[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How in the World do the Cowboys beat the Patriots?

Cowboyz1

The more I think about this game the more I feel pretty confident the Pats are going to lose for the first time at home in a long while. I have been hearing how prolific their passing attack is and how Brady is all world this and that. I hear Welker is the best wide reciever since sliced Rice and their two headed TE monster is just too much to handle.

Well, maybe so. Maybe the Patriots are that good. I must conceede that Brady is, well Tom Brady and that in itself is many time enough. He is a great QB with welker being a great WR and throw in a couple of really athletic TE's and you have the making of a pretty dangerous offense.

However, there is one thing that trumps all that spread-em-out and pick-em-apart mumbo jumbo. There's not a QB in the world that I know of that can make a completion on his back.

Now the Patriots historically have out paced their opponents scoring then gang bang the opposing QB while they try to keep up with players like Seymour and Bruschi while at the same time having a secondary that could cover in man to man coverage while their front seven partied.

Now things are a bit different. No longer do the Pats have stand out corners. No longer do they have rangy linebackers. In fact, quick, name me a secondary player for the patriots? Better yet, name me a pass rusher? Ok, a linebacker?

In the first 5 games the Pats have played MIA, SD, BUFF, JETS and OAK. The best pass rush of the three probably the Jets maybe and Brady was sacked 4 times. Buffalo has a pretty spry group and they picked Brady 4 times while he was under pressure. The last time NE lost a big game was against the Giants in the SB and the formula was hit Brady.

NOW is where I explain how the Cowboys win this game. Brady and that O-line will have to contend with the best front they have seen yet. Ware is not going to be blocked one on one. Spencer is there too. Now I give you the slant and quick hitters to the TE may keep the chains moving but sooner or later Brady is gonna what to go deep. That is when he is going to get hit and hit hard.

The Defense of the Cowboys is stopping the run so that doesn't worry me. So Brady is going to be 5 steps off the line of scrimmage and doesn't move all that well. Rob Ryan and his brother Rex are both Patriot haters so you know they were talkin. Now who was it last year that came up with a game plan to beat the mighty Pats. You guessed it. Rob Ryan when he was with Cleveland. Guess what he did it with guys that were not named Ware, or Spencer or Ratliff. He did it with Coleman, and Elam and a bunch of no named guys.

This NE line is good but they have not seen a pass rush like the one their cooking up in Dallas this week.

Now Offensively, we all know how the Romo coaster has gone so there is no need to go into that. But I will tell you this. Romo is ready for this game and I believe we get good Romo on Sunday. Between that and the fact that both Dez and Miles will be on the field together healthy for the first time this year is going to make a hugh difference in this offense for two reasons. One they are both explosive players that are difficult to cover one on one. Secondly, this is the first time they will be together healthy for the whole game. Which means NE really doesn't have a lot of film on this new Offense with both WR starting AND Witten AND a healthy Felix Jones. Felix is the key here. I think he makes a HUGE difference in this game. If NE focuses on Witten and one WR then Felix runs wide on screens and dumps offs because they don't have the LB's that can sniff out the screen like they once had.

Bottomline is this. Romo plays lights out in this one and the Defense just flat out gets it done Sunday. Brady gets sacked 6 times. Cowboys score 38 points and end the Patriots winning streak at home.

This is a defining game for my beloved Cowboys.

Go Cowboys.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I think about this game the more I feel pretty confident the Pats are going to lose for the first time at home in a long while. I have been hearing how prolific their passing attack is and how Brady is all world this and that. I hear Welker is the best wide reciever since sliced Rice and their two headed TE monster is just too much to handle.

Well, maybe so. Maybe the Patriots are that good. I must conceede that Brady is, well Tom Brady and that in itself is many time enough. He is a great QB with welker being a great WR and throw in a couple of really athletic TE's and you have the making of a pretty dangerous offense.

However, there is one thing that trumps all that spread-em-out and pick-em-apart mumbo jumbo. There's not a QB in the world that I know of that can make a completion on his back.

Now the Patriots historically have out paced their opponents scoring then gang bang the opposing QB while they try to keep up with players like Seymour and Bruschi while at the same time having a secondary that could cover in man to man coverage while their front seven partied.

Now things are a bit different. No longer do the Pats have stand out corners. No longer do they have rangy linebackers. In fact, quick, name me a secondary player for the patriots? Better yet, name me a pass rusher? Ok, a linebacker?

In the first 5 games the Pats have played MIA, SD, BUFF, JETS and OAK. The best pass rush of the three probably the Jets maybe and Brady was sacked 4 times. Buffalo has a pretty spry group and they picked Brady 4 times while he was under pressure. The last time NE lost a big game was against the Giants in the SB and the formula was hit Brady.

NOW is where I explain how the Cowboys win this game. Brady and that O-line will have to contend with the best front they have seen yet. Ware is not going to be blocked one on one. Spencer is there too. Now I give you the slant and quick hitters to the TE may keep the chains moving but sooner or later Brady is gonna what to go deep. That is when he is going to get hit and hit hard.

The Defense of the Cowboys is stopping the run so that doesn't worry me. So Brady is going to be 5 steps off the line of scrimmage and doesn't move all that well. Rob Ryan and his brother Rex are both Patriot haters so you know they were talkin. Now who was it last year that came up with a game plan to beat the mighty Pats. You guessed it. Rob Ryan when he was with Cleveland. Guess what he did it with guys that were not named Ware, or Spencer or Ratliff. He did it with Coleman, and Elam and a bunch of no named guys.

This NE line is good but they have not seen a pass rush like the one their cooking up in Dallas this week.

Now Offensively, we all know how the Romo coaster has gone so there is no need to go into that. But I will tell you this. Romo is ready for this game and I believe we get good Romo on Sunday. Between that and the fact that both Dez and Miles will be on the field together healthy for the first time this year is going to make a hugh difference in this offense for two reasons. One they are both explosive players that are difficult to cover one on one. Secondly, this is the first time they will be together healthy for the whole game. Which means NE really doesn't have a lot of film on this new Offense with both WR starting AND Witten AND a healthy Felix Jones. Felix is the key here. I think he makes a HUGE difference in this game. If NE focuses on Witten and one WR then Felix runs wide on screens and dumps offs because they don't have the LB's that can sniff out the screen like they once had.

Bottomline is this. Romo plays lights out in this one and the Defense just flat out gets it done Sunday. Brady gets sacked 6 times. Cowboys score 38 points and end the Patriots winning streak at home.

This is a defining game for my beloved Cowboys.

Go Cowboys.

:tup::wacko: thanks I needed that.

Not a bad synopsis....and to be honest, i think the Cowboys cover the number, and might even be in a position to win it late. But one word keeps me from predicting the upset....and you know it already, and tried to deflect from it as much as you fear it happening again.

Yep, a late pick seals a Patriots 30-28 win.

Not a bad synopsis....and to be honest, i think the Cowboys cover the number, and might even be in a position to win it late. But one word keeps me from predicting the upset....and you know it already, and tried to deflect from it as much as you fear it happening again.

Yep, a late pick seals a Patriots 30-28 win.

lol...the dreaded Romo faux pas at the most inopportune time...could happen. Hope Cowboyz is right though, would like to see it.

As much as I would love to see the Pats lose, it aint gonna happen. Talk about wishful thinking....I don't think Dallas can even kep it close. Belichick will find a way to actually make Ware a liability. Let him come, and dump off passes to his vacated spot, screens and bubble passes. That is how good Belichick is. He does magical things. Brady can execute his schemes. A Dallas loss is in the offing, and no amount of optomistic homerism is going to change that. Nice try though.

FWIW Mayo is out wherethefugowie...i believe it was a sprained MCL...so stop saying "we" when referring to the Patriots.

But to Cowboyz1.........this just isn't going to happen. If the Cowboys blitz every down Brady will burn them over and over to the point where either the Patriots score 70 (exaggeration) or the Cowboys stop blitzing and play more conservatively.

And you don't think Romo is gonna make some mistakes again? Your acting like he can just shred up a defense like Brady but he can't. McCourty, Dowling, and Arrington aren't slouches and Chung and Bodden both are solid cover guys...

It'll be a close game to the 4th quarter, then Romo will make some dumb decisions and the Pats will cover 7 points...

The real difference is obviously at Coach and QB and overall winning experience. If Dallas could get a winning mindset of doing everything it takes to prepare and execute, then Dallas would be a favorite. But, those habbits are not formed from just "being there". It takes winners in the locker room to show the others how to prepare to win. Dallas finally has that in a coach and it will be a matter of time before Garrett instills that in his players, Romo included. I am reminded of how Kurt Warner broughtwinning to AZ, a franchise who did not know how to win nor do what it takes all year to be winners. Guys like Dez seem to be more worried about numbers or self glory rather than winning. When those egos are brought down to Earth (usually after being beaten by teams like New England it starts to sink in) then Dallas may have a chance at real success, but until then they will never be respected.

The only guy on Dallas that has a ring is Garrett. It will be all for one and the sooner Dallas realizes this the better they come together as a team. Some are just happy to have a star on their helmet, but we need those guys to be hungry for winning.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

The real difference is obviously at Coach and QB and overall winning experience. If Dallas could get a winning mindset of doing everything it takes to prepare and execute, then Dallas would be a favorite. But, those habbits are not formed from just "being there". It takes winners in the locker room to show the others how to prepare to win. Dallas finally has that in a coach and it will be a matter of time before Garrett instills that in his players, Romo included. I am reminded of how Kurt Warner broughtwinning to AZ, a franchise who did not know how to win nor do what it takes all year to be winners. Guys like Dez seem to be more worried about numbers or self glory rather than winning. When those egos are brought down to Earth (usually after being beaten by teams like New England it starts to sink in) then Dallas may have a chance at real success, but until then they will never be respected.

The only guy on Dallas that has a ring is Garrett. It will be all for one and the sooner Dallas realizes this the better they come together as a team. Some are just happy to have a star on their helmet, but we need those guys to be hungry for winning.

Good point about the winning mindset, and the comparison to what Kurt Warner did in AZ. I was watching part of the special on Warner on NFLN and he was talking about how Fitz told him he's good and was happy with that. Warner asked if he didn't want to be one of (or) the best, and then pushed him to improve and worked with him. I'm not sure if a coach alone can do that in a team.

But that isn't going to happen quickly (before the Pats game). I wouldn't say the Cowboys have no chance, but on the road against the Pats offense, with Romo still having his moments of whackiness, I don't see how the Cowboys win.

I believe Dallas is creative enough to find yet another way to lose a game.

:tup: , gee thanks. let's see, Romo has already done a botched hold on a FG, two pick 6s back to back in the 2nd half among other various INTs, fumbled a snap on a final drive - the only way he is a hero is if he breaks a rib.

Since Romo has exhausted all his resources, I guess you are saying it is up to the special teams on this one? Maybe a blocked punt late or a returned kick/punt for a TD :wacko::lol: Thanks for getting me to jinx this whole thing :rofl:

btw: this is intended to be a reverse mojo and not a jinx. maybe the Pats could make a mistake, for once and we could blame it on Gisele :rofl:

Dallas strength is defending the run, so expect another huge game for brady welker and company. The Pats weakness is their weakness in general, especially against the pass, so Romo will need to really be on top of his game to keep up with brady. As Romo tends to make more mistakes than brady i expect that to be the deciding factor in this high scoring shootout.

:tup: , gee thanks. let's see, Romo has already done a botched hold on a FG, two pick 6s back to back in the 2nd half among other various INTs, fumbled a snap on a final drive - the only way he is a hero is if he breaks a rib.

Since Romo has exhausted all his resources, I guess you are saying it is up to the special teams on this one? Maybe a blocked punt late or a returned kick/punt for a TD :wacko::lol: Thanks for getting me to jinx this whole thing :rofl:

btw: this is intended to be a reverse mojo and not a jinx. maybe the Pats could make a mistake, for once and we could blame it on Gisele :rofl:

Is he a captain? Maybe he could screw up the election after the coin toss so that the Pats recieve to start both halfs. Maybe he could call a fourth time out at the end of the game taking them out of range for a game winning field goal. Perhaps he could violate the rule for standing far enough out of the field of play on a kick off such that he negates a return for touchdown taking the wind out of his team. There are avenues he has yet to explore is all I am saying. He is creative and certainly can come up with something.