[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IT'S OVER - JOE BIDEN IS PRESIDENT ELECT!!

irish

2 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Asking you an awful lot of questions and you seem to be avoiding answering any of them directly. 

Or perhaps playing the answer my questions game with someone dead set on denying the obvious is pointless.

Edited by Bobby Brown

42 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Or perhaps playing the answer my questions game with someone dead set on denying the obvious is pointless.

I don't think I asked anything difficult for someone who believes or understands what they are purporting to answer. I also haven't denied anything. I'm asking you to provide some examples of "maga" republicans and tell me exactly what they are doing that matches this statement:

“This is an extreme threat to our democracy, to our freedom, to our rights,” she added. “They just don’t respect the rule of law. You’ve heard that from the president. And, you know, they are pursuing an agenda that takes away people’s rights.”

You, very obviously, won't answer that question.

Edited by rajncajn

8 hours ago, rajncajn said:

I don't think I asked anything difficult for someone who believes or understands what they are purporting to answer. I also haven't denied anything. I'm asking you to provide some examples of "maga" republicans and tell me exactly what they are doing that matches this statement:

Racist Bobby, like every other hardcore lefty has mastered the art of deflection which is why they still need Trump around.

download (76).jpeg

20 hours ago, rajncajn said:

I think you like being dense here. 

Example of Maga Republicans not respecting the rule of law. The law, on every occasion it was brought through the courts said 100% of the time there was no evidence of fraudulent elections. Anyone who believes the election was stolen and spouts about it doesn't respect the law.

Example of Maga Republicans that are anti-abortion, and by default, anti-women's health rights. They do support taking away those rights.

I can't make you see it if you don't want to. Must be your shtick.

• Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

Example of Maga Republicans not respecting the rule of law. The law, on every occasion it was brought through the courts said 100% of the time there was no evidence of fraudulent elections. Anyone who believes the election was stolen and spouts about it doesn't respect the law.

Example of Maga Republicans that are anti-abortion, and by default, anti-women's health rights. They do support taking away those rights.

Supporting candidates for office that talk about the stolen election, and how they're trying to prevent fraud is just giving power to those who want to control the election process so they do not lose. Many that Trump endorsed are all about that, they have no real platform.

Never mind that several of the critical swing states that Trump lost had GOP controlled state legislature or Gov/AG/SOS who could already use their power to control elections. They figure they need a real super MAGA in those positions to make sure they get their way. Somebody fully obedient and in debt to Trump. 

36 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

Quit being divisive.

18 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

Ok, can you tell me who the "maga" republicans are who are currently spouting about the election being stolen and what they are specifically doing now that is a threat to democracy? That's not being dense. I'm looking for a chalk line here. If we're being sold a boogeyman then I want to know who it is. I'm already not ever going to vote for Donald Trump. So my question is, who are the maga republicans? is it everyone who Trump endorses? Is it everyone who votes for a Trump-endorsed candidate? Bobby seemed to agree that it was, but he was so vague and avoiding that I couldn't really tell. If Biden & the Democrats are going to cast accusations that could pretty much blanket every single conservative in this country, then they may want to pull that back a bit and be a little more direct and a little less coy.

Getting on abortion, first of all, there are multitudes of levels on the spectrum of abortion. You can call me anti-abortion because I lie on a more conservative end of the spectrum. But that's not even close to an accurate label any more than if I called you pro murdering babies. I do support abortion in many cases and I believe that the vast majority of people, including politicians, in this country do as well. But to call it anti-women's health rights is wholly incorrect. I believe that the child should have certain rights as well. What limitations there are to those rights certainly should be up for discussion, but that's another thread.

My "shtick" is that I want to be able to have a discussion where you & I both know that we may never completely agree, but that we both respect each other's opinion and the insight of a different perspective. And maybe somewhere in there we make each other think about things a bit more deeper than our own echo chambers, find more common ground and are comfortable enough to at least admit that we understand one another. Then, when we're done disagreeing with each other, you & I can joke, talk fantasy smack and raise a glass together still knowing that we're both good people with good intentions, regardless of our ideological differences.

25 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Supporting candidates for office that talk about the stolen election, and how they're trying to prevent fraud is just giving power to those who want to control the election process so they do not lose. Many that Trump endorsed are all about that, they have no real platform.

Never mind that several of the critical swing states that Trump lost had GOP controlled state legislature or Gov/AG/SOS who could already use their power to control elections. They figure they need a real super MAGA in those positions to make sure they get their way. Somebody fully obedient and in debt to Trump. 

Do you have a problem with investigating and prosecuting election fraud? This is such a bizarro subject to me because it wasn't really that long ago when Democrats were the ones talking about election fraud. I really don't get what the issue is with trying to prevent it and prosecuting those who would seek to damage our elections. Do I believe that Trump lost the election due to voter fraud? No, no more that I believe Hillary lost because of it and no more than I believe Trump won due to Russian disinformation. Does that mean it's all bullmanure and we should act like it doesn't exist? No.

28 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Do you have a problem with investigating and prosecuting election fraud? This is such a bizarro subject to me because it wasn't really that long ago when Democrats were the ones talking about election fraud. I really don't get what the issue is with trying to prevent it and prosecuting those who would seek to damage our elections. Do I believe that Trump lost the election due to voter fraud? No, no more that I believe Hillary lost because of it and no more than I believe Trump won due to Russian disinformation. Does that mean it's all bullmanure and we should act like it doesn't exist? No.

I have a problem with allegations of things without evidence, which is all we heard since Trump lost. And those people parroting that lie being put in positions of power over elections should scare anybody that wants fair elections. They are only concerned with elections they might lose, never claim fraud when they win. 

I don't think we should ignore election fraud, but most of what comes out of Trump and GOP is just lies. They want to force people to stand in lines for hours in densely populated urban areas instead of allowing people an easy mail in vote. I keep seeing many comments in other places that say there should be no mail in voting, even though it has been legal in many states for some time, and the only way at least one state (Oregon I believe) votes. 

Do you realize how hard it is to get people to work at polling locations? Are those people calling for the elimination of mail in voting willing to step up and do that? I have no intention to return to voting in person, and trust the process here in my state, which is controlled by a GOP legislature and executive branch. 

I know you're not a Trump supporter, but you sure seem to be 100% behind everything else the GOP does, from attempts to control the vote, to eliminating many rights that people have currently. 

23 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I know you're not a Trump supporter, but you sure seem to be 100% behind everything else the GOP does, from attempts to control the vote, to eliminating many rights that people have currently. 

Keep deflecting. Trump has nothing to do with this mess we're in. Democrats always need a Boogeyman to divert their attention away from the real issues. This President is the weakest, most useless one yet. 

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

There really is very little actual fraud being committed. We just have GOP officials lying about it constantly without any actual evidence that would stand up in any court. It's, in fact, extremely rare and really, it simply didn't happen in 2020.   

That we have so many people talking about it and crying fraud undermines our democracy. 

Edited by Trojanmojo
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, Trojanmojo said:

There really is very little actual fraud being committed. We just have GOP officials lying about it constantly without any actual evidence that would stand up in any court. It's, in fact, extremely rare and really, it simply didn't happen in 2020.   

That we have so many people talking about it and crying fraud undermines our democracy. 

This.  And back to DeSantis on his 'election fraud' stuff

“His entire political lens is a calculation of what it means for overtaking Trump,” said David Jolly, the former Florida Republican congressman who is now helping start a third political party. “His previous eschewing of 2020 election fraud is less about personal conviction and more about not strengthening Trump. Similarly, his rallying with Lake, Mastriano, and others is about elevating his national profile on par with Trump — demonstrating his strength as a formidable heir to the GOP presidential nomination.”

I don't understand how the above is not completely obvious to anyone that isn't a MAGA person.

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Thanks 1

These are the MAGA Republicans that are a danger to our democracy regarding voting, because they continue parroting the stolen election lies and trying to implement systems to commit their own special fraud in upcoming elections. If you cannot see it, then you're blinded by something, and it isn't truth or facts. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/michigan-republican-squirms-when-reporter-confronts-her-about-telling-poll-workers-to-act-like-spies/ar-AA11Bns8?cvid=28ff284f5a21462ab2388f8b13383558

• DMD locked this topic