[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Watson news - won't face criminal charges

darin3

My point here is that in order to answer the question,  you struggle with your own sexuality (in order to explain how it could have happened) as well as embarrassment (that it did happen).  The 1st issue becomes easier when remembering it wasn't your fault. It was something done to you.  Something victims often struggle with,  and the 2nd is what holds you back from reporting,  not only do you have to Say out loud what happened,  but you have to deal with others also knowing.   These are recurring issues, especially when others assume that they must have done something for it to occur - victim blaming- I only looked at her breasts because she was wearing a bikini, or he jizzed on my leg because we were not fully clothed.   

Others get to make assumptions 

Edited by millworkguy
  • Like 2

The detective in the 10 criminal complaints against Watson wanted him charged with 

. She said she believed Watson committed criminal indecent assault, sexual assault and prostitution

Also she said she wasn't asked to testify for the grand jury because Watson’s lawyer would have objected. And found the 10 women :

“I expressed to her that we did find the complainants credible and reliable,” Baker testified, 

in Texas the statue for sexual assault is written that speaks specifically to coercion and we felt that there was enough to insinuate that power and influence.

(I bolded this part, as it emplies that talking your partner into sex, could be considered sexual assaultin Texas, esp in single income households)

full article:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2022/06/10/deshaun-watson-police-detective-crimes-lawsuits-massages-houston/7586814001/

On 6/7/2022 at 6:41 PM, purplemonster said:

"happy baby yoga pose"

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/07/sports/football/deshaun-watson.html

"In their first session, she said he got into the happy baby yoga pose — on his back with his feet in his hands — and asked her to massage between his testicles and anus. She laughed off the request but said he grabbed her wrist and put her hand there."

Whelp, imo that changes everything.  No Bueno.  

All the rest you could have left the room, listened to the other girls/rumors, etc etc etc.  

Browns... yikes. 

So that's going to make 26 charges out of some 66 women who gave him massages, and I had read earlier that 15 women who had given him a message came to his defense. I guess that means there could still be another 25 charges or even more coming.

But he's innocent, and had been totally honest with the Browns, and they believe him and will stand by him....

I'm hearing now that if he is suspended for a full year, or put on the exempt list that the Browns will just push his contract out to the following year. Doesn't sound like they have any plans of trying to get out of this, and figure they have some elite QB to take them to the promised land whenever this all blows over. (Never mind that its a year or two or more later, wasted seasons of your other elite players. All because they thought Baker was a bust after allowing him to play hurt for most of the season.)

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

So that's going to make 26 charges out of some 66 women who gave him massages, and I had read earlier that 15 women who had given him a message came to his defense. I guess that means there could still be another 25 charges or even more coming.

But he's innocent, and had been totally honest with the Browns, and they believe him and will stand by him....

I'm hearing now that if he is suspended for a full year, or put on the exempt list that the Browns will just push his contract out to the following year. Doesn't sound like they have any plans of trying to get out of this, and figure they have some elite QB to take them to the promised land whenever this all blows over. (Never mind that its a year or two or more later, wasted seasons of your other elite players. All because they thought Baker was a bust after allowing him to play hurt for most of the season.)

Yeah - I think the Browns' have cast their lot with Watson, for better or worse. If they gambled wrong on this, the Browns are going to be hosed for at least 3 years. No Watson and no draft picks is a really bad combo.

Browns fans and Cleveland deserve better.

4 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Doesn't sound like they have any plans of trying to get out of this, and figure they have some elite QB to take them to the promised land whenever this all blows over. (Never mind that its a year or two or more later, wasted seasons of your other elite players. All because they thought Baker was a bust after allowing him to play hurt for most of the season.

This sucks for the fans. How can the NFL decide his fate when alleged victims are still coming forth? This can drag out for a long long time. I'm not sure of the language in the contract but I hope they covered their ass where possible. 

47 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

This sucks for the fans. How can the NFL decide his fate when alleged victims are still coming forth? This can drag out for a long long time. I'm not sure of the language in the contract but I hope they covered their ass where possible. 

