[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Words With Friends Tourney II

muck

I think Dirty Sanchez just gave me a Cleveland Steamer. still plenty of tiles to go, but he is up 163-109 with 49 to go in one game, I am up 117-92 with 55 to go in the other, but feel like I am playing more defense in that one.

In that second game, I'm just trying to survive bad racks. I swapped 4 tiles with a rack full of vowels and got 3 vowels back.

Please post when matches are final, and I'll update the "bracket." So far, other than my wife, I'm not sure if anyone has advanced... Maybe DMD (although I'm not sure if BFD was saying that he was beaten by him twice, or just once)?

Me & Whomp are going toe-to-toe in the third. 268-267 with 11 letters left. After both of us came out swinging haymakers we've settled into a defensive battle. With the bell only clicks away though we're both searching for that knockout punch. :boxing:

Puddy's the man!!!! I learned some new words I'll throw down when I get a chance in future games---like "sidh" lol!!! Good luck all. I'll play again if another tourney comes up:))

Yeah....I also learned "sidh" as that was a plug and pray situation. Luckily for me it was the last word of the game.

Oh and Scooby also played words I don't remember seeing....dexie, dovened, cental...she's got quite the vocabulary....and a penchant for cussing an opponent out when things are tight :lol:

Edited by Puddy
  • Like 1

Me & Whomp are going toe-to-toe in the third. 268-267 with 11 letters left. After both of us came out swinging haymakers we've settled into a defensive battle. With the bell only clicks away though we're both searching for that knockout punch. :boxing:

:lol: Troof. We are jabbing now. Im up 326-320 with 5 tiles left ! Good luck Rajn

Yeah....I also learned "sidh" as that was a plug and pray situation. Luckily for me it was the last word of the game.

Oh and Scooby also played words I don't remember seeing....dexie, dovened, cental...she's got quite the vocabulary....and a penchant for cussing an opponent out when things are tight :lol:

lol!! it starts out with minor expletives dang, turns to damn, with turns to bitch, which turns to $hit, which turns to eff!! lol!!

I think Dirty Sanchez just gave me a Cleveland Steamer. still plenty of tiles to go, but he is up 163-109 with 49 to go in one game, I am up 117-92 with 55 to go in the other, but feel like I am playing more defense in that one.

I think rhipens is about to slap me with a 'hot carl' :blink: back and forth right now, will let yall know the outcome when done.

Going down to the score cards... The judges have it 356-334 for rajncajn! :yay:

That was a great finish Whomp. :clap:

Nice win bro. Good luck the rest of the way. I had a nice play lined up for my next move but you ended the game on me :glare: That was a great battle from start to finish. Well played Rajn :clap:

Seattle LawDawg just beat me two in a row ...

SLD 429

Muck 419 (the margin of difference is the score of the tiles remaining in my rack)

SLD 396

Muck 339 (closer than the score suggests)

==> He routinely stole my places with huge words. In one game, he played a 135pt word where I was getting ready to play an 84pt word ... then later in the same game, he played (iirc) a 30-ish pointer where I was going to play a 50-ish pointer. Those swings were just too much to overcome. Whomever gets SLD next is in for a tough game.

I think I sent a chat to everyone I am playing, but my wife has my Ipad today to use it as a credit card reader for a school function, so I will not be making any plays until tonight. Sanchez is playing great, he keeps putting me in spos where my only decent play would leave a triple word hanging there, so I find myself being on the defensive a lot more than I like.