[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Took Mom to the Doctor Today

MikesVikes

My Mom just turned 81 last month. My sisters noticed that she's been losing some weight but I don't think they know how much. Today the doctor said that she is down to 84 lbs and that is 42 lbs less than just one year ago. They didn't get blood test results back yet but that doesn't sound good. Her mom had diabetes and it doesn't look good for her now either. My Grandma lived quite a few years after her legs were amputated because of it. :wacko:

Could it be anything else?

Edited by MikesVikes

Cancer, diabetes, and lack of appetite from aging have already been mentioned, and all are certainly possibilities. TB is also known for causing weight loss.

Here's a more complete list.

I'll be praying for a good outcome for your mom.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers and thanks to Chargerz for the link. I didn't see much with google and will try the Mayo Clinic search from now on. With google, I learned that dogs can get dieabetes and learned about the latest info on other things that I wasn't looking for.

It seems like she's still eating her regular meals but it sounds like the food isn't getting digested. One time the doctor asked her if she has bloody stools and she said only when she drinks red juices. :wacko:

I haven't heard back from the doctor yet.