Browns management/ownership was blinded by the shiny object and didn't cover themselves well. But Watson got covered, he could be suspended all season and barely lose a dime. And if its a long suspension or exempt list he'll just get paid later. Those draft picks are gone, and the QB situation is a mess until Watson can play and not face a lengthy suspension in the future. (I suspect the Browns believed him and his "I'm innocent" line and figured at worst its 4-6 games. 

Was reading earlier that the Browns and Panthers are still talking about a trade for Mayfield, and now Browns could be looking to get Darnold as part of the deal, if Watson is likely to miss all of 2021, gives them a better #2 QB behind Brissett. 

13 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Browns management/ownership was blinded by the shiny object and didn't cover themselves well. But Watson got covered, he could be suspended all season and barely lose a dime. And if its a long suspension or exempt list he'll just get paid later. Those draft picks are gone, and the QB situation is a mess until Watson can play and not face a lengthy suspension in the future. (I suspect the Browns believed him and his "I'm innocent" line and figured at worst its 4-6 games. 

Was reading earlier that the Browns and Panthers are still talking about a trade for Mayfield, and now Browns could be looking to get Darnold as part of the deal, if Watson is likely to miss all of 2021, gives them a better #2 QB behind Brissett. 

Agree, Browns fans deserve much better. I think Mayfield would do good in Seattle. It's a very simple offense and they won't ask much out of him. I think Carolina is a bad situation for any QB, the staff is a mess. 

22 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Watson got covered, he could be suspended all season and barely lose a dime.

His salary this season is 1 million the next 4 years are like 46 million each, with a 46 million signing bonus, split over 5 seasons.

4 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Agree, Browns fans deserve much better. I think Mayfield would do good in Seattle. It's a very simple offense and they won't ask much out of him. I think Carolina is a bad situation for any QB, the staff is a mess. 

After viewing the Browns forums the past few weeks…many Browns fans don’t deserve better. 

7 hours ago, stevegrab said:

So basically like every other group of fans out there. 

I was hoping that the Eagles would snag him but now I'm quite relieved that they didn't. But it's not just Browns fans, any fan base would be split on this. They want it to work so bad that they'll defend him regardless of the circumstances. It would happen in every City. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

"Unprecedented" Punishment Could Be Coming for DeShaun Watson "

And this from the nflpa :

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/06/16/nflpas-defense-of-deshaun-watson-will-take-aim-at-nfls-treatment-of-multiple-owners/amp/

Based on recent fines /punishment on team owners /management they will appeal any significant punishment.   (Forgetting the fact that those owners/management may have 1 complaint, so X24 (to X26) times their punishment should be expected), and big ben got 4 games for 2 complaints 

Edited by millworkguy

3 hours ago, League_Champion said:

It's really hard to see how he plays this year. Until this is resolved every time he steps out there this is going to be the topic of discussion. The NFL certainly doesn't want it. And regardless of whatever criminal laws he may or may not have broken, he has easily surpassed whatever personal conduct policies they have. By a long way. Habitually masturbating on unsuspecting masseuses or coercing/hard selling sexual activity in a closed room as a naked dude is not probably going to go over well. 

13 hours ago, j4pac said:

Not exactly 

Sure if you say so, only the Browns have bad fans who say dumb stuff online :rolleyes:   Nevermind people are defending Watson and bashing his accusers who are not even Browns fans. 

I'm a Browns fans, and was asked recently by a friend (a Steeler fan) how I feel, and I told him and he said that's what he's heard from many Browns fans, which isn't as well represented in random "forums". 

2 hours ago, purplemonster said:

He is only going to turn 27 in a few months. A couple year suspension would clear the decks for a while, and give him some path to redemption if he wants to seek it. Wouldn't be a shocker. 

Exactly, and the core of the team is getting older as well. That window isn't going to stay open forever. The Browns F'd this up royally but it could of easily been any other team. They just happened to win/lose the bidding war.