[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Netflix Instant Queue

rajncajn

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suggest some good movies that are available on instant queue that may or may not be well known. My BIL told me Ip Man was really good, but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

The best for me are the documentaries about Iraq, 9/11, the financial crisis, peak oil, etc. There are tons of them.

I watched Climbing Redwood Giants recently which is great if you're into nature docs. I like to watch that stuff just before I go to sleep.

Some others I watched recently that were decent (first 2 are highly recommended if you've never seen them):

Kelly's Heroes

Paths of Glory

Sex Drive

Manhattan Murder Mystery

The Babysitters

Foxy Brown

Exam

TV series:

Extreme Engineering

Rescue Me

I'm watching the DogTown series right now. What an awesome series that is.

A couple of movies that passed me right by the last couple of years at the theatres were Daybreakers, The Joneses and Unthinkable. These were released in 2009-10. They were decent (for Netflix instant). They weren't the greatest, of course, but above average.

wait, are you saying that Netflix is trying to go to streaming only?

They all are...let me see if I can dig up an article about it.

ETA: Hmmmm...seems like they have changed there stance on it. Canada offers streamlining only and they had previously stated they wanted to follow that model. I personally hate the moment I find a good movie and its not available to stream. Makes zero sense to me.

Edited by tazinib1

They all are...let me see if I can dig up an article about it.

ETA: Hmmmm...seems like they have changed there stance on it. Canada offers streamlining only and they had previously stated they wanted to follow that model. I personally hate the moment I find a good movie and its not available to stream. Makes zero sense to me.

It will happen soon enough. I will eventually have to explain to my kid that he used to watch movies on disc called DVD's & Blu-Ray's. My son looked at me funny when I hooked up a VCR to watch an old college football game. He said "What is that" when he saw the VCR Tape. I think that we will eventually have no boxes for anything. You will have a T.V. with built in game systems, movie/tv downloads, etc. I think it will be here sooner rather than later, as a lot of internet TV's are starting to be produced.

Ip Man is very good, he's a very likable character.

I've been watcing some Buster Keaton stuff lately, very interesting and funny. Some amazing stunts.

The General, Steamboat Bill Jr

One False Move: Billy Bob Thorton and Bill Paxton 90's crime drama

The Horde: A french zombie flick

Kick-ass was pretty good

Classic Westerns: The Bravados, Rio Bravo, The Fastest Gun Alive, Lonesome Dove Stuff

Pandorum was good

Seraphim Falls was interesting and good

Serenity and the Firefly series is AMAZING. Watch the series first

Room in Rome is hot, boring but hot

Ong Bak is cool for a different style of martial arts not great but good

Film Noir: The Asphalt Jungle and The Killing

The Good the Bad and the Weird and Let the Right oNe in (A scadanavian vampire flick is AWESOME!!!!)

From time to time I'll pop onto Netflix to watch a movie I know my wife won't want to see. Our queueueue is chock full of "how-to" baby stuff and stuff my wife puts there. :wacko: So I'm relegated to watching on the "small screen" if I want to watch something where crap blows up.

Well, I had this garbage recommended to me somehow - by Netflix. Some garboo called eXistenZ with Jude Law, the chick that gets naked in Fast Times and Willem Dafoe. You'd think with that semi-good cast that it would be decent. The customer reviews were raving; saying it was kind of like The Matrix and a couple other flicks I enjoyed.

I couldn't get through the first five minutes it was so bad. Anyone ever see this pile of dog-stink?

Anyone wanna recommend a good sci-fi or action flick that is on Netflix's "instant" play?

From time to time I'll pop onto Netflix to watch a movie I know my wife won't want to see. Our queueueue is chock full of "how-to" baby stuff and stuff my wife puts there. :wacko: So I'm relegated to watching on the "small screen" if I want to watch something where crap blows up.

Well, I had this garbage recommended to me somehow - by Netflix. Some garboo called eXistenZ with Jude Law, the chick that gets naked in Fast Times and Willem Dafoe. You'd think with that semi-good cast that it would be decent. The customer reviews were raving; saying it was kind of like The Matrix and a couple other flicks I enjoyed.

I couldn't get through the first five minutes it was so bad. Anyone ever see this pile of dog-stink?

Anyone wanna recommend a good sci-fi or action flick that is on Netflix's "instant" play?

Some you have likely seen:

The Crazies

Pandorum

Serenity

The Thing

Die Hard

Way of the Gun

They Live

Mimic

X-men

Blade 2

Arrested Development

Weeds

The Office

Better Off Ted

Battle Star Galactica

X-Files

Pawn Stars

American Pickers

The Universe

Ancient Aliens

I hate everything on your list except for the Office and Ancient Aliens and maybe the Universe. I highly recommend the Ancient Aliens just for the "what if" entertainment.

From Parris with Love -- I'm a big Travolta fan

Smoken Aces II -- Action? You got it.

I am diggin on the Archer series from FX. Check them out adult cartoons, pretty good.

I just got done watching the Tudors, awesome series as well. Lots of good sex