[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My dog has a cancerous mass

peepinmofo

So I took her to the vet last week to be seen for a mass that has been growing for a few months now. Was about the size of an acorn when I first saw it, and now is bigger than a golf ball. Anyway, they took samples and determined it has cancer cells in it.

She is a 5 year old boxer. Shes a pain in the ass sometimes, but I was pretty upset when I found out the news.

Surgery is Thursday. Good vibes would be appreciated.

So I took her to the vet last week to be seen for a mass that has been growing for a few months now. Was about the size of an acorn when I first saw it, and now is bigger than a golf ball. Anyway, they took samples and determined it has cancer cells in it.

She is a 5 year old boxer. Shes a pain in the ass sometimes, but I was pretty upset when I found out the news.

Surgery is Thursday. Good vibes would be appreciated.

Sorry to hear. Sounds like it is growing really fast, not good.

Where is the growth? My female boxer had one on her hind leg when she was three, and that was three years ago and she is fine now. I just hate having sick dogs, it's almost like having sick kids.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

Where is the growth? My female boxer had one on her hind leg when she was three, and that was three years ago and she is fine now. I just hate having sick dogs, it's almost like having sick kids.

Back right leg... Right near her butt. The vet seems to think the chances are good that it is localized and hasnt spread because it doesnt hurt or bother her at all. So Im hopeful she will be ok. Glad to hear yours is good after a similar ordeal.

Our first dog,Cissy, had a small lump on her rib area for years. When she was around 8yo it tippled in size almost overnight. We had it removed (it was cancer) and 2 years later she got another one closer to her groin and had it removed. She lived to the ripe old age of 15.5 years. :wacko:

Hang in there...good vibes coming.

Edited by rocknrobn26