[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best money you've ever spent

Kind of a spin-off of the "what do you waste money on" thread, but I just got done using an invention that has saved me from getting chewed up all day while I do yard work.

Tennis Racket Zapper

Reminds me of when we used to swat bumble bees with actual tennis rackets as a kid, but this one will put the fear of God into some skeeters. Today I got attacked by a bunch of those little bastards, but after zapping a few with this thing, the vast majority scattered and give me up to 10 minutes of peace before swarming again.

The more expensive thermocells probably work a bit better (definitely only way to go for hunting), but the racket only costed $5 at the local hardware store, and has brought hours of enjoyment for kids and drunks alike...

As quality products for the price are becoming harder and harder to come by, feel free to list anything big or small (aside from actual investments) that has turned out to be the best money you've ever spent.

Far as I am concerned, the best money I spend goes to the guys that mow my yard. I am allergic to grass anyway and when it is over 100 degrees, I almost feel bad for them. But it greatly adds to my quality of life.

Two years ago I dropped a grand on a Simmons Plush firm cal king mattress. That first nights sleep on that mattress was almost worth that much. At this point it's down to about a buck twenty a night and only getting better. Ten year life span makes it ten cents a night. I cant imagine better value...

Edited by Pope Flick

Say what you may, but for me it was $3 on a tab of acid. It absolutely, positively changed my life for the better. It gave me a lot of perspective that I was lacking before. And I can point to three other major things in my life resulting from that one little decision, not the least of which was an introduction to my wife of 21 years.