[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Odell to The Rams

League_Champion

10 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I doubt he reaches a level where you can plug him in as a safe WR2.  Maybe WR3 or flex.  Despite having a nice QB (well, up until the last two games) and system, I don't think he will see the consistent targets whereby he'd be a WR2 in fantasy.  

Certainly not yet. You could see last night how much they are missing Woods. I don't think 7-10 targets a game would be all that crazy. 

2 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Certainly not yet. You could see last night how much they are missing Woods. I don't think 7-10 targets a game would be all that crazy. 

If OBJ is able to do some of the things that they liked having Woods do, I could see him approaching WR2 land.  Otherwise WR3 would be his ceiling IMO.

• 2 months later...

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/odell-beckham-jr-suffers-major-085440249.html

Odell Beckham Jr. Suffers Major Salary Loss After Bitcoin Decline

When the Cleveland Browns decided to drop Odell Beckham Jr. from their team, the Los Angeles Rams signed the wide receiver, OBJ opted to take his entire NFL salary in Bitcoin. At the time, Bitcoin was hitting all-time highs and breaking currency records and was even worth approximately $64,000 USD per coin. While it appeared to be a great decision then, Bitcoins dip in the market has shattered the price of the coin.

The cryptocurrency is now worth around half of the aforementioned price, hovering at $35,000 USD. The news of Bitcoin's price drop is unfortunate for Beckham's earnings. Darren Rovell reported that his entire salary is now worth only $413,000 USD as opposed to the $750,000 USD, excluding taxes. Once taxes are factored in, OBJ makes around $35,000 USD which equates to just one Bitcoin. Since there is no guarantee if Bitcoin will continue to fall or reach the same heights as prior, it is uncertain if OBJ will benefit in the future. However, it is certain that as of now, OBJ has not received the best of news in regards to his salary.

D'oh

Edited by Riffraff

7 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Crypto has always seemed like a suckers, "bridge in Brooklyn" deal to me.

Never even understood the appeal myself.

Regarding OBJ's Ram's salary, it was a very tiny fraction of the money he was paid this season ($15.5M) or the total he's earned in his NFL career ($80M) so I doubt the loss really hurts much. Using the figures we have the loss in bitcoin value is about 0.44% of his total NFL income. Maybe he has to cut back on how often he changes his hair color for a while. 

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

this.

sort of.

Anyone who doesn't like crypto just hasn't taken the time to learn it. There's some functionality that simply doesn't exist in any other form.

However, i would hesitate using it as an investment if one lacks patience and knowledge. Want to know more? 

I'm heavy on Bitcoin, It's not going anywhere. For those of you looking to get in, now is the time. 

18 hours ago, League_Champion said:

This week? 6 Catches, 82 yards and 1 TD. That's pretty much his stat line every week. 

You might want to look at his stats before you spout such nonsense.  He has scored a lot more TDs with the Rams, but otherwise his receptions and yards are not that high, certainly not 6-82 every week, and actually not much different than his stats with the Browns this year. But stats don't matter, some fool told me that once, then tries to talk stats out their rear. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BeckOd00.htm

CLE 6 games, 34 targets, 17 rec, 232yds, 13.6yd/rec, 0TDs  2.8 rec/gm 38.7yds/gm

LAR 8 games 48 targets, 27 rec, 305yds, 11.3yd/rec, 5TDs  3.4 rec/gm 38.1yds/gm

That's an increase of half (.6) a reception per game and the same yardage. 

Another example of you just trolling and not knowing manure. This is been covered by the Browns media extensively, the big point is he's getting TDs and used in the red zone. And that's something that didn't happen in CLE and they think Coach Stefanski needs to look at why. 

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/01/what-are-we-to-make-of-the-rise-of-odell-beckham-jr-with-the-rams-terrys-talkin-browns.html

the first 3 bullet points in the article cover the stats difference between his CLE and LAR games. 

Edited by stevegrab

19 hours ago, League_Champion said:

This week? 6 Catches, 82 yards and 1 TD. That's pretty much his stat line every week. 

He hasn't been able to do that since week 12 of the 2019 season and he's only topped 80 yds 3 times in the past 3 seasons. I'm not going to say that's not achievable by him, he very well could totally go off in this game, but it certainly would be an outlier.

31 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

You might want to look at his stats before you spout such nonsense.  He has scored a lot more TDs with the Rams, but otherwise his receptions and yards are not that high, certainly not 6-82 every week, and actually not much different than his stats with the Browns this year. But stats don't matter, some fool told me that once, then tries to talk stats out their rear. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BeckOd00.htm

CLE 6 games, 34 targets, 17 rec, 232yds, 13.6yd/rec, 0TDs  2.8 rec/gm 38.7yds/gm

LAR 8 games 48 targets, 27 rec, 305yds, 11.3yd/rec, 5TDs  3.4 rec/gm 38.1yds/gm

That's an increase of half (.6) a reception per game and the same yardage. 

Another example of you just trolling and not knowing manure. This is been covered by the Browns media extensively, the big point is he's getting TDs and used in the red zone. And that's something that didn't happen in CLE and they think Coach Stefanski needs to look at why. 

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/01/what-are-we-to-make-of-the-rise-of-odell-beckham-jr-with-the-rams-terrys-talkin-browns.html

the first 3 bullet points in the article cover the stats difference between his CLE and LAR games. 

Except! It's a great matchup for him this week. 80 and a Tuddy is very realistic

23 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I think the two of you should do an avatar bet. Put your avy where your mouth is.

Why should I make a bet, I didn't say that OBJ couldn't do 80yds and a TD in the playoff game. I simply pointed out how the complete BS in LC's post "OBJ stat line every week is 6-82-1). You pointed that out as well, and said it would be an outlier, maybe you should make a bet ;)

The fact is, OBJ has 5 TDs for the Rams, 0 for the Browns, otherwise his his receptions and yardage this year with the 2 teams is basically the same.  But LC won't even acknowledge that and now clings to his prediction for this week, like he never made the statement. Typical blowhard, say dumb stuff, when called out, act like you never said. 

3 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Why should I make a bet, I didn't say that OBJ couldn't do 80yds and a TD in the playoff game. I simply pointed out how the complete BS in LC's post "OBJ stat line every week is 6-82-1). You pointed that out as well, and said it would be an outlier, maybe you should make a bet ;)

The fact is, OBJ has 5 TDs for the Rams, 0 for the Browns, otherwise his his receptions and yardage this year with the 2 teams is basically the same.  But LC won't even acknowledge that and now clings to his prediction for this week, like he never made the statement. Typical blowhard, say dumb stuff, when called out, act like you never said. 

What are you talking about? That is my prediction, isn't that what you asked for? I really like his matchup this week. I think 6 balls for 82 and a touchdown is very realistic. Stop being sour because your Boyfriend Baker could get him the ball. That's on Mayfield, not OBJ. 

8 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I don't have a dog in the hunt & couldn't care less. 

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

What are you talking about? That is my prediction, isn't that what you asked for? I really like his matchup this week. I think 6 balls for 82 and a touchdown is very realistic. Stop being sour because your Boyfriend Baker could get him the ball. That's on Mayfield, not OBJ. 

What are you talking about? Look at your post (picture below), you quoted something I said over 2 months ago. I never asked for a prediction for the NFC title game. Even if I did, your prediction says his weekly stat line is 6-82-1, but it isn't even close.  Its more like half of that, 3-40-0.5 Is half "pretty much"?  The average per game stats with the Rams is nearly identical to CLE, except for TDs. 

Maybe you're just dense, but more likely just one of those pricks who cannot admit he is wrong. You have zero integrity. 

image.thumb.png.23971af53708639a48d64ebd6640fac6.png

Edited by stevegrab

19 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

This is a great matchup for van Jefferson and obj (and higbee).  9ers Achilles heel is cb.  Kupp should draw doubles, but the rams have better options and weather than gbp after Adams

If any game is his opportunity to shine it's this one. I think LC's prediction may actually be on the low side and OBJ breaks 100.

Obj would make the HOF if he didn't catch the crazy and go to the perennial doormat Browns instead of a team in the NFL.  Wasted prime years with a noodle armed QB in an inept organization.   A shame for him really, wasting all that talent in a craphole like Cleveland  

:pop:

Edited by Zooty
  • Haha 1

On 1/27/2022 at 12:41 PM, stevegrab said:

What are you talking about? Look at your post (picture below), you quoted something I said over 2 months ago. I never asked for a prediction for the NFC title game. Even if I did, your prediction says his weekly stat line is 6-82-1, but it isn't even close.  Its more like half of that, 3-40-0.5 Is half "pretty much"?  The average per game stats with the Rams is nearly identical to CLE, except for TDs. 

Maybe you're just dense, but more likely just one of those pricks who cannot admit he is wrong. You have zero integrity. 

image.thumb.png.23971af53708639a48d64ebd6640fac6.png

9 for 113 

On 1/27/2022 at 7:39 PM, Zooty said:

Obj would make the HOF if he didn't catch the crazy and go to the perennial doormat Browns instead of a team in the NFL.  Wasted prime years with a noodle armed QB in an inept organization.   A shame for him really, wasting all that talent in a craphole like Cleveland  

:pop:

Well, thank goodness that happened then because ODB is straight up nutty!  However, off to the SB!

• 8 months later...