[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IT'S OVER - JOE BIDEN IS PRESIDENT ELECT!!

irish

The World Health Organization is holding an open forum to rename the disease monkeypox, after some critics raised concerns the name could be derogatory or have racist connotations

Who exactly is offended? Rich white racist politicians that associate Blacks to Monkeys?? The friggin disease came from Monkeys! 

1 hour ago, gilthorp said:

Are you saying there is an equal amount of nuts, like it's 50/50?

Are you saying the utter nonsense, flat out lies being spewed, and flaming rhetoric is equally the same, like 50/50?

Are you saying there is an equal amount of extremists on both sides?

Are you saying that there's an equal amount of people that will take violent actions on both sides?

Must be an equal amount of assault rifles on both sides, right?

Maybe an equal amount of outright lies and conspiracy theories being shouted on both sides too.

I'm not arguing ratios. All I'm saying is that there's nuts on both sides that will take the political banter, or whatever you want to call it, to the extremes. I'm not for a side.  I'm not arguing one is worse than the other. I'm saying both sides contribute to the problem, period.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I'm not arguing ratios. All I'm saying is that there's nuts on both sides that will take the political banter, or whatever you want to call it, to the extremes. I'm not for a side.  I'm not arguing one is worse than the other. I'm saying both sides contribute to the problem, period.

Gil is a flaming Libtard, you can't argue with these lunatics. Republican bad, Democrat good. That's just how it is. 

Are you saying there is an equal amount of nuts, like it's 50/50?

Are you saying the utter nonsense, flat out lies being spewed, and flaming rhetoric is equally the same, like 50/50?

Are you saying there is an equal amount of extremists on both sides?

Are you saying that there's an equal amount of people that will take violent actions on both sides?

Must be an equal amount of assault rifles on both sides, right?

Maybe an equal amount of outright lies and conspiracy theories being shouted on both sides too.

He's not saying that because he doesn't wanna talk ratios. So he's just insinuating both sides are the same.  

49 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

He's not saying that because he doesn't wanna talk ratios. So he's just insinuating both sides are the same.  

And you just want to cast stones from your glass house.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Bet you had to look it up, didn't you? I did. First I heard of it was Friday. They picked the guy up on his way to the house with a glock, 37 rounds of ammo, zip ties, duct tape, a ballistic vest and lock picks. The only thing that stopped him was seeing the US Marshals guarding the house and his sister talking him into turning himself in. The guy flew from California specifically for that purpose and bought the gun and ammo after arriving.

How about the congressional baseball game shooting? You want to make that comparison?

Come on dude, you know both sides of the aisle play that game of working up their base. There were people on the democratic side and the media, not only openly supporting the BLM "protests," but also donating money to bail out those arrested for rioting and openly making excuses for the rioters. You had congress people in the media calling for people to publicly harass GOP members and to protest at SCJ's homes.

Why would you BET I had to look IT up. And exactly which event is that about? I follow the news, and read those basic facts about both stories within hours of the events or those details being public. You want to believe the two guys are the same, I don't see it that way at all. Both were threats to our government, but I see one who lost his nerve when he saw law and was talked out of it by his sister. Tells me that he was pretty close to not going thru with it already. The other guy posted before and after, and told others they too should rise up with the guns and attack our federal law enforcement. 

Yesterday a small group of armed people protested outside the FBI office in Phoenix, they were lawful but the message was pretty clear. 

The congressional baseball game was a bad guy, compares well to the one who attacked the Cincy FBI office. 

No not come on dude, you come on. Sorry that you cannot accept that the GOP, conservatives, right wing whatever group you want to list has been willing to be violent and proven their propensity to that act on a large scale, with Jan 6 being the pinnacle. 

40 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

You want to believe the two guys are the same, I don't see it that way at all.

I never said they were the same. That was all you. I said there were nuts on both sides of the aisle who will take what these politicians say and act upon it. And I said that both sides play a dangerous game with their rhetoric. That was ALL I said. You are the one trying weigh stones. 

• Like 1

Good grief.

The rhetoric and extremism of the GOP has taken a rapid turn over the last 4 to 5 years.  This recent event is more proof:  guy in Cincy, judge who released the warrant getting death threats, and now all the groups of Maga people armed and babbling ridiculous conspiracies in front of other FBI offices. Things haven't been politics as usual for the GOP since Trump and his hordes have planted themselves into the Republican party.

Everyone is well aware Democratic supporters have done some terrible manure also. No one is arguing that.   Your motivation to deflect away from how bad the GOP has gotten is clear as anything else is pointless.

Edited by Bobby Brown

4 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Things haven't been politics as usual for the GOP since Trump and his hordes have planted themselves into the Republican party.

Everyone is well aware Democratic supporters have done some terrible manure also.

I'm not trying to deflect anything. You guys were the ones getting all upset because I said democrats were guilty of some of the same manure. I agree with the above,  though I'd argue it started with the Clintons and has gotten progressively worse with a brief period of unity after 9/11. The Trump period certainly has made things exponentially worse.

21 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

Nobody is upset. I am just pointing out your stance on the debate is really full of sh!t, and most likely willfully blind.

It's only willfully blind if I'm denying the GOP has done anything wrong, which I am obviously not. I totally agreed with the part of BBs post which I quoted. Things have gotten much worse with Trump. I'm not denying that and it's one of the many reasons I didn't vote for him, as I've stated many times in the past.

We've got well over a page of you guys railing me for saying politicians from both sides are guilty of inflammatory rhetoric, which has led to people like this guy that tried to attack the FBI or the guy who showed up at Kavanaughs house with a gun. Those facts are irrefutable,  yet y'all want to keep pointing at an imaginary scoreboard like it's some game.

Let me make this perfectly clear. I don't give a manure who or what party does it or how much they do it. When it leads to violence like it has,  it's wrong, period and the bullmanure on BOTH sides needs to stop.

Once again,  I won't be voting for Trump in the next election and I HOPE the bastard just goes the (the really bad word) away and never returns. The same goes for all these other sorry POS's who would rather stir manure up than actually do something positive for this country.

Now,  done with this subject.

Edited by rajncajn

2 hours ago, rajncajn said:

yet y'all want to keep pointing at an imaginary scoreboard like it's some game.

You have a major lack of self awareness and self perception.  No one was scoreboarding until you tried to defend the most recent violent atrocities by initiating the 'yea but they are just as bad' game.'

Now you are whining about people playing the game you started.  

Grow up man.

2 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Let me make this perfectly clear. I don't give a manure who or what party does it or how much they do it.

That's truly negligent and some would also say it's willful ignorance.

I guess you could pay attention to it if you wanted, but you choose not to. Your apathy leads me to believe that you feel there are "very fine people on both sides" too.

15 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

That's truly negligent and some would also say it's willful ignorance.

I guess you could pay attention to it if you wanted, but you choose not to. Your apathy leads me to believe that you feel there are "very fine people on both sides" too.

You are literally reading only what you want to read into my post.

I'm done with politics in this forum. If you guys want to continue bashing me and misrepresenting what I've said, then have at it. Hope that makes you all feel better about yourselves.

I literally quoted what you wrote. I read nothing into it, because you were making it perfectly clear.

Simply put, if you believe the flaming rhetoric, outright lies, and working up the base is equal on both sides, you are either wrong, ignorant, or very much intentionally misinformed.

I will leave this alone now because I can see how you would feel as though I am attacking you.

I literally quoted what you wrote. I read nothing into it, because you were making it perfectly clear.

Simply put, if you believe the flaming rhetoric, outright lies, and working up the base is equal on both sides, you are either wrong, ignorant, or very much intentionally misinformed.

I will leave this alone now because I can see how you would feel as though I am attacking you.

You literally clipped out half the paragraph you quoted. I've literally said six times now, either specifically saying that I never said I thought anything was equal or referring to the same. Yet, here again, you're saying that I'm making that claim.

You're also literally ignoring posts like this:

5 hours ago, rajncajn said:

It's only willfully blind if I'm denying the GOP has done anything wrong, which I am obviously not. I totally agreed with the part of BBs post which I quoted. Things have gotten much worse with Trump. I'm not denying that and it's one of the many reasons I didn't vote for him, as I've stated many times in the past.

This is what Bobby Brown posted, to which I agreed:

6 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Things haven't been politics as usual for the GOP since Trump and his hordes have planted themselves into the Republican party.

Everyone is well aware Democratic supporters have done some terrible manure also.

Edited by rajncajn

17 hours ago, rajncajn said:

I never said they were the same. That was all you. I said there were nuts on both sides of the aisle who will take what these politicians say and act upon it. And I said that both sides play a dangerous game with their rhetoric. That was ALL I said. You are the one trying weigh stones. 

What you said specifically is quoted below, "not really much different". So a negligible amount of difference, or basically the same. (That is your entire post, not a portion, nothing taken out of context. It was you replying to Bobby Brown on page 17.)

You made a false equivalency and several of us saw it. Maybe that isn't what you meant, but the words you use indicate you think they're basically the same. And I pointed out how they are not. 

On 8/13/2022 at 8:43 AM, rajncajn said:

Not really much different than the attempted murder of a Supreme Court Justice other than the result. It's modern day politics.

Nobody is railing at you for pointing out "both sides do it", I personally think you're just not willing to accept how bad things are with the side you primarily align with and instead want to say "but you guys did....".  Good to hear you won't support Trump if he runs again, but I personally (along with many others) want to see him locked up for his crimes. Not just "go away" although that would have been a good start, back in Jan 2021. 

Edited by stevegrab

• DMD locked this topic