[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IT'S OVER - JOE BIDEN IS PRESIDENT ELECT!!

irish

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Did somebody post something they thought was funny again and then lash out about people not having reasonable discussions?

Poor boy little man from Delusionland 

Just put him on ignore, it's truly liberating. 

Edited by irish

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still not sure how this bill helps with inflation, and if it isn't primarily about that why it got that in the name. Glad to see some of the stuff about taxes for business and money for IRS enforcement. Sucks for many that the $35 insulin cap for private insurance got removed. Amazing how many commenting on an article about that over the weekend was trying to blame the parliamentarian for ruling on that as not following procedure, which the Senate can overrule with 60 votes. Seven GOP Senators joined the Dems (did not include the alleged RINOs Cheney & Kinzinger) in trying to do that, but 3 votes short. 

Sounds like the GOP did their best to prevent this from being passed in any way. I guess all they have now is to label in completely negative ways. 

6 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Sounds like the GOP did their best to prevent this from being passed in any way. I guess all they have now is to label in completely negative ways

It's all political BS, you've been around long enough to see through it. There's so much useless fat and BS in that bill that it's a joke. Everyone gets some, except the people who need it. 

Relax Alex...your sources will tell you how to complain about it, but your BS won't cut it here, because it's nonsense.

The simple fact is that this is the first time in a long time that those stiffs in DC are actually trying to get something done. The best the Republicans could do in 2018 was another round of corporate welfare/tax breaks that helped put us in the scenario we're digging out of.

6 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Glad to see some of the stuff about taxes for business and money for IRS enforcement. 

Unless they are adding more auditors as well, this is wasted money. It took a year for me to get back over $5k in overpayment because they didn't have enough people to handle all the returns. 

18 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

The best the Republicans could do in 2018 was another round of corporate welfare/tax breaks that helped put us in the scenario we're digging out of.

This times a billion.  Absolute killer.

17 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Unless they are adding more auditors as well, this is wasted money. It took a year for me to get back over $5k in overpayment because they didn't have enough people to handle all the returns. 

I would hope that is part of the plan, but as everybody knows these days finding qualified people willing to work for just about any position is difficult. Sorry you had that situation and were without your money for so long. 

It is one reason I try to avoid paying more in my taxes than I need to. I have one investment that is not tax free and one year it made just enough that I owed over some the threshold and had to pay a small penalty. Then I had a bit more deducted from my pay. I never understood people celebrating getting a nice tax refund, which is just money they lent the government interest free for a period. 

22 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

Relax Alex...your sources will tell you how to complain about it, but your BS won't cut it here, because it's nonsense.

The simple fact is that this is the first time in a long time that those stiffs in DC are actually trying to get something done. The best the Republicans could do in 2018 was another round of corporate welfare/tax breaks that helped put us in the scenario we're digging out of.

If this were a comment section in an online article many GOP folks would tell you "we all got a tax break" but forget to mention some were permanent (for the wealthy) while others (for less fortunate) expire soon (next 2-3 years I think). 

1 hour ago, gilthorp said:

Why do I trigger you so easily 😅

1 hour ago, gilthorp said:

For you Gil. Get triggered Son! If you don't like it, it's the wrong forum topic for you. 

706.jpeg

download (67).png

download (15).jpeg

1 (7).JPG

2 hours ago, gilthorp said:

Between the CV relief bill, infrastructure bill, and now this; Biden has really managed to pass serious substantial legislation so far during his term.  And you're exactly correct about the tax break under Trump being the only significant legislation that he signed, everything else was executive orders largely rolled back by Biden. The fact Trump appointed 3 justices is going to shift us backwards for some time though, I'm afraid.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Between the CV relief bill, infrastructure bill, and now this; Biden has really managed to pass serious substantial legislation so far during his term.  And you're exactly correct about the tax break under Trump being the only significant legislation that he signed, everything else was executive orders largely rolled back by Biden. The fact Trump appointed 3 justices is going to shift us backwards for some time though, I'm afraid.  

I am not even positive that it will all be beneficial in the long run, but it looks like people are trying to get sh!t done...and the side that can't get a thing done, except cow to the rich and gun lobby, b!tch and complain about things that are getting done. 

Meanwhile, the woke dope posted more meme. I am triggered now.

Now the court...I am not in favor of expanding it, nor am I in favor of eliminating the filibuster. We are stuck in neutral.

1 minute ago, gilthorp said:

I am not even positive that it will all be beneficial in the long run, but it looks like people are trying to get sh!t done...and the side that can't get a thing done, except cow to the rich and gun lobby, b!tch and complain about things that are getting done. 

Meanwhile, the woke dope posted more meme. I am triggered now.

Now the court...I am not in favor of expanding it, nor am I in favor of eliminating the filibuster. We are stuck in neutral.

He's an absolute moron, just put him on ignore and move on. 

Agreed on the court. Trump appointing those 3 justices definitely sets this country back. 

Paul Waldman at WaPO has an excellent column up--here's a bit:

You can’t say elected Democrats didn’t work their hearts out on these bills, especially the Inflation Reduction Act, even if the result is (as always) imperfect. But try to imagine the Republican Party as it’s currently constituted doing what Democrats just did.

Picture Republicans spending a year or so negotiating with one another, producing version after version of a complicated bill, trying to balance competing interests within their party, persisting through repeated setbacks and ultimately producing a victory everyone in their party can live with.

You can’t, because Republicans just don’t have it in them. The only subject they care enough about to craft a complicated bill on is taxes, which is relatively easy because they all agree they should be lower, at least for corporations and the wealthy.

But give Republicans a difficult legislative task — such as following through on their oft-made pledge to repeal the Affordable Care Act and replace it with what Donald Trump memorably called “something terrific” — and they flounder and flail.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Paul Waldman at WaPO has an excellent column up--here's a bit:

You can’t say elected Democrats didn’t work their hearts out on these bills, especially the Inflation Reduction Act, even if the result is (as always) imperfect. But try to imagine the Republican Party as it’s currently constituted doing what Democrats just did.

Picture Republicans spending a year or so negotiating with one another, producing version after version of a complicated bill, trying to balance competing interests within their party, persisting through repeated setbacks and ultimately producing a victory everyone in their party can live with.

You can’t, because Republicans just don’t have it in them. The only subject they care enough about to craft a complicated bill on is taxes, which is relatively easy because they all agree they should be lower, at least for corporations and the wealthy.

But give Republicans a difficult legislative task — such as following through on their oft-made pledge to repeal the Affordable Care Act and replace it with what Donald Trump memorably called “something terrific” — and they flounder and flail.

I was just reading some history on John McCain and was reminded that he cast one of the deciding votes against the GOP when they were trying to repeal ACA. 

• DMD locked this topic