[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Unimportant signings that don't need their own thread

Papajohn

Dallas is finally signing some help. Carr is sorely needed and Vickers may pan out. Not to mention Orton as a back up QB. Pool and Dan Connor along with Bernadeau are rounding out some sensibilty for GM Jerry.

Vickers is a very good blocking FB, he helped Jamal Lewis have a very productive season (1300 yds in 07) and was a big part of Hillis big season in 2010.

B)

Nothing wrong with a little embellishment.

Although I belive that the presence of a fullback has an overrated effect in a team's overall run game, my chief problem is that they continue to recognize it as a position worthy of a All-Pro, and to lesser extent, Pro Bowl, designation.

Well, if they have an All-Pro PUNTER....

Chargers bring brack C Whitehurst.

Seattle may have moved back in the 2nd and traded a 3rd for Whitehurst, but no-one has every looked so studly holding a clipboard.

Seattle has re-signed DT Red Bryant and FB Michael Robinson to go along with Marshawn Lynch.

Both are Pro Bowlers, but Myers re-signs with Houston, Scott Wells to the Rams. The top two centers are gone.

In Ted we trust.

Bad move for Wells as he will not taste success again before he fades out of the league. Bad move for the Packers as he knows their offense and is worth more in Green Bay than anywhere else. It is a shame Wells over valued himself. It is a shame that some teams over value free agents mostly because they are bored and want to feel they have accomplished something in the unimportant month of March.

Yes Wells will get paid somewhat better in St. Louis than he would have in Green Bay this year, and perhaps next. The thing is he will find himself cut after his second or third year and signed nowhere else since he is an undersized and increasinlgy aging center from a non-playoff team. In Green Bay he would have had accolades, seen success, and would have stuck through the 4th year of his contract and maybe been kept around at a renegotiated salary for his 5th year.

Short term gain, long term financial loss. All because he worked overtime at feeling disrespected.

No matter. The man is entitled to his feelings and his life. Best of luck Mr. Wells. Thanks for your service.

Carr is a good player.

Vickers is a very good blocking FB, he helped Jamal Lewis have a very productive season (1300 yds in 07) and was a big part of Hillis big season in 2010.

added LG Livings from Cincy today

I feel good about what the Cowboys are doing. Looks like we are setting ourselves up to be able to draft the best player on the board rather than just for need.

Bad move for Wells as he will not taste success again before he fades out of the league. Bad move for the Packers as he knows their offense and is worth more in Green Bay than anywhere else. It is a shame Wells over valued himself. It is a shame that some teams over value free agents mostly because they are bored and want to feel they have accomplished something in the unimportant month of March.

Yes Wells will get paid somewhat better in St. Louis than he would have in Green Bay this year, and perhaps next. The thing is he will find himself cut after his second or third year and signed nowhere else since he is an undersized and increasinlgy aging center from a non-playoff team. In Green Bay he would have had accolades, seen success, and would have stuck through the 4th year of his contract and maybe been kept around at a renegotiated salary for his 5th year.

Short term gain, long term financial loss. All because he worked overtime at feeling disrespected.

No matter. The man is entitled to his feelings and his life. Best of luck Mr. Wells. Thanks for your service.

Well I see the initial reports of a 24 million dollar deal over 6 years have been changed to 24 million over 4 years. Under that formula Wells likely did the right thing. Childlishly butt hurt or not over the Packers making him, a late round pick who is undersized, compete for a job, his offer from the Rams is likely significantly more than the Packers were willing to go. Taking the money and toiling in obscurity for the remainder of his career is a move I can respect from a family man.

Well I see the initial reports of a 24 million dollar deal over 6 years have been changed to 24 million over 4 years. Under that formula Wells likely did the right thing. Childlishly butt hurt or not over the Packers making him, a late round pick who is undersized, compete for a job, his offer from the Rams is likely significantly more than the Packers were willing to go. Taking the money and toiling in obscurity for the remainder of his career is a move I can respect from a family man.

Childishly butt hurt? I can't blame him for feeling disrespected, nor can I blame Ted Thomson for not wanting to give up that kind of money for a center, not with extensions looming for Jennings, Matthews, Raji, and Rdogers. I guess I don't see fault in Thomspon, nor Wells actions. Some times it's just time to move on.

Very intrigued to see what this guy can do in the featured TE role. The Giants say they think highly of him, yet he was overshadowed by Witten in Dallas and a 1-year deal doesn't exactly scream confidence. Obviously there was a gaping hole at TE so he'll be given every opportunity to show what he's got.

He wasn't overshadowed by Witten. He's stiff who can't block or catch. He can run in a straight line fairly fast for his size without the football, though. Congrats on the signing.

what's up with that? Redman, Dwyer, et al. aren't good enough to hold on while Mendy recovers?

Maybe looking for him to take Mewelde's position? Tolbert is younger and a more bruising runner as well as a threat in the passing game.

Seattle may have moved back in the 2nd and traded a 3rd for Whitehurst, but no-one has every looked so studly holding a clipboard.

Seattle has re-signed DT Red Bryant and FB Michael Robinson to go along with Marshawn Lynch.

Leinert has a better profile.

bushwacked

Posted Yesterday, 07:02 PM

Seattle signs DT Jason Jones

http://profootballta...th-jason-jones/

Bryant, Mebane, Branch, and Jones is an impressive quartet of DTs...now about that premier edge rusher...

Thanks! .... I am drafting for Seattle in the mock draft. Inofrmation greatly appricated.