[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bills response to loss.

skylive5

How different can he be considered after two games? I do not think I have ever seen anything like that. TWO GAMES? Sounds like someone is doing some damage control to his own job.

I'd seriously consider bailing on all Buffalo players now...this season is going to get ugly.

The Sporting News' Alex Marvez reports the Bills' front office forced coach Rex Ryan to fire OC Greg Roman as a "sacrificial lamb" following Thursday night's embarrassing home loss to the Jets.
Per Marvez, the front office "leaned on" Rex to make a "significant change" in hopes of "appeasing a disgruntled fan base." Ryan couldn't fire himself -- and certainly wouldn't fire his brother Rob -- so he fired Roman, who took the Bills' offense from No. 26 in offensive DVOA in 2014 to No. 9 in 2015, and scored 24 points Thursday night against a tough Jets defense. Meanwhile, Rex's defense finished No. 24 in DVOA in 2015 after ranking No. 2 under Jim Schwartz in 2014, and coughed up 37 points at home to the Jets. Marvez also confirms Rex himself "is feeling the heat" following an 0-2 start. The Bills are set up to start 0-4 with the Cardinals and Patriots next on the schedule. Sep 16 - 3:58 PM

Rotoworld

I'd seriously consider bailing on all Buffalo players now...this season is going to get ugly.

Rotoworld

Wow that is seriously (the really bad word)ed up. They forced him to fire the OC, to appease the fan base? After 2 games?

If true that says a lot (nothing positive) about the management of that team. If I'm a player I'm on the phone to my agent telling them to find a way to trade me.

And people laugh at the Browns

My bad, was thinking it was these guy's first year in BUF, not second. That made the firing extra crazy, and had me making the final statement (which I retract, since Browns deserve it)

Edited by stevegrab

Jets 37 Bills 31. So the response is to fire the OC. Sounds reasonable to me.

Same old Rex Ryan story....

the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round

the wheels on the bus go round and round and roll over anyone Rex Ryan throws under!

Next up to be tossed under the Rex Ryan bus: ... Bills GM Whaley (will be sh!t-canned as another Rex excuse sometime before January 31st.)

Same old Rex Ryan story....

the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round

the wheels on the bus go round and round and roll over anyone Rex Ryan throws under!

Next up to be tossed under the Rex Ryan bus: ... Bills GM Whaley (will be sh!t-canned as another Rex excuse sometime before January 31st.)

If that happens it is on ownership, or is Rex higher on the org chart than GM?

Of course hiring Rex is on ownership to begin with.

ETA more on the Bills situation

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/17/rex-ryan-greg-roman-divorce-was-long-overdue/

Edited by stevegrab