[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rate My Groceries!

MrFancyPants

12 team, full re-draft league. I picked 3rd.

Round 1: Baby Back Ribs - After seeing the expected taken off the board (Beer with the 1st pick, and Steak with the 2nd) I opted to quickly take the second best meat available. Last year, I opted to skip drafting a meat in round one and will never make the mistake again, as I was left with only Beefalo and Slim Jims as my 1st and 2nd meat by the time I got around to drafting them. Obviously, it was a very long season.

Round 2: Mashed Potatoes. I toyed with the idea of taking Kung Pao Chicken here, knowing what a premium the meat position is (pork chops were drafted already or I would have taken them) However, with Baked Potato (1.9), Potatoes Au Gratin (1.11), and French Fries (2.1) already off the board, there was an obvious run on starch, and I did not want to get stuck with a Rice Pilaf or an Olive Bread as my starch.

Round 3: Hard Cider: Probably waited too long to draft a drink. With Beer (1.1), Scotch (1.5), Red Wine (2.3) and Margaritas (3.2) all gone at this point, I opted to go with Hard Cider. This, I believe, is an undervalued sleeper pick. I may regret not taking Gin Martini here – but I sometimes you just have to go with your gut. Hard Cider will certainly perform better than the other options still available (White wine, Mexican Coke, Vodka tonic)

Round 4: Caesar Salad: Was really hoping to get broccoli here, but the owner just in front of me took it (don’t you hate that!) I considered Green Beans or Snap Peas, but decided to go with the consistent performer, very safe pick, good vegetable value in round 4.

Round five coming up – I am either going with my second meat (duck is still available, as is Dried Genoa Salami) but run the risk of missing out on any decent desert if I wait any longer (Cheesecake (4.5) and Apple Pie (4.7) are gone, naturally. So is, Boston Cream Pie (3.2), but that guy is such a homer, took it waaaaay too early.

What do you all think? How am I doing so far? What should I take in round five?

• Like 1

I think a nice roasted asparagus goes well there. But if the bannanas foster hasn't been snapped up that might be a good way to round out the lineup. There are plenty of veggies you could platoon if you don't get a tier 1. :shrug:

OK, fess up. Who's alias? :lol:

The ribs were a steal but I don't drink. I'd have teaken peas in the 4th. I think you go desert in the 5th, given the number of picks between your 5th and 6th. I'd probably go fruit in the 6th unless beats slide.

Good luck.

Thanks for the advise guys, knew I could count on you. Based on the feedbackI took Bananas Foster in the 5th.

weige:I find I can usually get salted butter really late, like in the 10th round, saves me a roster spot.

Edited by MrFancyPants