[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Massive Gulf Coast Oil Spill

BeeR

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank god we finally got science back.

Obamination :wacko: He is a liar...sad but true.

What practice did BP implement that was unethical? Following the standards that every other oil drilling company does?

:tup:

Investigators found that BP was badly behind schedule on the project and losing hundreds of thousands of dollars with each passing day, and responded by cutting corners in the well design, cementing and drilling mud efforts and the installation of key safety devices.

"Time after time, it appears that BP made decisions that increased the risk of a blowout to save the company time or expense. If this is what happened, BP's carelessness and complacency have inflicted a heavy toll on the Gulf, its inhabitants, and the workers on the rig," said Democratic Reps. Henry A. Waxman and Bart Stupak.

:tup:

One thing I do know is that jobs don't mean squat. We've watched as millions of jobs have leaked out of this country and suddenly you're worried about the jobs located in this one area of the country in this one industry? Where were you when the steel workers and the auto workers lost their jobs to Japan? Where were you when the technology companies upped and moved to Japan and Korea and Taiwan? How come you're not complaining about outsourcing of human capital requirements to India and China? It strikes me that you are complaining about only those jobs that have a direct impact on you personally.

:wacko:

I have been worried about US jobs for quite some time....where have you been? Ever since we have been discussing hte economy on these boards, I have iterated that any boost in the economy would have to be propped up by jobs growth. No jobs = no consumer confidence = no sustainable uptick in our economy.

I''d love to hear your rationale for the statement "jobs don't mena squat", but thats for another thread.

Obamination :wacko: He is a liar...sad but true.

Balla, he's a politician. By definition that means he's a liar. No reason to make up funny words with his name.

BP also apparently rejected advice of a subcontractor, Halliburton Inc., in preparing for a cementing job to close up the well. BP rejected Halliburton's recommendation to use 21 "centralizers" to make sure the casing ran down the center of the well bore. Instead, BP used six centralizers.

In an e-mail on April 16, a BP official involved in the decision explained: "It will take 10 hours to install them. I do not like this." Later that day, another official recognized the risks of proceeding with insufficient centralizers but commented:

"Who cares, it's done, end of story, will probably be fine."

:wacko:

Holy chit...getting pummeled by the left...absolutely pummeled....

Chris Matthews, Keith Olbermann and Howard Fineman react to President Obama's Oval Office Address on the oil spill. Here are the highlights of what the trio said:

Olbermann: "It was a great speech if you were on another planet for the last 57 days."

Matthews compared Obama to Carter.

Olbermann: "Nothing specific at all was said."

Matthews: "No direction."

Howard Fineman: "He wasn't specific enough."

Olbermann: "I don't think he aimed low, I don't think he aimed at all. It's startling."

Howard Fineman: Obama should be acting like a "commander-in-chief."

Matthews: Ludicrous that he keeps saying [secretary of Energy] Chu has a Nobel prize. "I'll barf if he does it one more time."

Matthews: "A lot of meritocracy, a lot of blue ribbon talk."

Matthews: "I don't sense executive command."

OUCH!

Well, it appears that the shine is starting to come off the apple and Obama is being exposed for what he really is, an empty suit that is a good speech maker.

ETA: Evidently he is even starting to fail at that.

Edited by SEC=UGA

seriously?

that photo, with "spewing gobs" in the headline?

Ole Charlie is checking something, but somehow I don't think it is the sand for oil. With regard to windmills, they are great though the infrastructure is not currently in place to utilize them to there fullest potential. I know they are going up in West Texas as fast as they can. You can't travel I-20 for any period of time without seeing trucks carrying part of windmills down the road headed West.

So the Coast Guard needed to confirm that all safety measures are currently in place before allowing them to do their work, to make sure there are no accidents in what is a very dangerous operation.

Interesting.

What about the coast guard wanting to do what Jindal asked and building berms, but the Corpse of Engineers delaying that? I guess you'll have some excuse for that as well.

What about the coast guard wanting to do what Jindal asked and building berms, but the Corpse of Engineers delaying that? I guess you'll have some excuse for that as well.

Sounds to me like all these Federal agencies need to get out of the way and let people do their job. As usual.

This is the kind of leadership we are dealing with between BP and Obama

Obama not doing enough.

Sounds to me like all these Federal agencies need to get out of the way and let people do their job. As usual.

Obama doing too much.

Obama doing too much.

The different agencies countermanding one another isn't the government doing too much, particularly when all that countermanding causes a lack or delays in action. It is poor leadership. Who is in charge?

BTW, the wife and kids are on their way to Destin FL this morning for what they hope is a week of clean beaches. We had another trip planned in August which I was going to go as well, but now we are looking at possibly going somewhere in Mexico.