[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Percy Harvin

Per rotoworld.com:

Updating previous items, the Vikings have acquired the 25th overall pick, a 2013 seventh-rounder, and a middle-round pick in 2014 in the Percy Harvin trade.

Jeff Ireland wishes he could trade as well as Rick Spielman; the Dolphins traded Brandon Marshall last offseason for two third-rounders, one of which Ireland blew on obvious TE bust Michael Egnew. The Vikings now have four picks in the top 83 this year: Nos. 23, 25, 52, and 83. It's also conceivable that Spielman has already struck an under-the-table deal with a free agent like Greg Jennings.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Hmmm... maybe this will motivate 49ers to be more aggressive in pursuing Revis.....

I STILL don't get all the hype about Revis? Dude's a good corner, but he's just that, a corner. And he's coming off surgery. A cornerback is not as important as an QB or even a pass rusher. They're not very close to the ball. So, you take away one receiver. Most teams have numerous threats at WR. Unsure if I was pursuing him I'd even offer a 2nd.

I STILL don't get all the hype about Revis? Dude's a good corner, but he's just that, a corner. And he's coming off surgery. A cornerback is not as important as an QB or even a pass rusher. They're not very close to the ball. So, you take away one receiver. Most teams have numerous threats at WR. Unsure if I was pursuing him I'd even offer a 2nd.

Actually cornerback is becoming an increasingly important position with the NFL becoming more pass-happy, and especially a guy like Revis who can handle elite WRs without help.

How do you think Ryan has been able to dial up all of these exotic blitzes? Because you can bring more pressure from more places when you have a corner that you can rely on to take away their biggest threat (and he's pretty damn good at jumping the route and intercepting the ball).

If he's 100%, there's no doubt he's worth it.

• Like 1

while i like revis quite a bit, i would have reservations about the 9ers going after him in particular due to the injury. not sure how much of the playoffs you watched but a major problem area they need to address is giving up big plays to wr's.

Work / local chatter = loving this trade ... and there's STILL hope (maybe it's misguided) that the Vikes will pursue Fitzgerald to come home, especially with a pair of 1st round picks in their pocket. There's also talks of going after Wallace, at least water cooler chatter.

As a Harvin owner in a dynasty league, I'm pretty happy. He's still going to get the ball a lot.

Let me preface this by saying it's JUST a rumor on local (Phoenix, AZ) sports radio, but now that the Vikings have two first round picks, there's chatter that Minny is talking to Arizona about a potential trade to bring Larry Fitzgerald back home to Minnessota. JUST a rumor - can't find anything online... yet.

As a Seahawk homer I don't like this trade for several reasons:

1) I'm not convinced he's durable enough, as he plays a rather reckless style. (Maybe, just maybe, having him screw me on three different fantasy teams colors my opinion in regard to durability, but I can handle him screwing my fantasy teams. I just can't handle him screwing my rl team.)

2) I think he's a head case. So he was unhappy with his QB and his contract. Now he's got Wilson and will have a shiny, new, 10 million dollar per year contract, but he'll find some other reason to be unhappy. Just watch when he's not getting 10 targets per game(which he won't get in Seattle). The dude needs to grow up, just not while sitting on the Seahawk sideline hurt and making 10 mil per year. The Seahawks have great team chemistry. Why spoil it with a malcontent.

3) I think the Seahawks have bigger needs than a prima donna WR, mainly defensive line(both end and tackle). If they were to get a WR, I was hoping for a bigger receiver for when Sidney Rice's next injury happens. Overall I think the price was too high, considering the rumored 3rd round pick that's included in the trade.

Edited by Tripleshot
  • Like 1

Now who do I keep as one of my 3 keepers?

Cam Newton

Ray Rice

Percy Harvin

Demaryius Thomas

Rob Gronkowski

Without knowing your scoiring system, I have no idea.