[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

moving back to cali

Bier Meister

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you moving back? I thought you were happy where you were? Work related?

wife and i both feel that there is low ceiling to break through where we are. would really need to own our own business to get ahead and cannot accumulate at a necessary rate. daughter will be starting kindergarden next year and the logistics are a nightmare (she works in denver and i am in vail).... the 7 month winter (threat of me or her getting snowed in) magnifies it. we just went out for an interview for her and she nailed the job that equals what we make now, and i should be able to double my income once there..... better quality of life, more school options, and parental support lead us back. when our daughter is older we may try again either here, tahoe, or europe. make no mistake that i'll miss this kind of access to great skiing, especially with the way my daughter is taking to it....but for now 4 hr drive to tahoe will have to do.

thank guys. very mixed about it. likely am not going to cook professionally unless i can open a place, but looking forward to getting my hands on a lot of products that are hard to find here. definitely pluses and minuses involved. made a lot of good friends out here...going to miss poking skins with a stick in az's shed and atomic's scanner parties.

thank guys. very mixed about it. likely am not going to cook professionally unless i can open a place, but looking forward to getting my hands on a lot of products that are hard to find here. definitely pluses and minuses involved. made a lot of good friends out here...going to miss poking skins with a stick in az's shed and atomic's scanner parties.

be ready for the Backache syndrome.....just tell'm yer cookin somethun new and want them ta come over and try it......have packin peanuts,tape guns and boxes in the dining rm :wacko: