[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Umm...Not your typical dance recital

untateve

I can see both sides of the coin. I guess as long as the parents are okay with what their kids are wearing & how they are dancing...then it shouldn't be a big deal to everyone else. I'm pretty sure there's a saying about rocks & glass houses. You should worry about your own kids, not everyone else's.

I can see both sides of the coin. I guess as long as the parents are okay with what their kids are wearing & how they are dancing...then it shouldn't be a big deal to everyone else. I'm pretty sure there's a saying about rocks & glass houses. You should worry about your own kids, not everyone else's.

Amen, Brother.

On a side note... I might have to kill any choreographer that dressed up my 8 year old in such a manner.

Wow. for 8 year old kids they are incredible dancers. My girls are 9 and 6 and they both do dance. The outfits and routines are fun but much more conservative and traditional than this and thats the way I like it. To each his own I guess

Hold me closer tiny dancer

Count the headlights on the highway

Lay me down in sheets of linen

you had a busy day today

:wacko:

I like what the shrink said at the end of the piece. It's important to get your kids thinking about this stuff, daughters in particular. It's sad that there is so much trash out there that kids are exposed to, but it's inevitable, so you have to help them form the right judgments. I would hope that if any girl could realize she has worth outside of sex appeal, be it academics, sports, music, etc, then she will choose those avenues over becoming a little whore. It's up to parents to constantly give them praise and encouragement, and outlets where they can achieve and feel good about themselves.

I guaran-danged-tee you that audience outside of the parents is loaded with the pedos. That's reason enough to not let them do it.

See ya at the civic center on Saturday? :wacko:

Just don't know how any parent could enjoy seeing their little girls prance around like little sluts. My daughter was in dance and a lot of the parents complained about some of their older kids' dance numbers & costumes. I'm kinda glad my daughter didn't want to do it anymore before she moved up that far. Now she wants to start again, but she will be going to a different school where we hear they are more conscious of this.

Watching that was very strange. My first impression was those little girls are very well trained. They are much better dancers than most girls that age. My second was that my little girls wouldn't be doing that. I felt it was inappropriate at that age. My oldest just turned 12 and I wouldn't want her dancing like that. I guess you can say "to each his own", but think of the position this puts the parents of those girls in. Your kid has been doing dance class all year, and a long comes the recital and you see them practicing that dance. I think I'd have to have a talk with the dance instructor, and if she insisted on going through with what I view as an inappropriate dance, I'd have to yank my kid. I'd also start shopping for a new dance studio.

On a side note last year at my kids dance recital I was asked to participate in the "daddy's dance". That was basically the dance that me and 8 other fathers did. Obviously it was more about comedy than it was about technique, so we weren't nearly as good as those little girls. Imagine a 285# man with a full beard doing that dance in a similar get up.

Watching that was very strange. My first impression was those little girls are very well trained. They are much better dancers than most girls that age. My second was that my little girls wouldn't be doing that. I felt it was inappropriate at that age. My oldest just turned 12 and I wouldn't want her dancing like that. I guess you can say "to each his own", but think of the position this puts the parents of those girls in. Your kid has been doing dance class all year, and a long comes the recital and you see them practicing that dance. I think I'd have to have a talk with the dance instructor, and if she insisted on going through with what I view as an inappropriate dance, I'd have to yank my kid. I'd also start shopping for a new dance studio.

On a side note last year at my kids dance recital I was asked to participate in the "daddy's dance". That was basically the dance that me and 8 other fathers did. Obviously it was more about comedy than it was about technique, so we weren't nearly as good as those little girls. Imagine a 285# man with a full beard doing that dance in a similar get up.

Umm - No thanks!! :wacko:

My thought is its a disgrace and the adults involved in this should be completely ashamed of themselves.

Doesnt surprise me, though. We (as a society) dress our girls up and encourage them to act like whores and then act horrified when (gasp!) they end up two-dollar trainwreck whores :wacko: Lets put Britney Spears on a magazine cover in her panties when she's 16 and then tear her down for being a disaster when she's a little older. How 'bout some Miley Cyrus? I think it was here in the Tailgate that someone posted a link to the Top 10 sexiest magazine covers of the year (or similar) and there's (the then 16 yr old Miley) right in there with models, actresses, etc...

When are we going to remember that "sexy" has to do with sex so it shouldnt have anything to do with kids who are not supposed to be having sex. There is no excuse whatsoever for 8-9 year old KIDS to be doing "sexy" dance moves. If they are accomplished dancers, surely there are other challenging moves they can be taught than the ones made famous by Beyonce/strippers/etc...

My thought is its a disgrace and the adults involved in this should be completely ashamed of themselves.

Doesnt surprise me, though. We (as a society) dress our girls up and encourage them to act like whores and then act horrified when (gasp!) they end up two-dollar trainwreck whores :wacko: Lets put Britney Spears on a magazine cover in her panties when she's 16 and then tear her down for being a disaster when she's a little older. How 'bout some Miley Cyrus? I think it was here in the Tailgate that someone posted a link to the Top 10 sexiest magazine covers of the year (or similar) and there's (the then 16 yr old Miley) right in there with models, actresses, etc...

When are we going to remember that "sexy" has to do with sex so it shouldnt have anything to do with kids who are not supposed to be having sex. There is no excuse whatsoever for 8-9 year old KIDS to be doing "sexy" dance moves. If they are accomplished dancers, surely there are other challenging moves they can be taught than the ones made famous by Beyonce/strippers/etc...

Kind of my take on the matter. Sure, I know others will say to each their own, but that behavior can and will affect your daughters as well. I also don't like the fact that society in general seems to be pushing our kids quicker and quicker to adulthood, whether in how they dress, act, etc. Let kids be kids and keep them ignorant of the "finer" points of being an adult.

I think that in this day and age, you have to start as early as possible if you want your daughter to stand out in a world of sluts. Training them to pole dance at the age of 8 is one way to accomplish that. Sure, it's creepy and disturbing now, but when they hit the age of 16, they'll have a leg up (so to speak) on the girls who are just starting to learn how to be trashy whores.

How much do you want to bet that the dance instructor is a young 20-something slut who has no children and just doesn't think there's anything wrong with her doing these things so she doesn't understand how it might be wrong for anyone else.

You'd think after Jon-bonet Ramsey we'd learn a lesson or two as a society. Guess not.

How much do you want to bet that the dance instructor is a young 20-something slut who has no children and just doesn't think there's anything wrong with her doing these things so she doesn't understand how it might be wrong for anyone else.

You'd think after Jon-bonet Ramsey we'd learn a lesson or two as a society. Guess not.

How 'bout the one parent (Miller?) "These girls are going to a dance contest and they're wearing dance clothes."

Are you kidding me? There's dance clothes and there's dance clothes designed to be sexy and provoke a prescribed response. I'd say what the girls in the video where wearing qualify as the latter. And while they were technically just dancing, that choreography is definitely not age appropriate. 8yr old girls should not be doing the rumpshaker or dropping down and gyrating their hips like that. Definitely adult stuff there.

What's most sad out of this whole thing is this dumbfok parent will probably be looking to blame everyone else in the world except himself when his daughter's "dancing in dance clothes" gets the attention of the boys at school and he finds out there are videos of her sucking c0ck on the innernet and/or she comes home pregnant at 13 :wacko: