[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IT'S OVER - JOE BIDEN IS PRESIDENT ELECT!!

irish

2 hours ago, rajncajn said:

That's exactly the point of repealing Roe v Wade. The PEOPLE from each state get to choose what they want for THEIR state.

Now,  name me a state,  period,  where abortion has been outlawed. 

First off no the PEOPLE do not get to decide, the elected representatives are doing that. And in states where it is heavily restricted a majority of citizens may not actually support that. They just voted R and got the end result. Look at the vote in Kansas. If abortion rights up through some reasonable term (first trimester) were put on every state ballot I bet we'd have far less restrictions than now (or coming in the near future). Maybe you heard about the 10 year old rape victim in Ohio that needed to go to Indiana to legally get an abortion, since she was a few days beyond the very short limit. 

Second, why do you jump in and completely ignore the comment I was responding to. I asked why the GOP is against abortion since it would mean fewer Democrats, since the view is they get all the abortions, instead of using birth control. Snooki says "its your people in power". That's just flat out stupid, and it has nothing to do with states choosing, just moronic Trump style BS. Yes I used some hyperbole, abortion may not be entirely illegal in any US state, but let's not pretend that isn't the plan in many red states. 

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

As am I. I thought the whole thing was a joke. However,  I understand the reason he got elected and I believe that is because a lot of Americans have been sick of the cycle of special interst and SELF interst politicians that we've had for most of our voting lifetimes now. Many saw him as a necessary change. I agreed and still agree with the necessary change, I just don't agree Trump was a healthy change.

Trump was not about change, he was about being angry, hating everybody not like him. That appealed to a lot of Americans fed up with various things that they think threatened their survival. Most of it complete garbage, like Sharia law is going to take over America. 

There was no chance he was going to make any healthy change, sad that millions believed it not just once, but a second time, after seeing him operate for 4 years. I honestly think many of his ardent supporter just love that he "owns the liberals". Its just a game to them. 

7 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Trump was not about change, he was about being angry, hating everybody not like him. That appealed to a lot of Americans fed up with various things that they think threatened their survival. Most of it complete garbage, like Sharia law is going to take over America. 

There was no chance he was going to make any healthy change, sad that millions believed it not just once, but a second time, after seeing him operate for 4 years. I honestly think many of his ardent supporter just love that he "owns the liberals". Its just a game to them. 

jack-nicholson-leonardo-di-caprio.gif

18 hours ago, stevegrab said:

First off no the PEOPLE do not get to decide, the elected representatives are doing that.

First off, how do you think elected representatives get elected:blink: If they don't represent the majority of the voters in their districts then they don't get elected. Furthermore, how does that differ from how it works otherwise? 

And in states where it is heavily restricted a majority of citizens may not actually support that. They just voted R and got the end result. Look at the vote in Kansas.

If a majority of citizens feel that strongly about wanting abortion then they should vote accordingly. Why do you assume they "may not" support it? What if they do? Then it's YOU who are fighting against what the people of MY state and other states voted for. I couldn't care less what Kansas wants. It's not my state, it's not my business.

If abortion rights up through some reasonable term (first trimester) were put on every state ballot I bet we'd have far less restrictions than now (or coming in the near future).

Maybe we would, maybe we wouldn't. Again, that's the point of repealing Roe. Each state now has the opportunity to choose what's best for them and the people of those states have more of a direct say over what they want. They are not subject to what the federal government and people from other states decides for them.

Maybe you heard about the 10 year old rape victim in Ohio that needed to go to Indiana to legally get an abortion, since she was a few days beyond the very short limit. 

You're talking about the one who went to another state and got the abortion? Yes, I'm pretty certain you mentioned her on more than one occasion. Maybe Ohio needs to work on their laws.

Second, why do you jump in and completely ignore the comment I was responding to.

Because I'm capable...

I asked why the GOP is against abortion since it would mean fewer Democrats, since the view is they get all the abortions, instead of using birth control. Snooki says "its your people in power". That's just flat out stupid, and it has nothing to do with states choosing, just moronic Trump style BS. Yes I used some hyperbole, abortion may not be entirely illegal in any US state, but let's not pretend that isn't the plan in many red states. 

To be fair, it was an equally hyperbolic and myopic question seeded in emotion rather than fact. Again, name the states where abortion is outlawed and while you're at it, name the GOP members who have said they want to completely ban abortion. Different people have different values when it comes to abortion, but as you stated earlier, the large majority of the country is for it in some form and I would wager that even many of those who say "they don't want abortion" would accept it in many cases just like the one you keep referring to. Even Mississippi, one of the reddest states around and the one who's laws resulted in the overturning of Roe, allows for things like rape, incest and women's health. So let's not pretend that IS the plan in ANY state.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Different people have different values when it comes to abortion

Steve wants to rip 9 month old babies out of the womb and kill them 😊.

I on the other hand am not anti-abortion and understand that there are circumstances where it is necessary. Waiting 6 months because you got knocked up at a party is not one of them. 🥳 🎉

So, I finally read Biden's speech.  Tell me what I'm missing:

MAGA EXTREMISTS in 2018:  The election was fixed, we are going to vandalize the capital, beat police officers to death, and threaten duly elected representatives with violence

MAGA EXTREMISTS today:  The investigation into Trump's confidential files is a conspiracy.  We are going to threaten FBI agents and will burn things to the ground if Trump is arrested. 

Biden's speech:  The MAGA Extremists in the GOP are a major threat to their own party, our country, and to American democracy in general. 

Right Wing reaction after the speech to a 'no chit Sherlock point:'  Biden is dividing our country. 

I gotta say, the cognitive dissonance is strong. Biden pointing out legitimate threats to our democracy is bad doesn't make him a radical firebrand. He' stating the obvious, and it needs to be stated.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

So, I finally read Biden's speech.  Tell me what I'm missing:

MAGA EXTREMISTS in 2018:  The election was fixed, we are going to vandalize the capital, beat police officers to death, and threaten duly elected representatives with violence

MAGA EXTREMISTS today:  The investigation into Trump's confidential files is a conspiracy.  We are going to threaten FBI agents and will burn things to the ground if Trump is arrested. 

Biden's speech:  The MAGA Extremists in the GOP are a major threat to their own party, our country, and to American democracy in general. 

Right Wing reaction after the speech to a 'no chit Sherlock point:'  Biden is dividing our country. 

I gotta say, the cognitive dissonance is strong. Biden pointing out legitimate threats to our democracy is bad doesn't make him a radical firebrand. He' stating the obvious, and it needs to be stated.

If he was worried about political extremists then should he be talking about all political extremists and not just "maga" extremists?

I totally agree that it's a problem,  but it's not just a "maga" problem.

13 hours ago, rajncajn said:

If he was worried about political extremists then should he be talking about all political extremists and not just "maga" extremists?

Anyone with an ounce of honesty and awareness realizes the clear and present danger to American democracy is the far right MAGA humpers who've effectively taken over the GOP and are pushing moderates out. There is no threat even close to equal magnitude to "talk about."

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Anyone with an ounce of honesty and awareness realizes the clear and present danger to American democracy is the far right MAGA humpers who've effectively taken over the GOP and are pushing moderates out. There is no threat even close to equal magnitude to "talk about."

So, what you're saying is that any Trump-backed candidate or supporter of a Trump-backed candidate is a "far right maga humper" and is a threat to American democracy, ie. a "maga extremist" or, if you prefer, a maga extremist sympathizer.

That's more of a rhetorical question, but If I'm wrong, please correct me. That's pretty much the way I'm reading the room from Biden and you.

@League_Champion

Dude, give it a (the really bad word)ing rest. At this point I'm close to just reporting you for harassing other posters and I NEVER report anyone but spammers. Your manure is way past annoying and unless you've got something to add to this forum that's of ANY substance whatsoever, then you just don't need to be here. All you're going to end up doing is getting this forum shut down again and after the manure that got stirred on the main forum already, I doubt we're too far off from that. 

Edited by rajncajn
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, rajncajn said:

So, what you're saying is that any Trump-backed candidate or supporter of a Trump-backed candidate is a "far right maga humper" and is a threat to American democracy, ie. a "maga extremist" or, if you prefer, a maga extremist sympathizer.

That's more of a rhetorical question, but If I'm wrong, please correct me. That's pretty much the way I'm reading the room from Biden and you.

Anyone in the GOP who is pubically spouting the election was stolen and Trump is victim BS conspiracies are pieces of chit and a clear danger to our country.  They are either extremists or cowards who are kowtowing to the Trump take over of the GOP to save their political careers.  At the end of the day, their motivation doesn't really matter.  

They needed to be called out for their BS. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

They needed to be called out for their BS. 

At the end of the day,  that's not really what Biden is referring to. He's not talking about "calling them out." He's calling them a threat to our democracy. Not at all unlike domestic terrorists and anybody who votes for/supports these candidates/politicians/people are complicit in the threat.

5 hours ago, rajncajn said:

At the end of the day,  that's not really what Biden is referring to. He's not talking about "calling them out." He's calling them a threat to our democracy. Not at all unlike domestic terrorists and anybody who votes for/supports these candidates/politicians/people are complicit in the threat.

He's absolutely correct. People like Marjorie Taylor and Boebert are the worst, but I was also disappointed to see you jumping on the Desantis train.  He's been carrying Trump's kooky conspiracy water and is a wolf in sheep's clothing at best.  And now his BS voter fraud arrests are coming back to bite him in his attempt to spread more doubt in our democratic election process:  https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2022/08/florida-voter-fraud-election-police-desantis-entrapment.html

Where's the outrage for this naked divisive political ploy?  Biden got 5% saltier by calling a spade a spade and now Republicans are acting like an Italian soccer player in the world cup faking an injury.  

