on the coaches for trying to get cute at the end of regulation. All the Vikes need to do is run Peterson into the center of the line and at least have a CHANCE at a FG to win.

There's your game.

After the 12 men on the field penalty they needed more yardage to make it a reasonable FG. I think the ruling on the Meacham catch was an awful call. He didnt really have great possesion and trapped it on the ground :wacko:

Edited by whomper

After the 12 men on the field penalty they needed more yardage to make it a reasonable FG. I think the ruling on the Meacham catch was an awful call. He didnt really have possesion and trapped it on the ground :wacko:

Video replay showed it clearly.

That's the beauty of this game today. I'm not a Vikings fan or a Saints fan. Everyone sees it a different way.

That game had opportunities for both teams to win. The Vikes had some calls go their way. The Saints had some calls go their way. Both teams made big plays today both on offense AND defense.

Great game to watch, and neither team should feel jobbed. It was THE game we all wanted to see for the NFC Championship, and both teams delivered.

This is truly one of those games where you say: "It's too bad somebody has to lose."

Very well stated. Definitely was an absolutely great game.

Childress just semi-threw favre under the bus:

"When you turn it over at the 5-yard line, and throw an interception at the 20....those points are big in a 3-point loss"

Its the truth, but interesting he mentioned those two turnovers.....and not the bumbled miscommunication that led to 12-men in the huddle, costing them a shot at a 51-yard game winning FG.

Well the one at the 5 yard line was not his fault that goes to AP even though the fumble is charged to Favre

After the 12 men on the field penalty they needed more yardage to make it a reasonable FG.

I agree, but there was no reason for the Vikings to have that many men in the huddle in the first place. They already had the personnel on the field for a running play. Keep it simple, attempt a 50 yarder to win, and go home. Or at the worst go to OT.

Edited by Chief Dick

Hey, all i can say is that we told you that Favre would do this to you like he did it to us. Poor Valhalla, the truth really DOES hurt!

Yea, but when you gotta keep repeating something for 2 months before it finally happens, it doesn't make you right, it makes you a loser. Yea, that's right, I called you a name, no go act all indignant about it.

Edited by BillyBalata

Yeah, we've heard this before:

FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports that "every player" in the Vikings' locker room believes that Brett Favre will retire this offseason.

Favre's mind changes day to day (if not minute to minute), of course, so it doesn't really matter what his teammates think. It's worth noting that Favre told ESPN's Ed Werder his mind is already made up about his future during last week. Favre is still playing at an extremely high level, though, and probably won't want to retire when his last throw was intercepted.

Heck, to me the blame goes more on the coaches for trying to get cute at the end of regulation. All the Vikes need to do is run Peterson into the center of the line and at least have a CHANCE at a FG to win. Instead they bring 12 men in the huddle, which pushes them out of field goal range.

There's your game.

The play calling at the end of regulation was absolutely horrible. Running the ball twice near the 35 yard line when the Saints were stacking the box was questionable at best. Vikings were playing for a 40-50 yd fg to win the game. I felt like I was watching the Bills play. Play action on first down would have been a great call IMO.

Yea, but when you gotta keep repeating something for 2 months before it finally happens, it doesn't make you right, it makes you a loser. Yea, that's right, I called you a name, no go act all indignant about it.

I think it makes you a poor sport. You can sit and Jaw Jack all season long but when you lose it's suddenly off limits. Too bad, so sad.

I still think it was a good game, but I knew at some point it would happen. And it did. Big deal, I was right.

Henderson play was a catch

PT first down was a first down

PI on Thomas was a PI, he was beyond 5 yards and bumped

Favre threw an INT and blew a chance at the FG

Vikes turned it over 5 times

12 men in the huddle, killer!

A 23 year old kid kicked the winning FG

grow a set and stop blaming the officials.

Edited by pig devilz

I think your more of a prima dona on these boards than Favre is.

No, not really. I think you're in a hurting place right now and just lashing out. I understand. I've been where you are before. You'll get over it. The sun will shine on you another day.

What do you mean ? Do you agree it was a bad call or felt they got it right ?

from the NFL rule book

A catch is made when a player inbounds secures possession of a pass, kick, or fumble in

flight (See 8-1-3).

Note 1: It is a catch if in the process of attempting to catch the ball, a player secures control

of the ball prior to the ball touching the ground and that control is maintained after the

ball has touched the ground.

After the 12 men on the field penalty they needed more yardage to make it a reasonable FG. I think the ruling on the Meacham catch was an awful call. He didnt really have great possesion and trapped it on the ground :wacko:

I still think he had his hands under the ball even when his hand was on the ground. Ball never touched the ground IMO. Trust me, I wanted to see that thing hit the ground but I can't fault the refs for not overturning the call.

Still I think it was a great game and you have to really be happy for all Saints fans to finally see your team heading to the Super Bowl after all these years and all the festivities that go along with it.

Congratulations to all Saints fans!! Have a fun 2 weeks for sure. :D

I still think he had his hands under the ball even when his hand was on the ground. Ball never touched the ground IMO. Trust me, I wanted to see that thing hit the ground but I can't fault the refs for not overturning the call.

Still I think it was a great game and you have to really be happy for all Saints fans to finally see your team heading to the Super Bowl after all these years and all the festivities that go along with it.

Congratulations to all Saints fans!! Have a fun 2 weeks for sure. :wacko:

I think it did touch the ground but think it was being possessed and thus why they ruled it a catch.