[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best Chain Burger

Brent

The hype for the In N Out burger is crazy right now here in allen and frisco. 6 more locations are coming to North Texas this year and possibly 20 total in the next 5 years through out the state. I have to admit, I havent tried it yet, but the lines are hours long, as they just opened this weekend. im sure Ill try it in the next week or so, after things calm down a bit.

So it got me thinking, what is the best chain burger

My personal favorite is the Whataburger, which is a staple in the south, but I believe it is only served in 3 or 4 states. Whataburger is made to order, I love the toasted bun and the flavor of the meat.

Close second is the Culvers Butterburger, which just moved here from Wisconsin about 5 years ago in my hometown and another suburb a couple years before that.

we have a 5 guys burger here as well, though I havent had that one yet, but I hear it is tasty and a NE staple

And now In N Out burger.

So what is the best chain burger where you live, and what makes it the best.

Edited by Brent

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brent I heard about this craze too in frisco, they said peeps were camped out a day or so before it opened!! I havent tried this joint either, but dont think I'd ever camp out for a cheeseburger lol!

Brent I heard about this craze too in frisco, they said peeps were camped out a day or so before it opened!! I havent tried this joint either, but dont think I'd ever camp out for a cheeseburger lol!

I live 15 minutes from the Frisco location, and have accounts in that area. The Grand opening had waits of 3+ hours. On Friday it was 1 1/2 hours.

I don't have the time to wait an hour for something other than a steak.

My personal favorite is the Whataburger, which is a staple in the south, but I believe it is only served in 3 or 4 states. Whataburger is made to order, I love the toasted bun and the flavor of the meat.

Close second is the Culvers Butterburger, which just moved here from Wisconsin about 5 years ago in my hometown and another suburb a couple years before that.

we have a 5 guys burger here as well, though I havent had that one yet, but I hear it is tasty and a NE staple

And now In N Out burger.

So what is the best chain burger where you live, and what makes it the best.

Agree. As of right now it's Whataburger. Flavor of the meat and cheese. Oh and the best ketchup anywhere.

Where is a Culvers at? I've driven buy a 5 guys, but never stopped. I'll check it out.

Agree. As of right now it's Whataburger. Flavor of the meat and cheese. Oh and the best ketchup anywhere.

Where is a Culvers at? I've driven buy a 5 guys, but never stopped. I'll check it out.

There has been a culvers in McKinney in the Movie Theatre parking lot right off of Interstate 75, I think its El Dorado exit. Another here in Rockwall where I live. This place is an upscale Braums or dairy Queen with great ice cream/yogurt as well as butter burgers.

There is a 5 guys about 10 minutes from me, as I see by looking up their locations here, and I never even knew it was there. I will try this place out this week. Wonder why ive never heard of this place until Caveman Nick told me how good they were in the NE. But I intend on finding out the hype of it now.

ETA: You can;t beat the ketchup at Whatabuger. Though I have tried it on a burger I made at home and its just not the same on anything other than their burger, fries and rings. Whataburger has the best fries and rings Ive ever had at a fast food joint as well. Though I love me some fries at Wing stop. But that isnt a burger joint.

Edited by Brent

I live 15 minutes from the Frisco location, and have accounts in that area. The Grand opening had waits of 3+ hours. On Friday it was 1 1/2 hours.

I don't have the time to wait an hour for something other than a steak.

yes! I'd wait an hr for a great steak too...I also remember living the Kripse Kream Kraze in frisco when I lived ther over a decade ago...funny stuff!! 15 min from frisco your pad--north, south, east or west? just curious

yes! I'd wait an hr for a great steak too...I also remember living the Kripse Kream Kraze in frisco when I lived ther over a decade ago...funny stuff!! 15 min from frisco your pad--north, south, east or west? just curious

I lived in North Dallas/ Preston area during the Krispe Kream Kraze, and that was certainly worth the hype. About 10 mints south of frisco on Preston Rd.

Sitting down waiting for a steak or whatever, or waiting to be seated is one thing. But to wait in line for hours is something I wouldnt do for anything like this.

Edited by Brent

I'll admit I love me a cheeseburger, and having lived in both California and now Texas, I can speak to all of this madness.

First of all, In-N-Out is good. It's not mind-blowing good, but it's good. If you're driving through to eat at home, I'd recommend that you only do this if you live close. Since the fries are freshly-cut, they get cold fast. Very fast. Their shakes are excellent, but many of the fast food joints have revamped their shakes, so...

I do like Whataburger. Blows the McDonalds/Burger King crap out of the water in terms of a large fast food chain.

Culvers is excellent. Their burgers taste real good, and can't beat getting cheese curds here in Texas! :tup:

I wasn't blown away by Five Guys, given the hub-bub. Like In-N-Out, though... it's good, just not mind-blowing good. I actually prefer getting a hot dog when I go there. Those suckers are tasty.

I haven't had In-N-Out in a couple years, so when I get up to Dallas or they emerge in Austin, I'll definitely grab one... after the lines die down, of course. I've actually contacted their real estate division to assist in acquisitions, etc. No response yet... :wacko:

In n out is my favorite chain burger.

5 guys was good, just not as good as In n out to me.

I wouldn't wait an hour to eat at in n out. that's insane.

I remember a Sonic opened here a couple years ago and it was the same thing. Lines out to the street.

Now you go by and there isn't anybody there.

For Fast Food Burgers In and Out beats the hell out of the Burger King, McDonalds, Wendys, Carls Jr crowd. Not a fan of their fries.

Whataburger :wacko:

5 guys, meh.... been there twice now, I think In and Out has them beat. Good Fries and the Bacon Hotdog is very tasty.

Fudruckers is the best chain joint (just had one last night), It can turn into a kiddie joint depending on when you go, but damm good burger

For Fast Food Burgers In and Out beats the hell out of the Burger King, McDonalds, Wendys, Carls Jr crowd. Not a fan of their fries.

Whataburger :wacko:

5 guys, meh.... been there twice now, I think In and Out has them beat. Good Fries and the Bacon Hotdog is very tasty.

Fudruckers is the best chain joint (just had one last night), It can turn into a kiddie joint depending on when you go, but damm good burger

:tup: What??, I thought Nation's was your fave.