I've talked to a number of my right leaning friends dead set on voting for candidates in the GOP who have the courage to take the party back from Trump and the Trumpistas.   I think they are few and far between though.  

Edited by Bobby Brown

10 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

He's absolutely correct. People like Marjorie Taylor and Boebert are the worst, but I was also disappointed to see you jumping on the Desantis train.  He's been carrying Trump's kooky conspiracy water and is a wolf in sheep's clothing at best.  And now his BS voter fraud arrests are coming back to bite him in his attempt to spread more doubt in our democratic election process:  https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2022/08/florida-voter-fraud-election-police-desantis-entrapment.html

Where's the outrage for this naked divisive political ploy?  Biden got 5% saltier by calling a spade a spade and now Republicans are acting like an Italian soccer player in the world cup faking an injury.  

I've talked to a number of my right leaning friends dead set on voting for candidates in the GOP who have the courage to take the party back from Trump and the Trumpistas.   I think they are few and far between though.  

That was a pretty short answer before you jumped into DeSantis-bashing...

So, I assume you agree with Biden that the candidates that Trump supports and the voters who support them are a threat to our democracy, not unlike a domestic terrorist threat. I mean, I've voted for a couple of Trump-backed republicans in my state and I've voted for some who were not. Does that mean that I am some sort of threat to democracy? If you don't mind, can you explain how exactly you think these voters are a threat to democracy? I'm sure that if every election lost is met with rioting and destruction of government buildings, then yeah, that's a threat to democracy. But since Jan 6th, that hasn't really happened. Even with Jan 6, a very large majority of the people there weren't there to take over the capital. They were there to protest what they thought was a faulty election process. Is Biden saying now that we should expect attacks any time a Trump-backed politician doesn't win? 

Karine Jean-Pierre had this to say regarding Biden's speech:

“This is an extreme threat to our democracy, to our freedom, to our rights,” she added. “They just don’t respect the rule of law. You’ve heard that from the president. And, you know, they are pursuing an agenda that takes away people’s rights.”

My question is how do they not respect the rule of law and what is the supposed agenda that takes away people's rights? How are they a threat to our democracy and what does he plan to do to fight this threat? Is it the whole voter ID and abortion argument or what? Because I support voter ID and I support banning Roe v Wade and allowing states to decide their own law in the matter. How does that make me a threat to democracy?

As for DeSantis, he's obviously not perfect but none of them are. I have no issue with him trying to fight voter fraud even though his team may have gotten a bit overzealous in their approach. Eggs were broken, but then again, so were laws. You're going to have a really difficult time getting much sympathy from me because several rapists and murderers were rounded up for breaking the law. If a rapist or murderer didn't know they couldn't vote, I'm going to blame the murderer or rapist first & the govt agency that screwed up by allowing them to register second. How many people do you think will get slammed with tax evasion because they (possibly) inadvertently misfiled their taxes now that we have another 87,000 IRS agents? Are you going to blame the agency for making the tax laws so convoluted or are you going to blame the person who didn't pay their taxes? And honestly, you voted for Biden & Hillary, neither of which should be able to step foot in DC much less hold public office IMO and I'm certain you would vote for them again if they were the (D) nominee, so poopooing about DeSantis is a bit hypocritical from my perspective.

Any political candidate explicitly or implicitly trying to undermine the legitimacy of the democratic process is a threat to democracy itself.  And yes people who vote for those politicians are complicit. 

And Desantis's motivation has nothing to do with fighting voter fraud.  It's obvious his hamhanded dog and pony show is more conspiracy outrage fuel to question the legitimacy of the 2020 election. If you are naive enough to get swindled by that  MAGA grifter I can clearly understand why you are offended with Biden calling its like it is.

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Any political candidate explicitly or implicitly trying to undermine the legitimacy of the democratic process is a threat to democracy itself.  And yes people who vote for those politicians are complicit. 

And Desantis's motivation has nothing to do with fighting voter fraud.  It's obvious his hamhanded dog and pony show is more conspiracy outrage fuel to question the legitimacy of the 2020 election. If you are naive enough to get swindled by that  MAGA grifter I can clearly understand why you are offended with Biden calling its like it is.

Asking you an awful lot of questions and you seem to be avoiding answering any of them directly. Who is actively trying to undermine the democratic process (sans Trump) and please explain how. I would assume you'd say DeSantis, but I don't understand how creating a task force to seek out actual voter fraud is trying to undermine the democratic process unless those that you're arresting haven't actually committed voter fraud, which those in the story you linked actually did. The only question is whether or not they knew,  which is like complaining that they didn't know the rules of their parole when they broke it. Just because a govt agency didn't catch it until after they voted doesn't make it the govt agency's fault.

• DMD locked this topic