[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The 83rd Oscars tonight

tazinib1

Who's watching?

The category that pertains to my job is Best Cinematographer...and I'm HIGHLY rooting for Roger Deakins (True Grit) who is sort of a god in my circles. He was already given a lifetime achievement award this year by the ASC (American Society of Cinematographers) so this would be a very deserving double double.

Wally Pfistier for Inception got the nod. While he is truly genius, I tend to shy away from heavily CGI influenced movies for Cinematography awards. True Grit was epically shot and lit. If it didn't go to Deakins, Pfistier is the only other guy I would have been happy with. Well done Wally.

Wow, barely lasted through the opening and wished I hadn't. Turned it off after about 45 minutes or so. I don't have very high expectations for these shows but Hathaway and Franco failed to live up to those. That was about as un-funny, un-charming, un-entertaining as I can remember a show being. Those two bombed in a major way.

I realize they think they need new blood in terms of hosts, but they'd better do a better job vetting the choices, because that was really bad.

Jennifer Lawrence.

That's all I've got to say about that.

No kidding. I really enjoyed Winter's Bone. When Jeff Bridges was going through the nominees, and they showed her sitting there, I was like "who the heck is that girl?" Then they showed that it was the girl from Winter's Bone and I was just like "Nooo wayyyy!". Hot!! And the booty! Didn't see that coming.

Edited by Seahawks21

No kidding. I really enjoyed Winter's Bone. When Jeff Bridges was going through the nominees, and they showed her sitting there, I was like "who the heck is that girl?" Then they showed that it was the girl from Winter's Bone and I was just like "Nooo wayyyy!". Hot!! And the booty! Didn't see that coming.

Yep, decent movie, certainly not the type that comes out every weekend. She is quite a specimen. I'd like to give her my specimen.

I really cant wait for the sequel "Summer's Whiskey dick"

Wow, barely lasted through the opening and wished I hadn't. Turned it off after about 45 minutes or so. I don't have very high expectations for these shows but Hathaway and Franco failed to live up to those. That was about as un-funny, un-charming, un-entertaining as I can remember a show being. Those two bombed in a major way.

I realize they think they need new blood in terms of hosts, but they'd better do a better job vetting the choices, because that was really bad.

+1

Holy crap I haven't seen a train wreck like that...........well, ever. Trotting out Kirk Douglas like that, are you kidding me?? It's like they just said, "ah, we'll wing it this year." :wacko:

Franco was definitely bad. At times he looked disinterested, other times he looked like he wanted to be somewhere else. Or maybe the guy needed a cup of coffee.

Hathaway tried too hard. Or maybe she was trying to inspire Franco.

As for Kirk Douglas, I know he's famous, I know he had a stroke, blah, blah, blah, but I think he should have been serious when he was announcing the winner of best supporting actress, not dong this "you know..." stuff.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Jennifer Lawrence.

That's all I've got to say about that.

She will be seen in blue body paint as Mystique in the next X-men movie. :wacko:

Franco was definitely bad. At times he looked disinterested, other times he looked like he wanted to be somewhere else. Or maybe the guy needed a cup of coffee.

Hathaway tried too hard. Or maybe she was trying to inspire Franco.

As for Kirk Douglas, I know he's famous, I know he had a stroke, blah, blah, blah, but I think he should have been serious when he was announcing the winner of best supporting actress, not dong this "you know..." stuff.

That was exactly the case. At least Hathaway tried, but you only get so many points for that.

And the Douglas bit was just sort of strange.