[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Commanders RB Brian Robinson in Stable Condition After Being Shot in Robbery Attempt

BillyBalata

When I was in DC 12 years ago and friend and I were walking from SW to SE to go to a bar.  Cops drove up beside us and asked us what the hell we were doing and that we were likely to get shot.  By that time we were almost there.  After we left I missed the subway and had to walk back.   I'm very comfortable in large cities but  that was the first time I was genuinely concerned that I could get killed.  

32 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

When I was in DC 12 years ago and friend and I were walking from SW to SE to go to a bar.  Cops drove up beside us and asked us what the hell we were doing and that we were likely to get shot.  By that time we were almost there.  After we left I missed the subway and had to walk back.   I'm very comfortable in large cities but  that was the first time I was genuinely concerned that I could get killed.  

Wow that's pretty wild, bold of the cops to tell you such a thing. If there's no other people walking around and its a high crime area that's a good thing. The area where this happened doesn't appear to fit that though. 

Every urban center has its crime, we have our work conference in downtown Cleveland every year, and I don't worry much while walking alone there, but I don't feel as safe as my own local suburban area. 

10 minutes ago, darin3 said:

And yet one of them contends the other one is "on ignore", yet incessantly responds to the pokes.  

I will repeat myself, LC is on my ignore list, I don't care if you believe it or not. Sometimes I read the see them quoted by others or decide to read just to see if he's changed his tone. And in I might even respond sometimes, but have cut way back on that. 

Honestly what is contributed by the posts complaining about our back and forth? Can't you just ignore both of us? 

5 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I will repeat myself, LC is on my ignore list, I don't care if you believe it or not. Sometimes I read the see them quoted by others or decide to read just to see if he's changed his tone. And in I might even respond sometimes, but have cut way back on that. 

Honestly what is contributed by the posts complaining about our back and forth? Can't you just ignore both of us? 

When 60-70% of the back-and-forth in just about every thread is between you two, it becomes difficult.

I have LC on ignore and haven't read a post of his in months.  Whenever someone happens to quote him, I simply keep scrolling.

I've refrained from putting you on ignore since it's really him that's the main instigator and you do provide some quality info here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

that's eventually what happens. there could be a post with good FF info, eventually you two get involved and the posts on that thread dwindle off cuz everyone ignores you two and move on knowing that's the end of that.  I have only put one person on ignore since i started here in 1998. and he has recently been gone. Cuz he couldn't get a clue. Why can't the two of you get a clue? Granted, neither one of you are offensive as he was. But obviously neither one of you have the ability to read the room.  There have been many disputes in these forums over the years, but jeebus, Sarge and Bronco Billy made more sense then you two do.

• Like 1

I'd like to know what caliber gun was used.  Apparently one round hit is knee but missed bone and ligament.  That doesn't make much sense unless it was a .22 or .380.  And if it was one of those two, that means the glute injury is probably quite mild.  

On 8/29/2022 at 3:21 PM, darin3 said:

since it's really him that's the main instigator 

No dog in this chickenfight but in my observations this is not accurate.  You guys all seem to go way back, and I am less than a year here, so maybe its historical in nature, but I see PLENTY coming in from either side in the modern era of Huddle.  

I do wish people would keep the BS out of these threads, but I dont do the "ignore poster" thing.  I just ignore stuff.  Like a grown up.   And sometimes I dont.  Like a little kid. 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2022 at 1:51 PM, 1fastdoc said:

I crashed my car one night (morning really) coming out of philthadelphia.  I was in my late 20's, date/party yada yada. Late night but NOT drunk (I was the DD and am rather diligent about such things).

So anyway I am driving out of philly and smear my jeep all over the off ramp in Pennsaukin NJ.  NO one responds.  My car is in pieces.  Nothing.  Cell phone dead.

Nothing.  

So I walk a block and come upon 2 cops in a bank (i think) parking lot.  they roll down the window and say almost EXACTLY what I bolded above.

Anyhoo, made me think of that.  Good times.  Not. 

IMO Urban centers are unpredictable and that means your confidence can be misplaced.  

Might be back for week 5 according to today's reports. Out for the 1st 4 is confirmed. And thanks for wasting my time with all the politics.  Why do you guys do this so often? It really is inconsiderate of everyone else, IMO.  Take it somewhere else. Said my piece.  Peace. Out.

• Like 1