[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Prayers for my stepdad

matt770

Hoped I'd never have one of these but my stepdad is in the hospital with an infection. Docs don't know what it is, giving him antibiotics. He just went on a ventilator so he seems to be deteriorating. Leaving for CT now, no time to tell you what an amazing, kind, generous saint of a man this is or what he's meant to me and our family. Please say a prayer.

Thank you all. He's still in the ICU, critical but stable for the most part. Tested negative for mrsa but they found strep. Not sure if it's in his blood. We need to see his blood pressure go up and kidneys start to function better. Docs seem hopeful. He's a healthy and robust guy with a great attitude, so I'm betting he beats it. It's hard to see him sedated with a million tubes going everywhere.

My wife is here too but can't go to the hospital -- bad flu, fever, can't keep food down.

I thought I heard something about a football game tomorrow?

I feel like I could sleep til next Friday.