[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ochocinco

iMagic10

he was an overrated off-season acquisition from the get-go.. he won't be the second coming of Moss.. Moss still had all the ability before coming to NE.. his problem was being unmotivated and lazy.. Ochocinco has always played hard, but he doesn't have the explosiveness he used to. that's why his numbers dropped in Cincy, and why they won't improve in NE... he's a thin 33 year old receiver who played in a very physical division his entire career.

Any one NE receiver may go cold for a week IMO. Brady just has so many options, it's ridiculous. Still, the fact Brady went for 500+ yards and only 14 to Ochostinko is a bit disturbing. Czar is right on that one pass that he got completely interfered with and no call. He would have had that catch and possibly a TD. So, I'm not letting him go for another couple weeks unless the news out of NE says he is benched or something similar.

The pat's picked him up to be "A physical possession receiver" I'm still trying to figure out what tape they were watching that indicated he could fill that role.

My biggest problem is he tends to shy away from contact and has, over the past two years, developed some serious alligator arms. My guess, is if he can't turn it around in the next let's say 3-4 games he may find himself cut.

From a FF perspective, he's a hold candidate, hope for 2 breakout games, then move him.

Ocho lining up off-side in his first play which resulted in a 41yd play to Gronkowski being wiped out basically got him benched.

He didn't return for a while and was used sparingly after that play. That brain freeze might have been the difference between a 16yd, 0td night and a 65yd, 1td night.

Still, his impact will be low due to the how Brady spreads the ball around, the talent ahead of him including the 2 tight ends, and it appears that Belichick intends to use Slater as more than a special teams player.

Chad has not shown the mental ability to play in this offense. Yet. We shall see if he finds it or not, but his problem right now is mental and not physical. When the Pats went to hurry up there was no way Chad could be on the field as he does not have a full understanding of this offense to know his reads in a hurry up.

you know, i could see NE purposefully deemphasizing him for a week or two and then he explodes in week 3 or 4 with a bunch of catches and yards. it's just like the pats to keep you guessing and mix things up like this on purpose. plus, i wouldn't be surprised if belicheat and brady both want to be sure ocho is put in his place before they would start going to him. to have him know with no doubt that they don't need him and can throw for 500 yards without him. after establishing this, i could see them then opening up and going to him more.

this, or he just sucks.