[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Words With Friends Tourney II

muck

Game 1:

Gopher 406

MV 275

Game 2:

MV 339

Gopher 336

Game 2 was as close as I've seen. I was holding the Q, Z, and FOUR I's with just a few tiles left... down by about 30. Decided to take a chance and swap out two of the I's, and it nearly paid off. Was able to play SIZE for a triple word, then took a 9-point lead with NICETY for another triple. Had one tile left, when MV played his final two tiles (R and D) to spell BIRD, and won by 3 (with me left holding a single E). Crazy. Great game, Mike.

Rubber match tomorrow....

Meanwhile, my wife is across the room, cursing under her breath about Matt playing JUBA or something of the sort. :lol:

219 pt swing (SLD got 135, keeping me from playing 84pts). After being way up (and going for the kill), I'm down by 40 now.

I'm up 3pts in the other.

Edited by muck

Game 1:

Gopher 406

MV 275

Game 2:

MV 339

Gopher 336

Game 2 was as close as I've seen. I was holding the Q, Z, and FOUR I's with just a few tiles left... down by about 30. Decided to take a chance and swap out two of the I's, and it nearly paid off. Was able to play SIZE for a triple word, then took a 9-point lead with NICETY for another triple. Had one tile left, when MV played his final two tiles (R and D) to spell BIRD, and won by 3 (with me left holding a single E). Crazy. Great game, Mike.

Rubber match tomorrow....

Meanwhile, my wife is across the room, cursing under her breath about Matt playing JUBA or something of the sort. :lol:

You win.by a thousand and I win by three sounds about right. Wow I almost took my chances with you holding more than just one point left on your rack.

Gopher is a good player and I like, unless you're his opponent, how he places his big point tiles on the edges do you can't use them. I might learn a few more tricks from him yet.

She is schooling me bigtime with some of her words. So far she's played:

FLOOIE

LOUIS

OUZEL

PIKA

AMIA

IMPERIA

In one game I'm toast, and in the other we're tied with a few letters left. Looks like I may be done in the first round this time.

bp and I are no-doubt headed for a tiebreaker...each of us is up 100+ on the other in games 1 & 2. Unless someone can play a 7-letter word over a TW space, neither of us is going to catch the other.

i almost tied up one game (behind by 3 points!!) with 4 tiles left, and I am ahead by 85 in the other with 14 tiles left. Both these games will go down to the wire, IMO. big scores being played by both sides now!

She is schooling me bigtime with some of her words. So far she's played:

FLOOIE

LOUIS

OUZEL

PIKA

AMIA

IMPERIA

In one game I'm toast, and in the other we're tied with a few letters left. Looks like I may be done in the first round this time.

That's why I pretty much gave her the :rolleyes: when she mentioned you playing a word she hadn't heard of. I'm very familiar with her game, and it's a big part of the reason she usually beats me. She's very good at these word games, though... She recently convinced me to play "Hanging with Friends" and "Scramble with Friends (basically the phone versions of Hangman and Boggle) with her, and consistently schools me in those as well. I've beaten her the the Hangman game (I think), but haven't come close in the Scramble game.

So, she's somewhat of a WWF ringer, I guess.

Mrs. Gopher 425

matt770 341

Mrs. Gopher 431

matt770 420

Can't wait to see how she does vs. the likes of dug and grunge. She should go on the Scrabble pro tour with that vocabulary! :tup:

Sorry, man... Probably not a very fair draw for the defending champ. If I had been thinking, I should have paired her up with someone else (other than myself). ;)

(this is code for "i think she cheats")

:lol: I know she doesn't use any sort of app or website, or anything like that. What I don't know is how often she tries a hundred different letter combinations, before finding something that "sticks."

I played alot of scrabble on FB but not with many different players. My wife and I would constantly play 2 or 3 games at a time and it was always very close. We stopped a few months ago, but now we're back with the Words with Friends. She can be tough because she's trained in Orton-Gillingham approach to reading and knows all the rules of which letters would work together and which ones wouldn't. I usually hit more on the strategy side.