[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Netflix Instant Queue

rajncajn

My wife and I were looking for something different to watch, so we got "Tell No One" from Instant Watch. It's a French film from a few years ago. I highly recommend it if you like murder thrillers with a lot of twists and turns. (However, while watching it we were getting a lot of the spinning-wheel hiccups, which was really annoying, enough so that I'm thinking of canceling Netflix altogether. We watch via Apple TV, hooked to the Internet via Ethernet, so I'm not sure why it was stuttering. We ended up stopping the movie and renting it from iTunes instead.)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zombieland is excellent if you have not see it.

Yeah, it was alright. I dig Emma Stone.

Some you have likely seen:

The Crazies - haven't seen it

Pandorum - haven't seen it

Serenity - haven't seen it... on my short list

The Thing - the old one? hmm...

Die Hard - been there, done that, yippee ki-yay

Way of the Gun - GREAT movie... i believe i own it on dvd

They Live - :wacko:

Mimic - is this the one with that italian broad? good movie

X-men - i keep up with these

Blade 2 - first one was better

thanks!

From Parris with Love -- I'm a big Travolta fan - never seen it

Smoken Aces II -- Action? You got it. - saw the first, not the second

thanks!

:wacko:

Archer is Bob in "Bob's Burgers" and was Coach McGuirk in "Home Videos". Good stuff. I wish Netflix had more of this kind of program. I'd like to re-watch "Lucy: TDOTD".

I loved Home Movies but Bob's Burgers has just been okay. I missed Lucy, the Daughter of the Devil when it originally aired. Debating on buying it. Is it any good?

Btw, John Benjamin is getting his own show on comedy central. Should be worth checking out.

I loved Home Movies but Bob's Burgers has just been okay. I missed Lucy, the Daughter of the Devil when it originally aired. Debating on buying it. Is it any good?

Btw, John Benjamin is getting his own show on comedy central. Should be worth checking out.

He also does the voice for Archer on FX I believe.

Can't wait for that show.

Does this answer whether you should watch Lucy: TDOTD?

I love it too! Archer rocks. "Diversity Hire" might be my favorite episode... "What you should've gone with was 'Sammy Gayvis Jr." :wacko:

You talked me into it. I just ordered it on amazon. I assume Benjamin is the voice of the devil.

what about "the girl with the dragon tattoo" trilogy? subtitles, but i heard they were pretty good. anybody watch?

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo movie is beyond excellent. The mrs and I both thought it was among the better films we'd seen in recent memory. We rated it 5 stars. The next two movies are actually bad in comparison. We gave them 3 and 2 stars. Girl Who played with Fire and Kicked the Hornets Nest suffer from sequel-itis big time. It is not necessary to watch the last two in the series. They tell you where the "girl", Lisbeth, came from, but the first movie stands on it's own and I highly recommend it.

If you watch film 2 and 3, you'll have that same, "Why am I watching this?" feeling you had for Matrix 2 and 3.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo movie is beyond excellent. The mrs and I both thought it was among the better films we'd seen in recent memory. We rated it 5 stars. The next two movies are actually bad in comparison. We gave them 3 and 2 stars. Girl Who played with Fire and Kicked the Hornets Nest suffer from sequel-itis big time. It is not necessary to watch the last two in the series. They tell you where the "girl", Lisbeth, came from, but the first movie stands on it's own and I highly recommend it.

If you watch film 2 and 3, you'll have that same, "Why am I watching this?" feeling you had for Matrix 2 and 3.

Good to know. My wife and I also really liked "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo." We watched the second one and thought it was so-so. The third one was on our list, but maybe we'll skip it.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently watched a few Twilight Zone episodes and IP Man as well as IP Man 2....both are well worth the watch if you don't mind the subtitles because the language is either in Cantonese or Mandarin...not sure...

but after watching them on Netflix, I felt compelled to buy them both on Blu-ray even though they are both available in HD on Netflix, I tend to crave ownership of movies like this especially with Blu-ray looking even better.....

I am quickly becoming a Netflix whuar

edit: don't forget Patrice O'neal: Elephant in the room - a must see if you want some good stand up laughs and Bill Burr: Let it Go as well.....both were hilarious...

Edited by Avernus

One of the things that I enjoyed about him was that his delivery implied that he was improving the whole time, eventho most of the material had to be written in advance.

I watched Bill Burr again afterwards again. Love the dysfunctional angry comic. "Being a mom is the hardest job in the world? I thought being a red headed roofer in July was hard."

Patrice recycles a lot, but he mixes improv with prepped material....Elephant in the room starts off with improv, but he probably had it in his head that he was going to pick on the audience and try to say certain things that he thought was funny and use them in an instance that should be available to him....

I mean with the quote you gave...the girl could have been 18 or 23 and he would have said her watering hole taste like hope....it's a line he probably just wanted to use....he just spouts pure gold and so does Burr....these are two comedians that I just find myself laughing with and nodding my head at in agreement...