[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

antiperspirants

Cameltosis

I am switching things up in the antiperspirant department and I cant think of a sweatier bunch to ask for advice. I bought the medicated Degree antiperspirant and it hasnt really been working any better than the rest. Then I actually read the bottle and it says to apply before going to bed.

Anyone ever use this stuff? Did you put it on before you went to bed and did that make a difference? Seems weird to me to not put anything on after taking a shower getting ready to going to work.

I am switching things up in the antiperspirant department and I cant think of a sweatier bunch to ask for advice. I bought the medicated Degree antiperspirant and it hasnt really been working any better than the rest. Then I actually read the bottle and it says to apply before going to bed.

Anyone ever use this stuff? Did you put it on before you went to bed and did that make a difference? Seems weird to me to not put anything on after taking a shower getting ready to going to work.

When I was single, I found that my natural musk was a natural attractant for eligible females. Now that I'm married, such attention would be too much of a distraction, so I use Glade and paper towels.

I use the Degree adrenaline whatever variant. Works for me.

The reason they suggest putting it on the night before, if I recall, is so that the zinc and other compounds have time to actually work and "plug up" the sweat glands. I'd have to do some googling to find the detailed answer, but i remember reading that one time a while back. I just put my antiperspirant/deodorant on after showers, but I am not an overly sweaty guy except for when it is really hot or I am exercising, at which point I like the natural air conditioning.

I sweat like dirty Muslim sheep herder in July... I use Right Guard Sport Clear Gel, usually the "Fresh" scent, works like a charm.

Yes, I use Certain-Dri about once a week or so. It's pretty good. Now, if you sweat alot, your doctor can prescribe stuff that'll dry you up like a desert. It's a stronger version of the stuff you have. I can't remember what it's called, but it's awesome.

There is a distinct difference between antiperspirant and deodorant. I do not use antiperspirant because of the aluminum compounds they contain. Now, I'm not saying that they can harm you and there is nothing published to suggest that they can, however there is a connection between aluminum and Alzheimer's and I already have chit for a memory. So I'm not taking any chances there. The old school Speed Stick works just fine for me.

There is a distinct difference between antiperspirant and deodorant. I do not use antiperspirant because of the aluminum compounds they contain. Now, I'm not saying that they can harm you and there is nothing published to suggest that they can, however there is a connection between aluminum and Alzheimer's and I already have chit for a memory. So I'm not taking any chances there. The old school Speed Stick works just fine for me.

+1, plus the anti antiperspirants used to leave a residue (sometimes yellow):wacko: in the pit area of your shirt.

Heard the same thing about aluminum a long time ago but don't know if there is anything to it.

Anyways, I've always used deodorant and not antiperspirant. Not necessarily strictly because of the aluminum. Just don't like the messy white chunky crap.

Old Spice Fresh scent here.

+1

I have alway thought this, and never used antiperspirant.

Now, I'm not saying that they can harm you and there is nothing published to suggest that they can, however there is a connection between aluminum and Alzheimer's and I already have chit for a memory.

apparently herb helps that - not the memory, but holding off the step to Alzheimer's.

as an aside, I'm actually currently working on an Alzheimers clinical product.