[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Unimportant signings that don't need their own thread

Papajohn

Green bay Packers sign center Jeff Saturday . . . . :blink:

Great signing. He's got a couple of good years left, and GB drafts his heir apparent this year to play guard while learning how to play C from a very good one - I'm thinking that late first rounder may end up being Konz. This is a bigger signing than it looks on paper.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Great signing. He's got a couple of good years left, and GB drafts his heir apparent this year to play guard while learning how to play C from a very good one - I'm thinking that late first rounder may end up being Konz. This is a bigger signing than it looks on paper.

I am surprised that the packers were in the running and actually signed a free agent that will start immediately.

I'm surprised Saturday didn't retire, but probably being able to sign with GB made the diff.

I just read that he hasn't allowed more than 2 sacks in any season in the past 4 seasons. I've always loved watching him, especially after I saw the footage of he and Manning getting into it over running V passing the ball.

Man, I'm not so sure. He really struggled in 2010. Last year, he was average at best. He really gets blown off the ball a lot more than he used to. I'm surprised he found a new gig. It might be like Kruetz last year . . . move to a new team, but really doesn't pan out.

Curtis Lofton to the Saints.

Why did the Falcons let this guy get away?

Wow, almost worthy of its own thread. HUGH signing by the Saints - get a great player, hurt a division rival, cover yourself against Vilma's risk, eventual main man in the middle.

Vikings sign CB Zack Bowman,.

Bowman spent the last four seasons in Chicago. He intercepted six passes for the Bears in 2009.

At one point Bowman was elevated to the Bears' No. 1 cornerback position, however, he lost his job early in 2010 and ended up playing sparingly the past two years as Tim Jennings emerged as the regular full-time starter opposite Charles Tillman. Bowman did remain a strong contributor on special teams, where he finished tied for fifth on the Bears in 2011 with 10 special teams tackles.

The Vikings and Bears play similar defenses, which made Minnesota a logical landing spot for the 6-foot-1 defensive back.

Bowman spent the last four seasons in Chicago. He intercepted six passes for the Bears in 2009.

At one point Bowman was elevated to the Bears' No. 1 cornerback position, however, he lost his job early in 2010 and ended up playing sparingly the past two years as Tim Jennings emerged as the regular full-time starter opposite Charles Tillman. Bowman did remain a strong contributor on special teams, where he finished tied for fifth on the Bears in 2011 with 10 special teams tackles.

The Vikings and Bears play similar defenses, which made Minnesota a logical landing spot for the 6-foot-1 defensive back.

direct link

:lol:

I realize he was a cheap sign, but when was the last time Manning has had a quality b/u??

I think Hanie is a great signing. When he played under the Martz system, he failed, but so did Cutler for that matter. I think Hanie is a better value pick than people give him credit for.

Wow. Does this hurt Danny Amendola's ff value in the slot?

Probably not IMO. Between his recovery from a nasty injury to the strong probability of bringing in a weapon-type WR to the number of similar receivers already on the roster there are enough things that could impact him. If he were a stock he'd be a Hold rating anyway. This just gives us one more factor to consider while holding. If he's the SS impact of old, then yes it hurts him a lot, but it's got potential to be a snoozer as well.

Wow. Does this hurt Danny Amendola's ff value in the slot?

He didn't look good last year. Granted, he was still coming off the surgery, but he could barely get seperation. And Amendola,l for what there was, was the best receiver on that team. I don't see much issue, but who knows. I'd personally avoid both, lol.

He didn't look good last year. Granted, he was still coming off the surgery, but he could barely get seperation. And Amendola,l for what there was, was the best receiver on that team. I don't see much issue, but who knows. I'd personally avoid both, lol.

You think amendola is Bette than Brandon Lloyd?

Vikings sign CB Zack Bowman,.

The fact that Tim Jennings beat anyone out for a starting spot still blows my mind. The dude was horrible in Indy.