[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rap/Hip-Hop

Seahawks21

I know even some of the old and crusties around here have heard at least one rap song in their life that they thought was catchy, and even though they will never admit it, they enjoyed. This isn't a conversation about whether or not rap is music. Those of us that appreciate it don't really care whether or not YOU consider it to be music. Don't waste your time, we aren't listening.

All time favorite:

Ghostface Killah--Ghost Deini

Honorable mention:

Jay-Z--Reservoir Dogs

Biggie--Who Shot Ya?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the whole genre?? :wacko::tup: I don't even know where to start, so many incredible beats and tunes over the years -

all time favorites are NWA & Eazy E

I will just throw out one of the originals, and probably the most used hook of all time

Eric B and Rakim --- paid in full

I once owned the vinyl import of that

the whole genre?? :wacko::tup: I don't even know where to start, so many incredible beats and tunes over the years -

all time favorites are NWA & Eazy E

I will just throw out one of the originals, and probably the most used hook of all time

Eric B and Rakim --- paid in full

I thought about being more specific, but didn't think we quite had the following. I wanted to jump into the music discussion, considering they are starting to spit out bands that I've never even heard of before.

Edited by Seahawks21

I thought about being more specific, but didn't think we quite had the following. I wanted to jump into the music discussion, considering they are starting to spit out bands that I've never even heard of before.

Glad you jumped in here because I have no frame of reference. I know scattered hip hop/rap tunes, but nothing that I would say would be my favorite. I don't want to trivialize it as a music genre because there are certainly a lot of people that feel that not only does it provide the beat they want to groove to, but it also in many ways defines the culture they identify with.

Old School

Ain't no half steppin - Big Daddy Kane

Killers - Ice T

Any Run DMC

Chiildren's story - Slick Rick

Rapper's Delight - Sugarhill Gang

Freaky Tales - Too $hort

Any NWA

Any Easy E

90s and on

Trick Daddy

Tupac

Ice Cube

Dre

Notorious BIG

Jay Z

Lately been digging Jay Z and Mr. Hudson - Young Forever

Too many to name

Edited by twiley

Rap/Hip-Hop has always struck me as rythmic poetic narratives, more of a spoken word art form, that being said the three that come to mind that I actually liked were:

DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince - Parents Just Don't Undersatnd, the video cracked me up

Tone Loc - Funky Cold Medina

Anthrax and Public Enemy - Bring The Noise

Edited by slambo

Man, way too many to name one favorite, but I gotta go with WuTang Clan as the group that has made the most songs I like best, including all the Wu solo releases.

Honorable mention to Public Enemy, NWA/solo releases, A Tribe Called Quest, Eric B & Rakim.

Glad you jumped in here because I have no frame of reference. I know scattered hip hop/rap tunes, but nothing that I would say would be my favorite. I don't want to trivialize it as a music genre because there are certainly a lot of people that feel that not only does it provide the beat they want to groove to, but it also in many ways defines the culture they identify with.

this mentality is a bit outdated my man. I doubt any rap fan at the huddle even remotely identifies with the culture :wacko:

chit my 13 yrs old cousin and all her friends are fans and love lil Wayne, Drake all new artists

rap/hip hop has crossed over to mainstream/pop culture for good