[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How are you cooling off this summer ?

whomper

Keeping cool  

25 members have voted

1. 1. How are you cooling off this summer ?

• Beach
    • Town Pool
    • Home Pool
    • Water parks
    • Sprinkler
    • Puddy

:tup:

In Texas so it's hot ... AC from 4-7 pm, definately. V8 Splash strawberry kiwi with Vodka if I have to be by the pool :wacko:

What are the men drinking ?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the men drinking ?

The men are probably up in their air-conditioned insulated deer stands talking about how manly they are and how much skill it takes to hang yer head out the window to shoot some deer that walks by while drinking their queer juice.

:tup:

In Texas so it's hot ... AC from 4-7 pm, definately. V8 Splash strawberry kiwi with Vodka if I have to be by the pool :tup:

:wacko:

Here in Texas, I spend most of the day outside, alternating between yard chores, puttering in the garage and cooling off in the pool. I do come in from time to time to grab a cold beverage, drain the previous one and cool off just a bit.

Considering how much some people like to rip on California (and residents of CA), this is one area where there simply is no argument... California is the best place to live in the country, strictly in terms of weather (unless you prefer cold/snow or extreme heat). I'm from the Midwest, and I find myself defending that part of the country any time some knucklehead from CA makes an uneducated comment about the Midwest, or people from the Midwest. But, it goes both ways... when people from the Midwest ask me how I could possibly live in the Bay area, in an area where there are so many people everywhere, one of the first things that comes to mind is the weather. There are pro's and con's to living anywhere (and the Bay has plenty of con's, believe me). But, I can honestly say that I have not turned on the AC in our home once this summer... we open windows daily (particularly in the evening, when it cools down into the 60's), and occasionally use a fan or two to keep the air moving, but other than that, the temps here are about as perfect as you can get. Southern CA (as long as you stay close to the coast, and avoid the inland heat) is even better... less of a rainy season than where I live, and the temperatures stay fairly moderate all year long.

As much as I miss friends and family in MN (I just got back from a 10-day trip), I honestly don't know if I could move back. CA is filled with loonies, hippies, and illegal immigrants, but the moderate weather (as well as the ability to basically play golf year-round) is priceless, in my opinion.

Considering how much some people like to rip on California (and residents of CA), this is one area where there simply is no argument... California is the best place to live in the country, strictly in terms of weather (unless you prefer cold/snow or extreme heat). I'm from the Midwest, and I find myself defending that part of the country any time some knucklehead from CA makes an uneducated comment about the Midwest, or people from the Midwest. But, it goes both ways... when people from the Midwest ask me how I could possibly live in the Bay area, in an area where there are so many people everywhere, one of the first things that comes to mind is the weather. There are pro's and con's to living anywhere (and the Bay has plenty of con's, believe me). But, I can honestly say that I have not turned on the AC in our home once this summer... we open windows daily (particularly in the evening, when it cools down into the 60's), and occasionally use a fan or two to keep the air moving, but other than that, the temps here are about as perfect as you can get. Southern CA (as long as you stay close to the coast, and avoid the inland heat) is even better... less of a rainy season than where I live, and the temperatures stay fairly moderate all year long.

As much as I miss friends and family in MN (I just got back from a 10-day trip), I honestly don't know if I could move back. CA is filled with loonies, hippies, and illegal immigrants, but the moderate weather (as well as the ability to basically play golf year-round) is priceless, in my opinion.

Being from the midwest myself I have to agree with everything you say. Although I've never lived in the Bay Area, we just got back from a trip there and I've visited SF several times before. Now while we were there this time it was friggin COLD and windy in the evening especially at the GG Bridge. But we took a drive along the north Bay area and my wife is determined to buy a retirement home on the bay in Tiburon. :tup: I said as soon as we win the lottery. :wacko:

:lol:

:lol::tup: yeah yeah yeah, but ask Scooby who is scared to drink the "red madness". It is a lethal concoction of 70% vodka 30% V8 splash that will have you drunk in no time. The deal is I load it up with ice so the heat melts the ice and makes the drink real easy to down. I would imagine that if you are not a heavy vodka drinker then you would not like this one, it is not for the low tolerance. :wacko: Plus you get some good vitamins replaced. Oh yeah, I like the diet version better (no high fructose). Thanks :tup:

:lol::tup: yeah yeah yeah, but ask Scooby who is scared to drink the "red madness". It is a lethal concoction of 70% vodka 30% V8 splash that will have you drunk in no time. The deal is I load it up with ice so the heat melts the ice and makes the drink real easy to down. I would imagine that if you are not a heavy vodka drinker then you would not like this one, it is not for the low tolerance. :wacko: Plus you get some good vitamins replaced. Oh yeah, I like the diet version better (no high fructose). Thanks :tup:

Vodka is a staple for me, but that just doesn't sound good at all. Give me a glass of vodka with a splash of cranberry any day over that. It goes down just fine & you don't have to down it or wait for the ice to melt. :lol:

You people must be rich. Swimming pools, lakes, trampolines. I remember when I was a kid and my Dad would spit in the air and you'd run under it. Sure, you smelled like chewing tobacco and Busch Lite the rest of the day but you cooled down pretty good. Especially after a nice long ride in the back of the pick-up truck. Sure, you were really tired and hot again after the hours of walking finding your way back home, but you got out of the basement and saw daylight.

Bunch of showoffs.

Considered cologne in the south, aint it? :wacko:

The Bloody Fairy :lol:

Vodka is a staple for me, but that just doesn't sound good at all. Give me a glass of vodka with a splash of cranberry any day over that. It goes down just fine & you don't have to down it or wait for the ice to melt. :wacko:

People!!!!! Vodka, splash of soda, twist of lime... God, you guys are a bunch of sopping wet pussies (had to see what the filter does to that word)

ETA - evidently that one is wide open for abuse...

ETA 2 - Great, Scooby is the only one reading this, I feel dirty for posting that...

Edited by SEC=UGA

I spent $499 on an air conditioner for the bedroom. My heat pump just wasn't cooling the house down enough on these 100 degree days/80 degree nights for my comfort. I don't know what I enjoy more...the coolness or the white noise. I'm a very light sleeper and that fan thing running all night is awesome. It washes out the dogs licking, drinking water, eating a snack of food, etc, etc. Awesome. I may leave it running throughout the wintertime. :wacko:

get u one of these for the winter time:)

http://www.sleepwellbaby.com/White-Noise-Machines-s/18.htm

Oh, we were confused. You drink the butch version.

People!!!!! Vodka, splash of soda, twist of lime... God, you guys are a bunch of sopping wet pussies (had to see what the filter does to that word)

ETA - evidently that one is wide open for abuse...

ETA 2 - Great, Scooby is the only one reading this, I feel dirty for posting that...

I prefer whiskey with my splash of soda... You can keep your little lime. :tup:

and yes, the straight scotch drinkers will soon be here to pummel you... :wacko:

and yes, the straight scotch drinkers will soon be here to pummel you... :wacko:

:tup: The alpha males

I have soured enough on bourbon in my life, used to be a knob creek fan. cranberry too, but I drink too much and cranberry is too tart eventually and hurts my fillings. i get burned out on it all and just rotate various drinks. another poolside is appleton estate's dark rum with dole pineapple/orange/banana. it's a happier drunk than whiskey. Texas sun + whiskey = heartburn, sunburn, and mindburn (especially if you burn :tup: ). Now if you are in a lounge late at night after a meal well then that is different. But this is 100 degrees by the pool for 5 hours plus.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby