[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WHOA! New Schedule has bye weeks... in weeks 11 and 12!

DMD

Just starting to look at it on NFL.com who has it first in a horribly hard to view way.

Week 12 - BUF, CIN, PHI and SEA on bye (love that in big $ contests that use week 12 to produce the league championship)/

Week 11 - DAL and STL

In the FFPC they do 11 week regular seasons and playoffs are weeks 12 and 13...going to change a lot for these leagues. At $350 or $1,650 do you want to draft guys that won't help you in the playoffs ? Though the championship round is weeks 14-16 for the big prize $100,000 to $250,000 of course you need to make it to that round to win.

Just starting to look at it on NFL.com who has it first in a horribly hard to view way.

Week 12 - BUF, CIN, PHI and SEA on bye (love that in big $ contests that use week 12 to produce the league championship)/

Week 11 - DAL and STL

Agree.

I wish they'd show the full schedule in a grid.

Agree.

I wish they'd show the full schedule in a grid.

nfl.com for a good while has insisted on larding every page with excessive javascript and/or videos. Nor the place to go if you want simple-to-understand text-only information.

Why can't they just have the same amount of teams on bye each week? There are 2 teams on bye some weeks, 4 on others and 6 on some as well.

I was reading a discussion of the schedule by some geeky guys that work on mock schedules and discuss the schedule at great length. They suspect the byes are getting spread out more as a way to handle some of the other scheduling issues, which keep being made more complicated each year.

It does suck to have so many weeks with only 2 teams on byes, then othes with 6.

I was reading a discussion of the schedule by some geeky guys that work on mock schedules and discuss the schedule at great length. They suspect the byes are getting spread out more as a way to handle some of the other scheduling issues, which keep being made more complicated each year.

It does suck to have so many weeks with only 2 teams on byes, then othes with 6.

What are the other scheduling issues?

See article below at CBSSportsline, as background info:

http://www.cbssports...cience-part-art

Good article. I gave it a quick review. There are also things like

- new Thursday night game requirements - "every team will play on a Thursday following a Sunday game" and also something about travel, no more than one or maybe two time zones, so no west coast to east coast on a short week

- last week all divisional games

I'm sure there are many more things that go into it. As the article points out, nobody has it in for anybody else. On top of the rules you have all the preferences of teams, and the desires of the NFL broadcasters. A mock schedule could look great, until you find a week that has all games broadcast on CBS/Fox as terrible matchup (the good ones are on primetime, the other network or on bye).