[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Risky Business

i_am_the_swammi

So the back-and-forth over the Texas Rangers incident, in addition to the bear mauling thread, got me thinking....what things do you do for fun that others may think is of the "putting yourself at risk" variety. While I don't think either of the above cases was all that risky(to me both were just horrible accidents), some could argue that both men put themselves in harm's way.

So with that, I am trying to think of what I do that could be contrived as risky, living on the edge, or even fun....and I have to agree, I am a pretty boring basterd. :wacko: The best I can come up with: skiing black diamond trails and entering the oceans when on vacation Oh, and letting my wife drive with me in the passenger seat on occasion :tup:.

Scuba, surfing and body surfing(especially the Wedge when in SoCal), Jet Skiing and the few my family thinks I'm craziest about, mostly because of my age are Skatboarding, Rugby and Hockey. Which usually leads me to Whomps answer :wacko:

Edited by Hugh B Tool

:tup: trust a fart

Playing video games endlessly is a danger to my marriage...According to my wife anyway.

These, but the wife stopped the threats years ago. Now she just laughs at me. :wacko:

Edited by rocknrobn26

Running and training for marathons. I used to run a lot of rural roads, but it can be unnerving to be way out in the middle of nowhere. I switched to doing most of my long runs either on the city river walks or through nature trails. I don't like having to worry about a driver not paying attention while driving in the country.

Not a regular thing, but I have gone skydiving. I have a fear of heights that I try to challenge/face up to. So, also, the rides on top of the Stratosphere in Vegas (a few times...the Big Shot is awesome and Insanity lives up to it's name!), the CN tower in Toronto, climbing every tower in Italy I could find.

Currently eat too much & exercise too little = fat = high risk. :tup:

Used to ski a fair amount. Usually beyond my skill level.

Had a couple of bikes; Honda 750F and a Virago. Sometimes would do stupid things with them. My son tells me I still drive my car like an a-hole sometimes.

Tried skydiving. Didn't like it. Not good with heights. Just the plane ride would make me nauseous. :wacko:

Was whitewater paddling for a little while. Both kayak and OC1.

Hockey, football etc. Edit - Just remembered; Buck Buck!

Used to smoke (tobacco and other stuff) and drink a lot.

Edited by ljbrun

I stopped my main "danger" last year when I hung up my cleats and stopped playing football. the year before I broke my arm and 2 fingers.

But I still ride the motorcycle . . .and snowmobile and ride 4 wheelers.

And I hunt . . .

and my wife cooks . . that is risky as hell eating that stuff.

:wacko: maybe I have more than i thought . . . :tup: