[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need some prayers...

rocknrobn26

My Godson ( a second cousin actually but his mom and I are like sis & bro) and his wife had a beautiful girl (Landry) born on 11/04/2011. She had some problems at birth, inhaled some fluids, but they pretty much resolved that. Last Saturday she was vomiting bile and has severe diarrhea. They took her to the ER at the birthing hospital, but after 2-3 days decided they couldn't handle it :wacko: (took you 2-3 days to figger that out???)and sent her to Children's Memorial in Chi (very good hospital). They are staying at my daughter's condo so they can be close to Landry. She was 8#'s and now she's 6#'s :tup: ! I'm worried. They have a gastro guy coming tomorrow.

So any prayers, good wishes, etc. will be greatly appreciated.

TIA

rr26

Doc,

Please issue any advice that you can.

Edited by rocknrobn26

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the positive vibes I can muster up are coming your way Tom. Best of luck, keep us informed.

Sending them the best of vibes and will keep them in my thoughts. Everyone is different. I am a pacer and I didn't want to talk to anyone and when I did, I wanted conversation limited to small talk as I was mentally overloaded.. My experience in the PICU was that most people are talkers. I always have the same advice for you my friend - be yourself, you will know what to do. Keep us updated.

many prayers sent for guiding the doctors and nurses hands--maybe like the baby of a friend of a friend I recently heard about-inhlation of meconium and an intestinal blockage. I feel everything will be fine, all can be corrected from what I heard. One of my sisters babies had like an inch or so of intestines or maybe colon?? removed at birth because it was necrotic spelling? Boy recovered quickly & is perfectly healthy 10 yr-old:) I believe in my heart the doctors can fix this and the baby will be just fine. Take care friend:))