[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What would you most like to see in an airport?

Fatman

I'm working on a consulting project for the new airport terminal in Mumbai specifically focused on the passenger experience. As either a domestic or international passenger, what would you most like to see in an airport? Just looking for ideas, no matter how out there...

I'm working on a consulting project for the new airport terminal in Mumbai specifically focused on the passenger experience. As either a domestic or international passenger, what would you most like to see in an airport? Just looking for ideas, no matter how out there...

a comfy, clean spot to sleep that doesn't cost me a fortune or require a membership

A better way to store your stuff at the bar/eatery. Traditional tables and chairs are difficult, especially when traveling with winter stuff (I know, not a serious issue in Mumbai)

Easy in, easy out.

Go look at Kansas City's airport. Best one out there as far as I'm concerned.

And use smaller concourses with quick access amongst them

Anothe thing for larger airports is some of them have separate security for each. Change those to where once you clear security, you can access any concourse.

More space to do work. With people needing to get thru security 45-60+ minutes before their flight, I inevitably end up pulling out my laptop to check email/surf/work. Counters with barstool-type chairs around the perimeter of the concourse would be great.

More electrical outlets to charge any type of item.

More TVs showing something other than CNN.

Maybe a kid-friendly area for the youngsters to have something to do (other than drive parents nuts).

And use smaller concourses with quick access amongst them

Anothe thing for larger airports is some of them have separate security for each. Change those to where once you clear security, you can access any concourse.

i swear i always get the last gate

I was at the Phoenix airport a few weeks ago. The only bar in our concourse closed at 6pm. We were on a long delay so we took the airport shuttle to the main concourse. Chilis was the only place serving alcohol. They call last call 5 minutes after we walked in at 9pm. Don't let this happen when chester is on a long flight delay!

Bathroom stalls with walls that go all the way to the floor? :wacko:

Mumbai has a lot of money right? So how about this... have them develop a luggage tag that has some kind of unique gps transmitter or something like that so that they can confirm that your luggage has been loaded onto the correct plane... and for some reason if it has not, it can be located immediately.

I was at the Phoenix airport a few weeks ago. The only bar in our concourse closed at 6pm. We were on a long delay so we took the airport shuttle to the main concourse. Chilis was the only place serving alcohol. They call last call 5 minutes after we walked in at 9pm. Don't let this happen when chester is on a long flight delay!

Happened to me in Gulfport/Biloxi... I was NOT HAPPY. Only problem, there was no Chili's, so the alcohol was done at 6, my plane left at 8:30...

I'm at Salt Lake City Airport now, apparently they need more payphones for all the Mormon Mission kids. What kind of cult doesn't let you use cell phones? :wacko:

No kidding, even dirty muslims in the mountains of Afghanistan have them.

A toilet that does not automatucally flush 7 times while still sitting on it.

Note: I can't believe I admitted that I actually drop a duece in an airport.

Another note and don't want to get off topic but.... These automatic flush toilets? How much water is wasted? These things always flush three or four times - I stand up and if I have a backpack it seems as I throw that back on and turn to exit it sets it off again - frickin annoying.